aberdeen-music

2012/2013 Season Thread

Scootray

I read today Carroll might be going back to Newcastle in a cut price 10 million quid deal or a season long loan to West Ham. Looks like he's on the way out of lolpool.

Starting to get excited about the forthcoming season. Last payment of my season ticket this week and pre-seasons start in a couple of weeks. Signed a heap of decent looking players and discarded some dead wood. I expect a top ten finish again with a push to the play offs! At least our complimentary defeat to bogie team Forest Green Rovers (we always lose to them at least once a season!) will get out the way first game of the season!

Carroll is alright. He's not £35million alright, but he's alright. That was seriously great business by Ashley. Still, not sure why Brendan Rodgers is so eager to axe him without giving him a chance. Obviously he must not be wanting to play some route 1 "gerrit in t'box" football. In that case, they should probably scrap Downing too.

Not even close i fear, the SFA will now step in and overrule this, and i would imagine push for an SPL2.

SPL2 is a massive bluff, not even chancers like Regan and Donkeymaster will get it through (that's if they stay in post, vote of no-confidence rumoured to have been taken too!)

Wonder how many 'loyal' currant buns will turn up at Ochilview in the pissing rain on a Tuesday night in December if their patchwork ensemble of under 18's and remaining mercenaries are getting cannoned regularly? Not many I'll wager!

SPL2 is a massive bluff, not even chancers like Regan and Donkeymaster will get it through (that's if they stay in post, vote of no-confidence rumoured to have been taken too!)

Wonder how many 'loyal' currant buns will turn up at Ochilview in the pissing rain on a Tuesday night in December if their patchwork ensemble of under 18's and remaining mercenaries are getting cannoned regularly? Not many I'll wager!

I really hope so like, although there is also a rumour that Rangers could yet still be voted back into the SPL clubs by panicking chairmen who thought the SFL would bend over for them.......

I actually think Rangers, if they start in div 3, will get good turn outs, there will be gang mentality now at Ibrox and they will be determined to show everyone how wrong they were. But if they dont go up first season things will quickly change.

25-5 is a massive majority. Surely there's no way for Regan and Doncaster to railroad their preferred solution anymore. In fact the only option left for the two of them is to resign.

Rangers in Div 3 next season and hopefully now that's behind us we can get on with football and only then start thinking about serious reconstruction for the whole of Scottish football rather than to benefit one club.

• Upvote 1

statement from rangers.....

RANGERS STATEMENT ON CLUB WEBSITE

"Rangers' future remains uncertain after the Scottish Football League clubs voted against the Light Blues playing in the First Division next season.

"At a meeting at Hampden today, the 30 member clubs agreed to accept Rangers into the SFL but voted against the SFL board being allowed to broker a deal with the SPL and SFA over new structures and procedures which would also include Rangers playing in Division One.

"It is now understood that on the back of a briefing SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster and SFA counterpart Stewart Regan gave to clubs last week that the SPL will introduce a plan for SPL 2 - which would include Rangers - and invite existing Division One members to join.