aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

What annoys me is the media is fairly supportive of Dalglish. Using reasons like they won the Carling cup? So what they won the cup that the other teams play the reserves and kids in. Where as KKK was playing his first 11 in most of the matches. an FA cup semi final means nothing if they dont at least get to the final.

He keeps walking out of interviews as well when he gets asked a question about their form? Why is that unreasonable Kenny? You've lost like 7 out of 8 including losing to Wigan at home.

If it was any of the other top team managers the media would be baying for his head like Arsene's at the start of the season and AVB as well.

good post Captain and I agree, the recent form of Liverpool is beyond pathetic yet no-one seems to be calling for his head, actually its embarrassing watching them lose game after game and then the dour Scot mumbles out a plethora of usual ridiculous excuses. With the money he's spent they should be at least pushing top four not hurtling towards mid table.

Ok they won the Carling Cup but they had a pretty easy passage to the final bar the semi against City where they did play very well but even in the final they were taken all the way by a championship side yet he seems to get away with it because of things achieved over 20 years ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2123328/Titles-won-head-stage-season-Gary-Neville.html

Really interesting article from Gary Neville about the importance of mental strength at this stage of the season. The bit where he rips into his own deflation of mental strength around the turn of the century is quite fascinating. Very honest and candid. Gary Neville has been excellent since he stopped being a gobshite and started being more eloquent and analytical. A really enthralling read.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2123328/Titles-won-head-stage-season-Gary-Neville.html

Really interesting article from Gary Neville about the importance of mental strength at this stage of the season. The bit where he rips into his own deflation of mental strength around the turn of the century is quite fascinating. Very honest and candid. Gary Neville has been excellent since he stopped being a gobshite and started being more eloquent and analytical. A really enthralling read.

He's really not the guy I thought he was... Very interesting article.

YAAAAAAAAASS have some of that, Racist FC. Fuck you King Kenny you whiny shit-at-being-a-manager wanker. Fuck you Suarez you racist little rat prick. Fuck you Andy Carroll you inexplicably-diving, greasy-haired, open-goal-missing, BIG SHITTY BASTARD. Hahahaha fuck you all, arseholes. Up the Toon.

• Upvote 5

thing is though Fergie has injected the winning the title mentally into Man Utd and that sure is going a long way to helping them over the line, Mancini was spouting how Utd will falter but the way things are going he is gonna end up with loads of egg on his face. City's results recently have simply not been good enough. With the money they have and have spent they should be walking the league!

Once Fergie either dies or retires I do reckon Man Utd will be in a bit of pickle mind....

Anyone watch the Juve/Napoli game? Juve were immense. They press so high, its practically suicidal. Napoli couldn't get into their final third without being hounded. Juve applied tons of pressure but didn't create many clear cut chances. They were totally clinical though, as the ones they did create, they put away. Vidal's goal was just wonderful. Really hope they win the title. They still haven't lost a game yet, which is incredible. Racked up too many draws though.

Anyone watch the Juve/Napoli game? Juve were immense. They press so high, its practically suicidal. Napoli couldn't get into their final third without being hounded. Juve applied tons of pressure but didn't create many clear cut chances. They were totally clinical though, as the ones they did create, they put away. Vidal's goal was just wonderful. Really hope they win the title. They still haven't lost a game yet, which is incredible. Racked up too many draws though.

Conte's Juve are ace. They'd be one of the best teams in Europe if they had a couple of decent wide players and some more creativity in the final third.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SHITTY LIVERPOOL. This is so ace. I'm honestly ecstatic. Kenny Dalglish's reappointment is one of the best things to ever happen to us: £41m in the bank and 11 points clear in the league. BOOOOOOOOOOOOF.

liverpool-fan-crying.jpg?w=630

What's that, Timmy? Oh aye, your manager is a wank, your team are all wanks, your club is wank, your shitty elastic-bottomed trousers are wank and your BIG CRYING STUPID FACE IS WANK. HAHAHAHA.

enrique_1972902c.jpg

“The club are allowing all the major players in the team to go,” he said. “The club will never again fight among the top six with this policy.”

LOL what was that mate?!

• Upvote 3

The Irish football season is a few weeks old now. I live two minutes walk from the stunning 4300-seat Dalymount Park, home of Bohemians, aka The "Bohs". My girlfriend's family are all Bohs, so I've had to adopt them as my Irish team. Bohs have got off to a rough start, bottom of the league with 1 point from 5 games, and got cuffed 2-0 by fierce rivals Shamrock Rovers in the Dublin derby at the weekend. I'm going along this weekend to pop my League Of Ireland cherry and watch Bohemians v Cork City.

Go Bohs!

5682023344_d2e875d3ff.jpg

My glorious Perth knocked three past Melbourne Heart yesterday, all scored by the same player, fucking yes. Going to watch us pump seven shades of shite out of Wellington Phoenix next week with any luck!

Do the 'Glory still play at the cricket ground?

Not been along for a few years. It's strange sitting in shorts and t-shirt and drinking beer at the footy.

Still not a patch on Pittodrie mind you.

Do the 'Glory still play at the cricket ground?

Not been along for a few years. It's strange sitting in shorts and t-shirt and drinking beer at the footy.

Still not a patch on Pittodrie mind you.

They play at the nib Stadium (sponsored by an insurance company) as opposed to our cricket ground (the WACA).

And aye, it's really strange to watch football in the heat. I still prefer the atmosphere at a Dons game like.

...as opposed to our cricket ground (the WACA).

You're a good soldier

Choosing your battles

Pick yourself up

And dust yourself off

And back in the saddle

You're on the frontline

Everyone's watching

You know it's serious

We're getting closer

This isnt over

The pressure is on

You feel it

But you've got it all

Believe it

When you fall get up

Oh oh...

And if you fall get up

Oh oh...

Tsamina mina

Zangalewa

Cuz this is Africa

Tsamina mina eh eh

WACA WACA eh eh

Tsamina mina zangalewa

Anawa aa

This time for Africa

Listen to your god

This is our motto

Your time to shine

Dont wait in line

Y vamos por Todo

People are raising

Their Expectations

Go on and feed them

This is your moment

No hesitations

Today's your day

I feel it

You paved the way

Believe it

If you get down

Get up Oh oh...

When you get down

Get up eh eh...

Tsamina mina zangalewa

Anawa aa

This time for Africa

Tsamina mina eh eh

WACA WACA eh eh

Tsamina mina zangalewa

Anawa aa

Tsamina mina eh eh

WACA WACA eh eh

Tsamina mina zangalewa

This time for Africa

• Upvote 1

They play at the nib Stadium (sponsored by an insurance company) as opposed to our cricket ground (the WACA).

And aye, it's really strange to watch football in the heat. I still prefer the atmosphere at a Dons game like.

Ah, different place to the last time I was over then! Where is the nib Stadium?

Sadly there has been no atmosphere at Dons games for about 3 seasons now.... heartbreaking. :(

It's a shame Newcastle didn't really have an attack to speak about since he went in goal. They should have been taking shots from the halfway line, or anywhere!

Conte's Juve are ace. They'd be one of the best teams in Europe if they had a couple of decent wide players and some more creativity in the final third.

They've got one in Milos Krasic, but it seems like Conte just flat out doesn't like him. Great winger, who can drift inwards and create. Can score a few goals too. Hasn't really had a chance this season though. Shame.