aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

Caly statement today is not good reading....

There will now inevitably be serious consequences for the game in Scotland.

We have all, as clubs, accepted the views of our stakeholders in making the initial judgement to uphold sporting integrity.

All clubs will now have to live with the repercussions of this decision. Scottish football was at a crossroads today in terms of what was on the table for all clubs regarding reorganisation, financial distribution and a road map that would have taken the game forward.

But this has now been thrown in to disarray by this decision. This is a sad day for all clubs in Scotland.

None of us will escape the financial fallout from this. There was an opportunity on the table, in terms of the joint agreement tabled at today's meeting, for us all to come together and a genuine willingness to improve the game substantially over the coming years. But it now looks as though this will once again be kicked back in to the long grass. A once in a lifetime opportunity to bring forward change may well have been lost.

The directors of ICTFC are fully aware of the financial implications of this latest decision on Newco. The loss of either our fans or our sponsors was never going to leave any of the clubs in Scotland in a healthy financial position and for some this could spell the end of football as we know it.

Certain clubs in the SFL have perceived the financial information they were receiving as a 'big stick' to beat them into accepting Newco in the First Division. This was definitely not the case, as far as I am concerned. What they were being told was the reality of the situation.

We will be convening an emergency board meeting over the weekend to discuss the very serious financial implications for us as a club going forward

It would appear that the plan of the SPL clubs was to vote no to save face with the fans, but only because they thought Rangers would be promoted next season and back in the SPL, i dont think they expected the SFL clubs to vote no today.

I think we have been seriously stitched up and lied to by Aberdeen and all the other SPL clubs, they never listened to what we said, they voted for a short term fix, Rangers go down for one season and by next year they are back, clubs save face by making it look like we got what we wanted, whereas we really had no say in anything.

Why?

Because he's not as good as Ba and nowhere near Cisse's class, will command a sizeable fee/wages, generally seems like a bit of a prick off the pitch, completely burned his bridges when he did that ridiculous swan dive against Krul last season, and last but not least he's still a raw, limited player who's inclusion would only encourage us to go back to the minging STICK IT IN THE MIXER football we were playing not so long ago. We've moved on from utilizing limited grafters like him and Kevin Nolan.

• Upvote 3

Can definitely fuck the fuck off as far away from my fucking football club as possible. Forever.

so you wouldn't welcome him back with open arms then lol!

I think the problem is Carroll doesn't suit the formation and style Rodgers wants to play, think the West Ham move and that hoof ball Alledyce loves so much will suit the lad well.

Aberdeen Chairman Stewart Milne has given his reaction to today's decision by the Scottish Football League to accept Rangers NewCo's request to join the SFL as an associate member and subsequently admit them into the third division.

"Following the SPL meeting last week and the vote to refuse Rangers NewCo admission to the SPL we felt that that the SFL clubs should be left alone to decide whether to grant Rangers NewCo associated membership of the SFL and, if this was approved, which division they should be in. We acknowledge that today they have made that clear decision. It is now time to move on.

"We will work together with the remaining SPL clubs on the season ahead and ensuring everything possible is done to secure the continuing support of our broadcasting and sponsor partners with Rangers NewCo in the SFL.

"Once the season is underway this will offer the opportunity to carry out a comprehensive review of the league structure going forward that will meet the aspirations of the Scottish football supporters, improve the quality of senior football in Scotland, bring about long term financial stability for senior clubs and place football at the heart of our communities.

"Finally I would like to address Aberdeen supporters directly. The challenges facing every club in Scotland going forward are severe, not least to our own club. I urge every single Dons supporter to get behind the Club, and the time to do that is now, as we face these challenges that have come about as a result of this situation which was not of our making."

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20120713/afc-statement-_2212158_2848877

• Upvote 1

The statement from Milne is far too sensible and level headed. Doesn't he know there's a civil war in Scottish football just now?

Anyway assuming the SPL don't do anything batshit mental on Monday I'll be booking tickets for the county game once I get paid. Very happy with Aberdeen's conduct throughout this saga.

Because he's not as good as Ba and nowhere near Cisse's class, will command a sizeable fee/wages, generally seems like a bit of a prick off the pitch, completely burned his bridges when he did that ridiculous swan dive against Krul last season, and last but not least he's still a raw, limited player who's inclusion would only encourage us to go back to the minging STICK IT IN THE MIXER football we were playing not so long ago. We've moved on from utilizing limited grafters like him and Kevin Nolan.

I'm seriously considering buying a season ticket for Aberdeen.

Pre season optimisim coupled with the demise of the club formerly known as R*ngers has left me delirious.

Me too. To be honest, the demise of Rangers is one thing but the way Aberdeen have handled it is a major factor in my desire for a season ticket. If they ever needed extra support from those on the fence, it is now.

• Upvote 1