aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Im sorry to say it again, but Considine is rubbish, every game i watch him play he makes constant mistakes and stupid challenges, i know you guys rate him and say he is out most consistent performer this year, but he is a horse. His red card last night was crazy, a pointless, reckless challenge in an area it didnt need to be made in, he does this year in year out. Hopefully they sign Anderson and play him along side Meweme or Mcardle at centre backs. Considine has been there through every disaster in the last 5 years, when you watch him its no surprise.

Mawene is decent enough in the air, but that's about it. His positioning is dodgy, his passing is worse, he's not the quickest and teams are putting through-balls past him and Considine for fun...oh, and he doesn't clear his lines well. Also has a very annoying habit of heading balls that are below waist-height instead of putting his boot through them. Still better than Considine though.

Swapping Ozzy and Jack was one of the only things that worked well last night. Defensively we were an utter shambles again. Big fan of Jack though....he's a good lad.

First, let me say how delighted I am with a good away win :) That's bigger news than any advances in nailing down the Higgs Boson!

Frustrations I had were the two late counter attacks that we managed to totally fuck up and the fact that being 2-0 up in injury time we still allowed for nervy moments to see out the win. When you're three on one running in on goal the least you should expect is for someone to be in a position with the ball to take a shot!

Ozzie did well at RB but was posted missing a few times late in the first half. Competent but I don't think he's the answer at that position. Mawene puts in some great blocks, is decent in the air and is ok with the ball at his feet but he's pretty slow and prone to error. I still think him and Consi are the obvious pairing in the current squad despite their combined max MPH still being slower than Ricky Foster at a canter. I think a league table of the slowest players in the SPL would go Fallon, Mawene, Considine, Paddy McCourt although the latter can skin whole teams at 1MPH. I have more to say but I have to go back to work...

Bottom line is although we weren't nearly as good as we should be last night, when you're bottom of the league and only you and East Stirlingshire have yet to record an away win in Scotland this season, I will take a scraped 2-1 victory against a team largely performing well this season and fourth in the league all day long. Especially given the weather conditions.

• Upvote 1

Damn straight. That was one of only a small number of dons games I've seen this season and while we were mince in certain areas and out ability to rake the ball out of the box is poor (when did we get shite at that?! that's what Scottish football used to be all about!) we got the win in crappy conditions and a couple of those can make a MASSIVE difference to league position. Jack is a shining beacon of hope too!

Guest Gladstone

What the fuck did Fulham do last night? I watched most of the first half and it looked as if they were playing against a bunch of part-timers and totally schooling them. It was 2-0 going on about 10 when I went and did something else. Flick back onto channel 5 at about 10pm and they're telling me that Fulham have been knocked out.