aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Guest Gladstone

Really - what is the fucking point?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16137728.stm

That is never, ever going to stop morons chanting their shite at football matches.

If found guilty of chanting offensive/sectarian songs, they should have points docked / get booted out / get banned. £12k is less than some Celtic players get paid in a week. The only way this crap will get eradicated from football is if the authorities really clamp down on it - £12k is just a token gesture.

I'm not fully convinced that coming back as a player is the best idea, but I fucking love this man:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16152580.stm

I am convinced that at the very least having him about the club recovering and eventually training will be a great influence.

This is pretty much how I feel about it.

Incidentally I think Anderson is the best example of why fans shouldn't get too worked up about patchy form of young players. I remember when he first came into the team and he looked OK but was played out of position then had a year out due to a leg break. Some people thought he wasn't good enough and should be ditched. Then he turned out to be our best centre back since Willie Miller.

I want to fast forward my life three months and wake up with a fit again Anderson commanding the Dons defence and scoring headers against the Huns. Fuck Christmas AND my birthday. Can we not cancel Yoann Folly's contract my mutual agreement? Not that I don't like the guy but he's been picking up a wage for a whole year whilst out. Crock for crock. Do it.

PS

What's Yoann Folly's favourite snack?

Une croque-monsieur.

David Winnie, what a talent. Absolute legend. Was he not Icelandic player of the year once he left the Dons.

Speaks volumes.

I recall in one match at Pittodrie, possibly circa 1992, Winnie controlled a long punt by Paddy Bonner by taking it on the first bounce by flicking the ball with his left foot as it hit the ground, and directing it behind his right leg, before shifting his body to the side and running on the the ball with his right foot. I was stunned. Aside from Eoin Jess taunting Gazza with keepy-uppies in the Scottish Cup semi-final at Hampden, it is perhaps one of my favourite all time Aberdeen FC moments of skill.

Yes but did you like my Folly joke about his favourite snack? I made it up myself. I'll like this if you like it. Like for like.

I would have preferred something along the lines of, "it's an act of sheer folly to continue paying his wages if we have a chance to get rid". Not bad though. I do like a croque monsieur.

I recall in one match at Pittodrie, possibly circa 1992, Winnie controlled a long punt by Paddy Bonner by taking it on the first bounce by flicking the ball with his left foot as it hit the ground, and directing it behind his right leg, before shifting his body to the side and running on the the ball with his right foot. I was stunned. Aside from Eoin Jess taunting Gazza with keepy-uppies in the Scottish Cup semi-final at Hampden, it is perhaps one of my favourite all time Aberdeen FC moments of skill.

I remember a game against Dunfermline I think around the same time when he went on an amazing jinky run from his own penalty box and almost scored.

Would have been the highlight of football ever had it gone in.

Sad thing is, he would walk into our team these days.

Bad news for Darren Fletcher. He's a good egg, and his completely meaningless goal against City this season is still one of the best of the season so far. He's a good player, but hasn't been the same since he was out with the virus initially. He came back and didn't look quite the same. Hope he does actually come back, and isn't forced to retire or step down a level.

Guest Gladstone

It only serves to make you like the good guys even more. Fletcher will either come back stronger than before because he's a model professional or he'll be totally humble in stepping down a level or into coaching with absolutely no bitterness whatsoever. Obviously, I hope it's the former because he's the best midfielder we've (Scotland) had for years.

So, what you're saying is Luis Suarez could really use a good bout of a stomach virus?

You're a nasty bastard.

I agree though.

Yes. That is what I am saying, and that is what I am.

I'm only a nasty bastard because I'm trying to emulate my footballing role model, Luis Suarez.