aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

He's got one of the most undeserved reputations in football. An ace striker, aye, but one of the slyest cunts in the games. As bad as, if not worse than, Alan Shearer for sly digs and subtle elbows.

But the mean reason is this:-

What a cunt. I wouldn't give a damn if someone did that to one of our players now, but shit like that sticks with you when you're an impressionable youngster. Just as I hated Liverpool for making poor Kevin Keegan tremble behind an advertising board, I hate Solskjaer for chopping Bobby Lee down.

I think he could do alright for Villa. Definitely wouldn't be on the verge of getting them relegated. Young, energetic manager who would no doubt inspire the youngsters at the club. Showing them that goal against Bayern. Every day.

Or he could show them ALL of the goals.

That one against Chelsea. Phwoar!

His attitude at Newcastle was awful. It always seemed like he thought he should be playing for a bigger club because he was the Michael Owen. I didn't actually realise he was captain. That makes it even worse.

I'm basing this on absolutely nothing, but I think his problem is down to his commitment more than just being 'unlucky' with injuries. Perhaps he's just soft and doesn't want to play through the pain. There's plenty of injury-prone players who play through the pain just they can stand up and be counted. Michael Owen doesn't seem to ever want to be that kind of player. He got injured for United last November, and hasn't played since, and the original injury report was a tweaked Thigh muscle. That doesn't really sound like a 6 month injury to me. Injury prone players tend to have recurring problems, which Owen doesn't have. It's a different injury everytime, because he's a right little wendy. Take an asprin and jog it off, you puff.

Sounds like a certain Jamie Smith... Now he's getting regular gameplay in the MLS he seems a far more resilient player. Funny that.

Nev Southall is/was a cunt too though. He once had a right go at Wayne Rooney when he was a 12 year old mascot for Everton. In the usual 'keeper rolls the ball out to mascot, mascot plays the ball back to the keeper a few times' in the warm up, Rooney lobbed it over Southall and into the net. Southall went ballistic.

Sore loser.

I remember speaking about Neville Southall with somebody recently. I'm not sure who, but it might have been Woods. I'm not sure why we were talking about Neville Southall either. It might have been because we were discussing cunt goalkeepers or just cunt footballers in generally. Maybe.

On a scale of 1-10, how enrichened does your life suddenly feel after reading the above paragraph?

I remember speaking about Neville Southall with somebody recently. I'm not sure who, but it might have been Woods. I'm not sure why we were talking about Neville Southall either. It might have been because we were discussing cunt goalkeepers or just cunt footballers in generally. Maybe.

On a scale of 1-10, how enrichened does your life suddenly feel after reading the above paragraph?

We were talking about fat goalkeepers after playing against a team with a good, fat goalkeeper. I think someone said he once set up a phone line where you could call him if you wanted goalkeeping tips/advice.

We were talking about fat goalkeepers after playing against a team with a good, fat goalkeeper. I think someone said he once set up a phone line where you could call him if you wanted goalkeeping tips/advice.

Yes, that's it! It was this: http://asknevillesouthall.com/

It's one of my favourite things. If I ever have a spare £99 lying around, I'm gonna ring Neville and call him a prick.

• Upvote 2

Nev Southall is/was a cunt too though. He once had a right go at Wayne Rooney when he was a 12 year old mascot for Everton. In the usual 'keeper rolls the ball out to mascot, mascot plays the ball back to the keeper a few times' in the warm up, Rooney lobbed it over Southall and into the net. Southall went ballistic.

Sore loser.

For some unknown reason when I was about 10, I blurted out "Neville Southall you're a poof" really loudly just behind him whilst he was playing. The crowd was dead silent and he just turned and gave me a smile and a wink.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7763511/Rodgers-turns-down-Liverpool

Good lad.

I really, really, really hope Martinez turns them down too. I think he will. I can see him being given 6 months if he takes the job and no-one could turn Liverpool's fortunes down in that period of time. If I were an manager, it'd be a no-brainer: stay at a club where you are adored, you are building for the future and you have the full backing of all the staff; or go to scummy Liverpool where you will be constantly doubted, dealing with some of the world's biggest cunt-bags on a daily basis and managing a club with a horrible reputation, especially from the past few seasons. Liverpool will pay more than double, I'm sure, but you already earn enough Roberto, surely? Become a hero in the footballing world and tell Liverpool to get to fuck.

• Upvote 2