aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

United don't have the funds to buy anyone now. Total bottling cunts. Where the fuck are Teddy and Ole when you need them?

I don't know where Teddy and Ole were, but Keano was on the sidelines slagging the team and the manager off. Lad.

United recorded pretty hefty profits, and David Gill still seems to insist that the Ronaldo money has been left untouched "for the right purchase" so I imagine there are funds. United aren't as skint as the red tops make out. The debt is atronomical, but United generate so much money through the Glazers being ultimo wheeler-dealers that it is being managed and chipped away at. United wouldn't be richer without them, as without them they wouldn't have made obscene amounts of money with the AIG/AON/DHL sponsorshops which the Glazers were responsible for. There's money, but Ferguson seems a bit too scared to spend it, the big puff.

Rooney missing from 2 yards out with an open net summed up everything. Welbeck was ace when he came on, even though I think he's shit. When did he become a ball-holding-up powerhouse? He used to look like sack of sticks. Now he's practically Hulking out of his shirt.

Europa League is winnable. last time United were in it, they went out to Rotor Voldograd in 1995. Schmeichel scored with his striker's instincts. Proper poachers goal.

Blick described how the players were out joining the party too: "The two scorers, Alex Frei and Marco Streller, celebrated with the fans. They were in an exuberant and relaxed mood after the sensational victory over the great Manchester United … Even at 2.30am, the Basel players were willing to take pictures with fans."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/08/champions-league-press-review-basel

I love that.

Results like this are what make football so bloody brilliant.

I don't know where Teddy and Ole were, but Keano was on the sidelines slagging the team and the manager off. Lad.

United recorded pretty hefty profits, and David Gill still seems to insist that the Ronaldo money has been left untouched "for the right purchase" so I imagine there are funds. United aren't as skint as the red tops make out. The debt is atronomical, but United generate so much money through the Glazers being ultimo wheeler-dealers that it is being managed and chipped away at. United wouldn't be richer without them, as without them they wouldn't have made obscene amounts of money with the AIG/AON/DHL sponsorshops which the Glazers were responsible for. There's money, but Ferguson seems a bit too scared to spend it, the big puff.

Rooney missing from 2 yards out with an open net summed up everything. Welbeck was ace when he came on, even though I think he's shit. When did he become a ball-holding-up powerhouse? He used to look like sack of sticks. Now he's practically Hulking out of his shirt.

Europa League is winnable. last time United were in it, they went out to Rotor Voldograd in 1995. Schmeichel scored with his striker's instincts. Proper poachers goal.

Yeah, there are definitely funds, but the Glazers definitely won't use them. They've taken an unreal amount of money from that club and I'd almost feel sorry for United fans if Mike Ashley weren't around. The Glazers are fucking rubbish.

Too many square pegs in round holes at Old Trafford just now, imo. Smalling is okay at RB but is a better CB, same with Jones in midfield. The back four looks wobbly without Vidic and Rio has severely declined. Evans? Bobbins. Vidic needs to be fit and playing alongside one of Jones and Smalling, one of the Pube Twins needs to be at RB and Evra needs to sort himself out. De Gea is a great 'keeper and will start showing it once he gets used to being battered by Neanderthal Premier League strikers like Andy Carroll.

In the middle, Fletcher hasn't found form since returning. Anderson has looked good this season but still has a few duff games every now and then. Park, for all his qualities, is not a player you want to have to rely on in big European games. Ashley Young, decent player, but why didn't Fergie sign a central playmaker instead?

Big Murrr Manager.

Even as a United follower, I don't back the Anti-Glazer campaign. I think the effect of the debt is overstated quite alarmingly. All the focus is on the debt, and there's little mention of how United's turnover has been multiplied phenomenally since they took over. The AIG sponsorship was the most lucrative shirt sponsorship at the time, and that was then gazumped by the AON sponsorship a few years later which the Glazers instigated (thought they were then both trounced by Barca's Qatari Foundation deal this season). Then they went and got a separate sponsorship for the training kit, which brings in more money than most Premier League matchday shirt deals. Silly money.

The Glazers borrowed to buy the club, but they know how to do business and make money. Things looked grim a few years ago, but once their business started to take effect, the red turned to black and after all the interest is paid and the Glazers take their cut, United still record astronomical profit. The debt is down by a substantial figure too when the MUST Anti Glazer campaign predicted it would spiral out of control. It hasn't, and they have rightfully kept quiet since.

The Glazers are only ever potested against when things are going badly, and United fans clutch at straws on who to blame. They can't blame Fergie because he is god himself, so blame the owners and their debt. The protest was suspiciously quiet last season since United won the league and reached the final of the CL, but it appears to be rearing it's head again now that United have lost 2 games in two different cups, despite spending £50million on good young players.

