aberdeen-music

FIFA '13

Moose

Indoor five-a-side on 97 was incredible. Had it on the PC. Most annoying thing about that game was that your 'shoot' button was the same as 'slide tackle' which meant that if there was a scramble in the box you more often than not ended up taking out the 'keeper once the ball was in his hands and getting sent off.

Mind FIFA '02, when you slid in on the goalie and the pumpin' house music started playing as you were sent off? Well funny.

It's basically a polished version of FIFA 12. There's a lot more distinction between players and their individual strengths. It's fairly easy to dance through midfield with Pirlo before spraying a 40 yard ball onto someone's right foot; Chiellini is totally dominant in 50-50s, but has a fairly cumbersome first touch. I was using him against Gotze, and while Gotze is much, much faster, it was fairly easy to jockey him and then boot him 10 feet in the air. Strikers play on the shoulder and can turn defenders which is cool.

Lots of little tweeks and the gameplay is great, but this could all be novelty. Hopefully manager mode is better.

Anyone else noticed that the cheapest pre-order for this in the big retailers (including amazon) is nearly £43? Crazy. Tesco have a 15% off deal and that is the best I have seen if you deduct 15%. Hopefully one of the supermarkets will do a loss leader and offer it for £25 when you buy your shopping there. I picked it up for £25 from tesco last year on launch day.

http://www.tescoentertainment.com/store/browse/campaign/Great-FIFA-13-offer/?icid=GamesHome_Great-FIFA-13-offer_Static1

Played the demo and thought basically the same as Moose. A few nice tweaks but not substantially different. Will definitely wait til it comes down in price as it is not a big enough jump to warrant a full priced purchase IMO.

My brother bought FIFA Street for full whack when that came out. Talk about ill-advised purchases...

But yeah, £43 seems a bit steep. It's nice however to be back in a country where $100 (£65) isn't the norm for new releases...

Did you go into any music shops when you were there? The price of guitars is bloody scary! It's actually cheaper to use one of the many good aussie luthiers and get a custom than a Korean made mid range instrument. Mental.

FIFA street was never a full priced game! Played the demo and was not impressed. It may have been worth a purchase if it was downloadable for 1200 MSP but £40? No thanks!

Did you go into any music shops when you were there? The price of guitars is bloody scary! It's actually cheaper to use one of the many good aussie luthiers and get a custom than a Korean made mid range instrument. Mental.

FIFA street was never a full priced game! Played the demo and was not impressed. It may have been worth a purchase if it was downloadable for 1200 MSP but £40? No thanks!

Aye, pretty much everything in Australia is mega expensive! It's ridiculous.

It was! He paid $89 for it! It was pretty much a FIFA '12 add-on, the demo was great fun but there is literally nothing to the full game - it's the demo with a few extra modes attached on and gets harder as you go through a linear "career". Pretty disgusted with it to be honest.

Would like to see some of the FIFA street 5-a-side, panna and futsal modes merged into FIFA. But to make it a separate game when it is essentially the same engine with a few added audatious tricks was mental.

That's pretty much exactly it. It makes me rather sick now to think we spent £50 on that toss.

My brother bought FIFA Street for full whack when that came out. Talk about ill-advised purchases...

The only game I've ever fallen asleep while playing. Mid match. No word of a lie.

Remember This Is Football? I had a great one (2002 I think, the one with Rio Ferdinand on the cover) you could dive in it, and you'd win a penalty every time if you timed it right. I used to play Chris the mod and Steve from Cobra Kai at that all time, set up my team with a 4-3-3 so I had a striker in the middle between the two defenders, play a through ball from midfield and wait for them to get close in on me, bang, down I go, get like 4 penalties a match. Chris and Steve did not like it.

Aye, pretty much everything in Australia is mega expensive! It's ridiculous.

It was! He paid $89 for it! It was pretty much a FIFA '12 add-on, the demo was great fun but there is literally nothing to the full game - it's the demo with a few extra modes attached on and gets harder as you go through a linear "career". Pretty disgusted with it to be honest.

there is a huge uproar on the football manager forums right now cause FM is up for $90aus at the moment, people are furious about it. SI's response was pretty much, "unlucky, games cost more where you are".

The only game I've ever fallen asleep while playing. Mid match. No word of a lie.

Remember This Is Football? I had a great one (2002 I think, the one with Rio Ferdinand on the cover) you could dive in it, and you'd win a penalty every time if you timed it right. I used to play Chris the mod and Steve from Cobra Kai at that all time, set up my team with a 4-3-3 so I had a striker in the middle between the two defenders, play a through ball from midfield and wait for them to get close in on me, bang, down I go, get like 4 penalties a match. Chris and Steve did not like it.

THAT SOUNDS AWESOME, no word of a lie.

there is a huge uproar on the football manager forums right now cause FM is up for $90aus at the moment, people are furious about it. SI's response was pretty much, "unlucky, games cost more where you are".

$90 is pretty average, if anything below average, for a videogame in Australia! But when the exact same game is available new for half the price in the UK then it does kid of hurt.

Australia can go to hell. I watch Australian Border Force on Sunday mornings. They are completely mental. Folk getting fined a couple of hundred dollars for bringing in an apple which they were given on the plane!

Someone should start a war with them, for being lunatics.

I watch this same programme. Australia's border patrol are so strict it's unreal. So many forms. I binned a packet of sweets I half-ate on the flight there in case. Scary.