aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

I highly doubt they are in any way 'taught' by the clubs. In fact, that's probably the problem. I'm sure they're just thrown onto the sidelines with very little supervision and boast amongst themselves about how they are gonna timewaste, as if they're not there to actually do a job. I can't even believe I'm saying this: it's verging on parody, but Hazard has tried to get the ball out from under him, he's not trying to harm the kid, he's just trying to get on with the game.

I've always hated ballboys. There was one lad at todders who used to always stand and do keepy uppies - as if he was gonna get magically scouted or something - the ball would fizz past him and he'd be onto the second knee of his around-the-world, not a care in said world.

dunno, lots of player on twitter suggesting managers brief the ballboys prior to games.

From watching Spanish football, I've noticed the home team getting the ball back much quicker than the away team. Maybe it's coincidence, but it seems to happen a lot. I'm basing it purely on that that I reckon ball boys are given a bit of a nudge to drag their feet about giving the away team the ball. At the Nou Camp it's like a well oiled machine.

Anyway. The kid is laying on the ball. Hazard is obviously dead set on getting the ball back and not just mindlessly kicking a kid, but if the kid is laying on top of the ball as he was, then obviously kicking the ball was going to make contact with the kid as well.

I know when i was a ball boy once a long time ago, we were told under no uncertain terms to ignore any player telling us to time waste and that we would be in big trouble if we got a player booked because of time wasting. That was for an Aberdeen vs Rangers match, i was right behind big Theo's goal for the whole game and every single time the ball went behind the goal he would shout at us to slow down.

That was the game we won 2-0 at home, Dodds and big Dunc got the goals, the same season we were almost relegated and beat Dunfermilne in a play off :cool:

/coolstorybro.

• Upvote 2

I honestly don’t think Hazard had any intention of hurting the “kid”, it genuinely looks as though he’s trying to kick the ball out from underneath him. Sure, he should have been sent off for his physical approach, but I think it should be left there. The ballboy’s the dickhead, not Hazard.

• Upvote 1

I honestly don’t think Hazard had any intention of hurting the “kid”, it genuinely looks as though he’s trying to kick the ball out from underneath him. Sure, he should have been sent off for his physical approach, but I think it should be left there. The ballboy’s the dickhead, not Hazard.

Agreed.

As you were.

Agreed the kid looks like a tosser, his twitter page is full of "ladz" banter and i can bet he thinks he is gods gift this morning because of his 10,000 followers on twitter. Still tho, you cant kick minors, especailly ones that are not your own, and even more so, not in a public football stadium in front of about 5 million people. If the FA dont hammer him ill be very surprised.

Agreed the kid looks like a tosser, his twitter page is full of "ladz" banter and i can bet he thinks he is gods gift this morning because of his 10,000 followers on twitter. Still tho, you cant kick minors, especailly ones that are not your own, and even more so, not in a public football stadium in front of about 5 million people. If the FA dont hammer him ill be very surprised.

:laughing:

meh i have better things to do than worry about spelling or grammer, like finding more cat gifs.

It's not even the spelling and grammar that are the most wrong things in that sentence!

The guy is 17, he's an adult in the UK. A minor is a US term and doesn't apply here. Plus you can't kick children no matter if they're yours or not!

17 is an adult. You can vote, get married, start a family, join the army and be convicted for a crime. More importantly seeing as we're talking about violence, a 17 year old is more than capable of standing up for themselves against an older man. I got plenty of bruises from 16 and 17 year olds when I was doing martial arts which proved it, little bastards.

Besides I doubt that guy is still at school.