aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Even when he lost his pace, he adapted his game. His movement in the box is still excellent. It was that pace that made him so deadly, but he's still a great poacher. He just can't stay fit, so always looks rusty when he plays these days.

Still, he's already got more Premier League medals than Steven Gerrard, so he's sorted.

Even when he lost his pace, he adapted his game. His movement in the box is still excellent. It was that pace that made him so deadly, but he's still a great poacher. He just can't stay fit, so always looks rusty when he plays these days.

Still, he's already got more Premier League medals than Steven Gerrard, so he's sorted.

And the Ballon d'Or...

What's the story with Newcastle fans hating him then? I know he was on a massive wage and I know he was injured a lot of the time, but is that really his fault?

30 goals in 79 appearances is a decent goal return (although I know this was over four years which is pretty ridiculous). One of his injuries came whilst away with England, no?

Guest Gladstone
How, exactly?

Always struck me as a boring bastard but not a bad person or nowt.

He pissed off the Newcastle faithful with stuff like this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/03/michael-owen-newcastle-united-manchester

I'm sure there was more at the time when Newcastle got relegated but can't be arsed looking. I seem to remember him criticising Newcastle for being a bit shite despite him not really helping their cause the year they went down by not exactly scoring many goals - I just read that he cost Newcastle £1.3m per goal or something ridiculous!

I signed Owen in January for my Wigan team first season, first game he scores the equalising goal in the last minute against WBA, second game scores the winning header against Bolton, third game he gets an ankle injury and is out for 5 weeks, great stuff!!

Still a great poacher who could do a job if he could stay fit, he should go to America, they somehow keep Becks going, they could surely drag 20 games a year our of Owen.

Guest Gladstone

Liverpool fans are the funniest creatures.

All these elusions of grandeur are one thing but I actually heard a fan on the news the other night saying Dalglish didn't deserve to be sacked because and I quote "he tried his best".

Brilliant.

King Kenny is immune to criticism from Liverpool fans.

How, exactly?

Always struck me as a boring bastard but not a bad person or nowt.

His lack of effort for a start, never looked that bothered. As the club captain you expect a bit more than shrugging your fucking shoulders, tweeting about the gee gees and producing nice brochures. A captain who didn't really do post match interviews or talk to the fans much. A fucking mercenary. I like to see our players actually try.

• Upvote 1

His lack of effort for a start, never looked that bothered. As the club captain you expect a bit more than shrugging your fucking shoulders, tweeting about the gee gees and producing nice brochures. A captain who didn't really do post match interviews or talk to the fans much. A fucking mercenary. I like to see our players actually try.

You should try supporting Aberdeen some time.

I generally enjoy the experience more than the football. Sitting in the top deck of the RDS where everyone is singing is a great atmosphere, especially at big games. A few seasons ago my mates all moved to "wedge" in the South Stand, which although it has a much better view has absolutely no atmosphere. And it's fucking freezing because there's no roof, and you always get shit on by birds in the floodlight. I went to way less games after we moved seats. :(

Guest Gladstone
I generally enjoy the experience more than the football. Sitting in the top deck of the RDS where everyone is singing is a great atmosphere, especially at big games. A few seasons ago my mates all moved to "wedge" in the South Stand, which although it has a much better view has absolutely no atmosphere. And it's fucking freezing because there's no roof, and you always get shit on by birds in the floodlight. I went to way less games after we moved seats. :(

I do enjoy the atmosphere at matches when it's good natured. Most times I've been in the Richard Donald stand there's been a good atmosphere but there's almost always a nasty undertone lurking in there somewhere and it often works its way out into the shouts of the Aberdeen faithful. I'd rather sit in a stand with no atmosphere whatsoever than listen to the torrents of abuse that come from some football fans these days.

Scotland games are generally good for that and the one time I was in the away end at Pittodrie for a Celtic game it was a magic atmosphere and all good natured.

I recently took my Dad to Pittodrie for his 70th birthday. We opted for the South Stand thinking we'd get to sit down and watch the game (it was against Celtic). Any time I've been in the South Stand in the past 5 or 6 years it's been completely lifeless. Not this time though - it was right next to the Celtic fans and everyone stood up for the whole game. My poor Dad was struggling a bit by the end of the match. The guys standing in front of us were, for want of a better phrase, bell ends. The "banter" coming from the Celtic end was mostly quite funny and aimed at Rangers' recent plight, but the guys in front of us were very angry young men. I could almost taste the hatred...

Again - I would much rather have been sat in a quiet spot of the ground than listen to these hate-filled little cunts spouting about how they were going to give the Celtic fans a kicking after the game. Aye, sure you are, you little shit. You need to be home before tea time or you'll get a skelped arse from your mum.

I do enjoy the atmosphere at matches when it's good natured. Most times I've been in the Richard Donald stand there's been a good atmosphere but there's almost always a nasty undertone lurking in there somewhere and it often works its way out into the shouts of the Aberdeen faithful. I'd rather sit in a stand with no atmosphere whatsoever than listen to the torrents of abuse that come from some football fans these days.

Scotland games are generally good for that and the one time I was in the away end at Pittodrie for a Celtic game it was a magic atmosphere and all good natured.

I recently took my Dad to Pittodrie for his 70th birthday. We opted for the South Stand thinking we'd get to sit down and watch the game (it was against Celtic). Any time I've been in the South Stand in the past 5 or 6 years it's been completely lifeless. Not this time though - it was right next to the Celtic fans and everyone stood up for the whole game. My poor Dad was struggling a bit by the end of the match. The guys standing in front of us were, for want of a better phrase, bell ends. The "banter" coming from the Celtic end was mostly quite funny and aimed at Rangers' recent plight, but the guys in front of us were very angry young men. I could almost taste the hatred...

Again - I would much rather have been sat in a quiet spot of the ground than listen to these hate-filled little cunts spouting about how they were going to give the Celtic fans a kicking after the game. Aye, sure you are, you little shit. You need to be home before tea time or you'll get a skelped arse from your mum.

I'll get a skelped arse from YOUR mum.

• Upvote 1