aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Guest Gladstone

It says on the BBC Sport website that "Liverpool need to move quickly" - I haven't read the article, but I presume it says Liverpool have to appoint a new manager within 2 days or the world will end. That's great because it means they won't put enough thought into the process and fuck it up. Just swell. Hopefully they give the job to Ally McCoist.

His lack of effort for a start, never looked that bothered. As the club captain you expect a bit more than shrugging your fucking shoulders, tweeting about the gee gees and producing nice brochures. A captain who didn't really do post match interviews or talk to the fans much. A fucking mercenary. I like to see our players actually try.

His attitude at Newcastle was awful. It always seemed like he thought he should be playing for a bigger club because he was the Michael Owen. I didn't actually realise he was captain. That makes it even worse.

I'm basing this on absolutely nothing, but I think his problem is down to his commitment more than just being 'unlucky' with injuries. Perhaps he's just soft and doesn't want to play through the pain. There's plenty of injury-prone players who play through the pain just they can stand up and be counted. Michael Owen doesn't seem to ever want to be that kind of player. He got injured for United last November, and hasn't played since, and the original injury report was a tweaked Thigh muscle. That doesn't really sound like a 6 month injury to me. Injury prone players tend to have recurring problems, which Owen doesn't have. It's a different injury everytime, because he's a right little wendy. Take an asprin and jog it off, you puff.

You should try supporting Aberdeen some time.

You should try supporting Cambridge... having said that last season was a deffo improvement on the previous two...

As for Kenneth of Dalglish, well there is two ways of looking at it. He won a cup albeit a shit one no-one gives much of a toss about and got to the final of another people give a bit more of a shit about. He got them back into the Europe albeit the Europa League that a lot of folk don't give that much of a shit about. On the other hand they were woefully short of the promised land of the champions league and were utterly shit at Anfield for the majority of the season. He got away with a heck of a lot because of who is mind. He had 18 months whereas Woy had just over 6.

So Man Utd releasing Michael Owen, surely worth a punt for mid table Prem League fodder but on a deal based on playing since everytime he sees a blade a grass he seems to get injured. I'm thinking Stoke maybe upfront with Crouch.

Owen made a mistake going to Man Utd, he should have accepted a mid table side who might get in the Europe League where he could play regular football would be better than warming the bench and starting Carling Cup ties at Man U...

that is just arrogance, clubs are going to wary of taking a punt on him given his recent lack of games, prone to injury and age, he might have to take what he's given and shut up... thing is though had he gone to Stoke or someone 2 years ago he may well have been able to force himself back into the England set up but on the other hand he still gets bloody injured all the time!