aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

I have also been reading it as that.

If the titties are being removed from Old Rangers then how is that New Rangers being punished further? Old Rangers cheated to win those titties so they don't deserve to have them. Much like in other sports where folks can have titties stripped retroactively if they are proven to have won through cheating.

• Upvote 1

New Rangers is the old Rangers, its still the same club, just a different company running it, that is why they are liable for SFA punishment, otherwise they would have to start a brand new club and could not get SFA membership for 3 years.

Stripping them of the titles seems pointless, especially if they plan to give them to Celtic.

I love that the Rangers Wikipedia page is now all in past tense.

Rangers Football Club was a football club based in Glasgow, who played in the Scottish Premier League until the end of the 2011-12 season. The club's home was[4] the all-seated 51,082-capacity Ibrox Stadium in south-west Glasgow. Rangers had a fierce rivalry with Celtic;[5] the two Glasgow clubs being collectively known as the Old Firm.

Newco are only getting entry to SFA/SFL on the back of the history/accounts of Rangers. As such they have to accept all liability for previous fines/bans/general shittery Rangers did. If they don't accept this they would have to gain entrance to SFA/SFL on their own merit which they would fail as they don't have 3 years of accounts to fall back on.

The bigger question is how they were allowed to use Rangers accounts, when Rangers filed incorrect accounts last year.

Very true.

I'm not sure they'll be playing league football next season.

Their season kicks off next Saturday away to Brechin in the Ramsdens cup.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!1111

Pre-season means very little though in terms of performance. Kiko Macheda scored for United last night whilst getting MOTM, and he's shit as fuck. United also played 4-2-4 with 4 all out strikers. It was mental. A couple of season back, Michael Owen netted 8 in 6 pre-season games. He was a predator. Shit when it came to real football though.

Hopefully Hazard will get his knee snapped by a massive centre back first game of the season, the attention seeking little knob.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.newstargames.newstarsoccer&hl=en this game is great, the only football game I found worth playing (largely because it doesn't try to be like console games with touch controls!). They made it much harder with the corners though. Really hard to judge power and angles on those.

Free online version here should you wish to try. http://www.mousebreaker.com/games/newstarsoccer/playgame

United look in pole position to swipe this Lucas Moura kid. It doesn't seem to be paper talk anymore. Even Fergie has said so, and he never says much unless something is close.

Wonder if that means Nani is off, since he's not getting the wage he wants it seems. That'd be a shame. I love Nani. He's like Gary Neville. Everyone hates him and he riles everyone by being a massive cunt, despite being a total niceguy off the pitch. Best guy.

Lucas has got mad skills though, and he's got little Rafael chirping in his ear for the whole Olympics bullying him into coming.

Also, A recent interview with Lucas brought this quote:

"The interest from the best clubs is flattering. Everyone dreams of playing for Manchester United. Liverpool? Are they even in the top division?"

I like this guy.

United look in pole position to swipe this Lucas Moura kid. It doesn't seem to be paper talk anymore. Even Fergie has said so, and he never says much unless something is close.

Wonder if that means Nani is off, since he's not getting the wage he wants it seems. That'd be a shame. I love Nani. He's like Gary Neville. Everyone hates him and he riles everyone by being a massive cunt, despite being a total niceguy off the pitch. Best guy.

Lucas has got mad skills though, and he's got little Rafael chirping in his ear for the whole Olympics bullying him into coming.

Also, A recent interview with Lucas brought this quote:

"The interest from the best clubs is flattering. Everyone dreams of playing for Manchester United. Liverpool? Are they even in the top division?"

I like this guy.

Yeah I posted that quote last week I think.

I've watched a couple of games with Moura and I think he's pretty overpriced. If he reaches his full potential then he might be worth the money being bid but right now he's not even a 20 million player I don't think. His final ball just isn't consistently there, Hazard is a much more complete player at the moment than Moura. IMO.

You did. I read it again this morning, I couldn't remember if I saw it on here or not. Great quote. Good lad.

Definitely overpriced, but players always are when United get involved (United definitely shouldn't have paid £18million for Kagawa who was refusing to extend his contract and only had a year left) as well as other big teams, and Sao Paulo don't want to sell. With a bit of persistence, I think he could be moulded into a very good player. Afterall, Ronaldo had nothing in his locker other than pace and trickery. Now he can do it all. It's incredible how good he is in the air now, after being awful. It just depends on Lucas' attitude and will to improve.

I've watched some of these Moura highlight reels. He's raw, but definitely looks like he's got more to offer than the other 'raw' players United have signed, like Bebe and Anderson. Fucking Anderson. What a shit-heap.

Yeah I don't think he's going to be awful or anything just not quite 28ish million good. Certainly not for a good few years.

If Manyoo are willing to spend so much on one player I would think that just going the whole hog and bidding for Neymar would be a better option. I mean he'll cost 40-50 million but he would bring an incredible amount of sponsorship and marketing opportunities and would really open up South American market even more for Manyoo.

But he's a dick with dickish hair and looks like a dick.

He does look ridiculously good mind, though I don't think United will ever spend that much on one player. I think a huge pricetag can really hinder a player at times, especially ones as unproven as Neymar and Lucas Moura. Maybe a team with money to burn like City, Chelsea or Madrid will take a punt on him, because if he fails then it ain't no thing, because they've got another few billion in the bank. United need to be a bit more sensible, and whilst he is overpriced, I don't think it is as big of a risk as Neymar would be due to how much he would cost, despite Neymar looking the better player so far.

Despite that, I think United should use that money to give Nani whatever money he wants, and spend the rest on someone like Javi Martinez, or another big, fuck off midfielder who doesn't take any shit.