aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

"I saw a headline saying Arsenal are flying the flag for Britain,...

I kind of wondered where that British involvement actually was when I looked at their team...It's important that top clubs don't lose sight of the fact that it's the English Premier League and English players should be involved...Foreign players have been fantastic. We have learned from them and from foreign coaches.

...But, to some extent, we could lose the soul of British football - the English player."

Alan Pardew

Well done to Bradford, nice to see a lower league side doing so well in a cup, hope they play Swansea depends which Chelski turns up tonight I think!

That Peterboro supporting buffoon Adrian Durham was banging away on Talksport how for the good of English football it would be ridiculous to have Bradford playing in the Europa League as they would get knocked out instantly and it would be a waste of a European space. Bet the shoe would be on the other foot if it was Peterboro in the League Cup final the stupid little scum supporting man!

Lambert must be fearing for his job now but in reality who could Villa get in who could do any better???

Allez les Toon. If these deals come-off, we'll have the following Frenchies on our books:-

Haidara

Yanga-Mbiwa

Gouffran

Sissoko

Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Amalfitano

Marveaux

Obertan

Debuchy

Plus Cisse, Bigirimana, Tiote and Abeid, who call speak French.

Has there ever been a Premier League club that's been completely taken over by another nationality like this? I remember Arsenal having a bunch of French lads back in the day, but this is mental.

Think Yanga-Mbiwa and Debouchy are going to be great buys for you lot, probably enough to ensure your survival. I've never even seen the other lad play so cant comment on him.

He's a kid. Of course he's being a knob. Kids are knobs. Doesn't excuse giving him a punt.

It'd be great if the kid pressed charges.

Besides. Who wanted Chelsea going to Wembley, again? Nobody. Not even Chelsea fans. They're fed up of Wembley, and Wembley is fed up of them.

If that's the sort of behaviour that a "kid" displays whilst doing a job they need to rethink age groups for "ball boys" as regardless of age that isn't acceptable, not that Hazard's response was ok either.

• Upvote 1

If that's the sort of behaviour that a "kid" displays whilst doing a job they need to rethink age groups for "ball boys" as regardless of age that isn't acceptable, not that Hazard's response was ok either.

Agreed.

Besides, the fucker is holding a beer on his Twitter, and there's a picture of a torn-up betting slip on there.

Old enough to drink and gamble? On yer own, Jack.

Ball boys are definitely being taught by the clubs to favour the home team. You see it a lot every week, but obviously he's taken it too far. Seeing alot of "but the kid deserved it" response, which I don't agree with at all. He doesn't deserve to get a kick. If kids got kicked everytime they were being a dick, there'd be alot of injured kids. Kids are dicks. Hazard is a professional. Hold it together, you're on the telly!

I liked how the kid appealed to the referee. Should have had a penalty.

• Upvote 2

I highly doubt they are in any way 'taught' by the clubs. In fact, that's probably the problem. I'm sure they're just thrown onto the sidelines with very little supervision and boast amongst themselves about how they are gonna timewaste, as if they're not there to actually do a job. I can't even believe I'm saying this: it's verging on parody, but Hazard has tried to get the ball out from under him, he's not trying to harm the kid, he's just trying to get on with the game.

I've always hated ballboys. There was one lad at todders who used to always stand and do keepy uppies - as if he was gonna get magically scouted or something - the ball would fizz past him and he'd be onto the second knee of his around-the-world, not a care in said world.