United seemed set with Anderson and Cleverley to run the midfield, and for the first few games of the season it was terrific. They got injured and the team fell apart. That is unfortunate, but can't be predicted, but hopefully it will act as proof that there needs to be more depth in the current options. Carrick has played quite well this season actually, but the rest have been toilet.

Kenny Dalglish questions Wayne Rooney's Euro 2012 ban appeal

Kenny Dalglish has said the Football Association did not set a good example by appealing against Wayne Rooney's three-match Euro 2012 ban.

The Liverpool boss said: "I find it a bit strange the FA are supposed to be setting an example for things yet they appeal against Wayne Rooney's ban."

Rooney's ban, imposed after being sent off against Montenegro, has been reduced to two games by Uefa.

He is now free to play against the Ukraine on 19 June.

However, the 26-year-old will still miss the Group D fixtures against France and Sweden.

It was a victory of sorts for the FA's delegation, who travelled to Nyon in Switzerland to present Rooney's case, but Dalglish is unhappy at the FA's treatment of his striker Luis Suarez.

Suarez is facing a racism charge dating from October and has also been charged with misconduct after allegedly making an obscene gesture to fans following the Reds' 1-0 defeat at Fulham on Monday.

Dalglish is unhappy that no date has been set for the Uruguayan international to answer the racism charge.

"The fact it has taken nine weeks to get a decision on one of the other charges is a bit of a joke as well," the Scot told a press conference.

"I don't think that has helped as well. The circus which is around about him has been caused mainly by that."

A screen was lowered at the Liverpool press conference on which the club played what they said was a series of unpunished infringements against Suarez during the Fulham game.

Dalglish has already indicated he thought referee Kevin Friend did not give his team the benefit of 50-50 decisions during Monday's match.

He said he fully supported 24-year-old Suarez: "The people at Liverpool and anyone who has any leaning to the club - be it staff, players, supporters - they will stand by him and they know what the truth is.

"If anyone wants to see the truth from the other night it is on the screen."

Suarez faces the charge after allegedly using racist language during an on-field clash with Manchester United's Patrice Evra on 15 October.

Dalglish contrasted the situation with the FA's appeal to Uefa over Rooney's ban, imposed after a red card for kicking Miodrag Dzudovic during England's 2-2 draw in Montenegro in October.

"I don't think it's a good example to set," he concluded.

Responding to Dalglish's comments, the FA's director of communications Adrian Bevington tweeted that it was "important to clarify Uefa has completely different set of disciplinary regulations to the FA".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16086553.stm

Kenny is so ridiculous at the moment.

He has a genuinely punchable face, but you'll wanna catch him around the arch of his eye, and as far away from those epic gnashers as possible. Look at the size of those things. He could chomp a hole through a door.

He could do with getting Van Bommeled, and then even though he'd be laid on the ground howling with two broken legs, his reputation would score him a booking for diving. It would be glorious.

That handball in the World Cup, followed by his ecstatic celebrations when Uruguay went through was simply a loud and clear "Hello world. I am a cunt"

Lots of rumours going around about Lyon's massive win over Zagreb. Dunno if any of you saw the highlights, but from the third goal onwards it is genuinely embarrassing to watch. The 3rd goal especially, where the keeper barely moves and defenders are falling over.

knipoog_932382e.jpg

A wink and a thumbs up, on live TV. U MAD?

ibvus5.jpg

Here he is earlier in the day allegedly putting on a bet against his own team. But that's all speculation.

Here is the 3rd goal. It is just really really bad defending. Worse than Jonny Evans and Gary Caldwell combined, so it must be a fix, surely?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN7v3JPQbl4

I hope it's all true because I love a good football scandal. They really need to put a "Import Scandal" feature into Football Manager. You used to be able to do match fixing on Ultimate Soccer Manager. It was great.

I don't know if this has got anything to do with the fact he was playing in a game HE KNEW WAS FIXED but that boy Gomis had almost zero reaction to any goals he scored. Honestly like he couldn't care less, even when he was coming back from 1-0 down and he scored the fastest hat trick in CL history.

At least the Jan transfer window is only a few weeks away. They have to buy a commanding centre half or else they could well struggle to make Champions League next season.

However with the Christmas fixture list congestion that must be 4/5 games before transfer window opens? Could be a very tough time. Misfiring attack, midfield incapable of dominating possession leaving them more vulnerable to attack and a defence with no experienced in form centre back (excludes Rio and Evans!) and a very out of form left back.