aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

I am in love with Didier Drogba. There is no better man. He's a bloody machine.

Awesome final except for being shit for most the match. Loads of drama by the end though, that's what it's all about.

Don't get why people have a problem with Terry celebrating with the rest of the team. I know he's a cunt but I don't think people would care if it was someone else. Nobody's moaning about Ivanovic celebrating on the pitch.

Scottish cup final was shit. Fucking cheating wee huns. awful pen decision.

DROGBA DROGBA DROGBA

and lol at spurs

harry you're a proper cunt and you fucked it up this season

fwiw i still think RDM should not get the job permanently

should give it to drog

DROGBA

As far as I'm aware, Keane and Scholes didn't get medals for United winning in 1999.

Keane and Scholes both got winners medals, which they refused to wear.

Terry deserves a medal but what pisses me off was not the being banned part, but the manner in which he was banned: wasn't a yellow or an honest challenge, he physically assaulted some guy, under no pressure, against the supposed best team in the world. His idiocy and violence could easily have cost his team the CL and he celebrates as if he scored the winning goal. None of the other banned players did anything so mental/violent/reckless.

Here's my tuppence.

Bayern were the better team on the pitch last night but were their own worst enemy. Finishing from both Robben and Gomez was woeful (Gomez is a notorious big game bottler and he didn't do anything to persuade anyone otherwise last night. He's still a clinical striker though, just needs to keep the head). If Robben had buried that penalty there was no way Chelsea were coming back.

I know a lot of people have moaned about the switch of Muller for Van Buyten as a catalyst for Chelsea's comeback but i still think it was a good move tactically (although i personally would've taken Kroos off as he looked a bit starstruck last night). Chelsea equalised with a great goal that no-one was at fault for really. Truth of the matter is that Bayern had plenty of opportunities to kill off the tie and didn't capitalise on them unfortunately.

I can handle Chelsea winning the Champions League, it's Spurs losing a place in next years competition as a result that sticks in my throat as the team did a good job this season and deserved a CL place, no questions, whereas Chelsea went down to the luck of a penalty shootout after a very indifferent season.

I really don't like Spurs, but the media have got alot to answer for, for all the pressure and focus they put on Harry Redknapp regarding the England job. Spurs fell apart after that, and it really disturbed the team. It was incredibly unfair. They were playing the best football in the league until then.

I agree that if Chelsea won it, then they should qualify as part of a special dispensation. Then again, if they don't take away the place from the Premier League, they have to take away a place from another league's coefficient, which would be unfair. It's a difficult one.

Fuck football, what a horrible end to the season, City win the League, West Ham win the play offs, Hearts win the Scottish cup, Chelski win the champs league, only thing that could top this off is GB winning the Olympics and England win the Euro's. If that happens im done with football.

• Upvote 1

I wanted West Ham to go back up, purely because of Big Sam, who is just wonderful. My favourite actual quote from him (not from his paraody Twitter) recently was "There is only one Sam Allardyce". It's funny, because his son is called Sam Allardyce. He essentially disowned his child. Great.

I thought you Dandies hated Hibs more than Hearts? Infact, I thought you just hated everyone equally except Rangers?

Will he score goals at the Euros, do you think? Getting involved in a fantasy football thing.

He's got a good scoring record for Germany as well (21 goals in 51 games) but in all honesty they're against pretty poor teams. This tournament is a chance for him to make his mark though as Klose is a touch off pace these days, though still useful as a squad player, so i reckon Gomez will play and get a couple of goals but not bags of goals. Germany tend to score goals from all positions so the pressure will be off to a certain extent.

• Upvote 1

Will he score goals at the Euros, do you think? Getting involved in a fantasy football thing.

He may well be first pick this time around. He's been more of a rotation option in the past due to Klose/Podolski, though Podolski will probably be used as more of a winger I think. His scoring record is brilliant for club and country, but he seems to seriously lack composure infront of goal. For every goal he scores, he squanders about 10 equally good chances. But even then, his scoring record just can't be questioned. Last season it was something silly like 40 goals in 43 games. This season it's not too far off that.

I reckon Germany will win it. Spain will be favourites, but I think the young German players have come a long way in the past two years, especially the ones who played at the World Cup in 2010 who were just breaking through. Ozil, Muller, Gotze. Reus, Kedira, Kroos... Christ. Picking that midfield is going to be a headache. They smashed the qualifiers. They only conceded 7 goals, and won every game.

Guest Gladstone

Did I imagine that Gary Nev has been appointed as assistant manager of England?

If that's the case, England will win the Euros. Quite easily.