aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

myself says no.

Are you Brendan Rogers?

I think what we're all forgetting here is that the match last night was actually rubbish but Swansea got to the final where they will lose to Bradford City.

A Thing I Liked From the Villa v Bradford Post Match Stuff: the Bradford captain referred to them as a 4th division club. Old school; respect.

17 is an adult. You can vote, get married, start a family, join the army and be convicted for a crime. More importantly seeing as we're talking about violence, a 17 year old is more than capable of standing up for themselves against an older man. I got plenty of bruises from 16 and 17 year olds when I was doing martial arts which proved it, little bastards.

Besides I doubt that guy is still at school.

You can't buy a beer or watch a horror movie though. Stupid country. Also, what can you vote on at 17? And I think you have to be 18 to get married in England.

Zaha is signing for United in the next couple of days, but being loaned back to Palace. Bad move. He should join now. Young is out for another month, Nani is pure toss and Valencia, who was once the king of football, has somehow repelled his devastating form, and is currently mostly ineffective. Not that it matters, because Valencia can't play on the left anyway. Looks like a fun signing. He's got all those ridiculous showboating skills. He totally rinsed United's fullbacks in the Carling Cup last season.

You can't buy a beer or watch a horror movie though. Stupid country. Also, what can you vote on at 17? And I think you have to be 18 to get married in England.

Sorry, can't vote got that one wrong, but you can gamble.

I just think saying he's a child is projecting the image that he's what people expect of a ballboy, a 12 year old bairn. The guy's 17, has boasted online that he planned to fuck around at the game and is certainly old enough and big enough to know better. He's childish, certainly, but not a child.

Ask yourself this Chris, if it was your kid, would you have been happy seeing him get a punt in the ribs from Hazard?

If it was my kid I'd give him a slap myself when he got back.

I wouldn't really. But the question is invalid. Like asking the father of a murder victim if they believe in capital punishment. Of course they do! But ask someone if rationally they believe the government should kill people and they'll (probably) give a different answer.

I had hoped that Zaha wouldn't be going back to Palace but for different reasons. He's stupid fast which is all you need to be to cause havoc in the Championship and I could do without him helping Palace be better than 'boro.

I'd read he'd been a bit off the boil recently with all the transfer talk surrounding him. Perhaps now he knows he's off to United, he'll just potter around the pitch looking smug.

Yeh its a bit of a shit question but the point kinda stands. Take it from a different stand point, your walking down the street, you see a kid jump onto of a football, you then see an adult come over and kick the kid to get the ball back, the kid then clutches his ribs as if he is in pain. Do you just walk past and not give it a second thought?

The age surely doesnt really come into play here. No one should EVER kick anyone except if its a trained sport. Violence should never ever be the answer to anything, especially not for getting a football back.

Violence should never ever be the answer to anything, especially not for getting a football back.

Fuck off hippy!

Obviously I agree. I'm not saying Hazard is blameless at all. He deserved a red card for it but I just don't have much sympathy for a 17 year old lad(z) acting like a twat.

Various footballing views about the whole thing:

Chelsea FC @chelseafc

Has football gone mad? Hazard is sent off for kicking the ball under a ball boy attempting to smother the ball rather than return it. #CFC (Tweet later deleted)

Apologies for earlier ballboy tweet. Hazard has now met with the ballboy and has said sorry. #CFC

Didi Hamann @DietmarHamann

What has the game come to if you tell your ballboys to slow the game down.... Football is watched all over the world #Rolemodel

Michael Owen @themichaelowen

I'm not saying Hazard isn't in the wrong but I hate to see a person who instigates a situation then cry foul for next to nothing.

Both the kid and Hazard were in the wrong. Not having Hazard tried to hurt him though. He just tried to toe poke it out of his grip.

Robbie Savage @RobbieSavage8

If the ballboy gives the ball straight back and does his job properly that doesn't happen !

Glenn Hoddle Sky Sports

"As a management team in European games you will tell the people who are instructing the ballboys that if you are winning the game, don't get the ball back quickly. That's your home advantage, in a way."

Gary Neville @GNev2

"@KyeHess: Gary give us your thoughts Gary Gary give us your thoughts #BallBoyLad Red. Have done similar things so not on my high horse!

Steven Pienaar @therealstevenpi

I'm not saying its the correct thing 2 do but when in the heat of the moment u just want the ball

Stan Collymore @StanCollymore

Hazard deserved red(violent conduct rule). Kid is a prat. Ball boy job is to give ball quickly .End of. Is that enough of an opinion?

Gareth Bale @GarethBale11

Unbelievable decision by the referee to send Hazard off but congrats to Swansea. Who'd have predicted this final?!

Joseph Barton @Joey7Barton

After reviewing last nights footage, I've come to the conclusion that the games gone. Ballboys aged 17, time wasting, then rollin round like ..they've been shot. Games gone. He was actually claiming to be best time waster in the world on twitter yesterday! WTF' that all about? ... Hazard only crime is he hasn't kicked him hard enough...

Rio Ferdinand @rioferdy5

17 year old ball boy....is that a wind up!!? Is being a ball boy now a career move??

Pat Nevin Radio 5 Live

"I was very disappointed with the way that the ballboy acted. He must have been watching footballers with the way that he rolled around and pretended to be injured. He's only got one job and his job is to go and give the ball back. What does he do? He keeps the ball. I have to say I was absolutely amazed this morning to find he's 17. Not 12. Not 13. He should know what his actions should be in that situation. His behaviour was disgraceful."

Asked whether he would have kicked the ballboy, Nevin replied? "I would have kicked the ball out from underneath him if he was behaving like that, 100%."

Does this say anything for the standard of role model that footballers are to kids nowadays?

Yes, the ball boy was dickish, but it all smacked of excerpts of things you see across the Premier League week in week out. Timewasting, a 'dive' to fall onto the ball, then rolling around like he'd been shot when Hazard kicked out and arms out complaining to the referee to take action. Totally mental, but the red card was the correct decision. Let the referee deal with things like that.

• Upvote 2

To be fair to the ball boy, if I was 17 and the ball boy for a cup semi-final between the dons and lets say rangers, I'd happily get involved in a bit of time wasting.

And then I'd point and laugh at Ricksen when he gets his red card.

Imagine that. There would be a riot if that happened.

From what I've read, the kid was only the ballboy because one of the actual ballboys had to pull out due to the snow. i read on Twitter that his Dad is a director at Swansea, so his kid was called up. Don't think his age really matters. 17 is still a kid really. He was a dick. Hazard was a dick too. They've both apologised. Hazard gets a 3 game ban. No further action being taken. End. What's left to debate?