aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Guest Gladstone

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16091669.stm

This is an impressive rant from Super Ally. It's as deluded as Dalglish's latest defence of Suarez. "What they are doing is effectively calling my player a cheat". No shit. That's because he took as clear a dive as I've seen in football for quite some time. The remarkable thing about the whole incident is that the referee thought it was a penalty in the first place.

Evans is so pish and Rio has gone to absolute shit of late.

But who do they buy? Buying in January, they'll probably look to current Premier League centre halves to save the 'settling in' period that a lot of bloody foreigners take when they go to England.

Chris Samba? Gary Cahill? Phil Jagielka?

Doubt they'll buy a centre back just because Vidic is out. They didn't two seasons ago when ALL THE DEFENDERS were injured. They just played Carrick and Fletcher at centre back, and that essentially cost them the title to Chelsea. I think Rio, Evans, Smalling and Jones will be a reasonable enough cover. Evans started the season well, but then went to shit again. Rio is very good when playing alongside Vidic. I don't know if that's a compliment anymore as even Evans has looked good alongside Vidic. I think it's just the effect Vidic has. Jones and Smalling are both excellent centre backs, but it's the injuries elsewhere which they will cover due to their versatility. Right back and central midfield mostly. When everyone is fit, United have 5 centre backs, which is more than enough. If they buy a midfielder who is GOOD and a rightback who isn't made of glass like Jedward Da Silva, Jones and Smalling won't have to deputise in unfavoured positions, nor will Rooney have to play in midfield.

I reckon it's that simple. Clean sheets and goals. Gregory Van Der Wiel and Mario Gotze. Easy. That'd be the league won. No more square pegs in round holes.

Van Der Wiel has been AWESOME for me in Football Manager. Highly recommended. Cost me £12.25m.

Rumour over Twitter that bids for Gary Cahill have already been made by Chelsea and Spurs, and United are about to enter the 'auction' too. Player to decide where he wants to go. This is the same Twitter that christened the windy day yesterday as #HurricaneBawbag though, the single most annoying phrase of 2011.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16091669.stm

This is an impressive rant from Super Ally. It's as deluded as Dalglish's latest defence of Suarez. "What they are doing is effectively calling my player a cheat". No shit. That's because he took as clear a dive as I've seen in football for quite some time. The remarkable thing about the whole incident is that the referee thought it was a penalty in the first place.

That biled my pish something awful. What a dick. There seems to be an argument as to whether or not he was touched, even if ever so slightly. Surely the panel was there to decide whether it was simulation, not whether he was touched. There may have been minimal sock on sock contact but nobody in their right mind can look at that incident and say that Aluko didn't intentionally fall down to simulate that he had been tripped to win a penalty. It was an awful dive. One week in a hun jersey and he's a cheating bastard already. Cunt team.

David Dunn - although not completely shit in in real life - was turning out 8+ ratings week in, week out for my Blackburn team in FM2011. He scored around 20 goals in the first season and was the highest rated player in the league. :cool:

David Dunn is the talisman of Waltz and I's LMA Manager 2007 season. Play him in the whole just behind our three strikers, great player. Chipped in with nine goals as well for our Leeds team. Got him tied down on a six year contract as well.

David Dunn is the talisman of Waltz and I's LMA Manager 2007 season. Play him in the whole just behind our three strikers, great player. Chipped in with nine goals as well for our Leeds team. Got him tied down on a six year contract as well.

David Dunn was a bloody wizard until Souness ruined him. He was a very promising creative midfielder at one point but Souness coached that right out of him. The primitive managers' infatuations with "toughening players up" is horrendous. Poor David Dunn: he could've been a great player, but he'll probably be remembered as a fat bloke who once fell-over while attempting some skill.

Well, that was shocking today. We got 2-0 up and then sat back and effectively shat ourselves. Referee was laughably bad but it was us who lost the game. The Keeper was shite, totally to blame for their equaliser. He was crap last time he played too, was at fault for two goals then and then lost us the game today. Arsehole. Can't believe he is a pro footballer. Jack, Vernon, Milsom and possibly Mawene the only redeeming players. Even Kari had a below par performance!

Been a season ticket holder 11 out of the last 13 years but I'm done now. Fuck this. Bunch of wankers.

We got 2-0 up and then sat back and effectively shat ourselves. Referee was laughably bad but it was us who lost the game.

Pretty much sums it up. Unfortunatley we're a team woefully short on confidence and our lack of pace hurts us as the midfield can't get forward quickly enough to support the front men. The biggest problem today was how much we were sitting off the opposition as at 2-0 we could have closed the game out easily by getting to the ball carrier quicker and fighting for the 2nd ball. St Mirren pass it around well enough but weren't really causing any trouble at the back until we invited them to come at us. Interested to see the penalty shouts again as the first looked a stonewaller and the second looked a good shout as Fallon was about to shoot.

And Jason Brown should be executed in front of his family for letting that free kick in.

I still think we have the players to turn it around though. There needs to be changes in the midfield to bring a bit more pace in but the likes of Pawlett and Clark need to raise their games if they get the chance in the starting 11. Big week coming up now for the Dons.

Don't think our problem is anything to do with lack of pace. Jack, Foster, Milsom, Fyvie are all plenty quick enough down the wings. We looked like a pacey side when we were 2-0 up.

The main issue for me is that we can't clear our lines.....we're just absolutely shite at clearing the ball. Particularly the centre-backs. If you're only clearing the ball 25 or 30yds from your own bye-line, the midfield are always going to get sucked into deep positions, and you end up with your backs to the wall the whole time. Loads of examples of that yesterday.

We're also very poor at penalty-box defending, the shot that Steven Thompson almost scored with near the end summed it up for me.....2 Dons defenders all over him, he had no control of the ball, and then the next thing he's goal-side shooting 6yds from goal. It's just awful. It's the standard of goals that we're conceding that is killing us right now......we're architects of our own downfall in almost every game, and it's got nothing to do with the midfield.

Oh, and keepers......Jason Brown is not good enough. Gonzales is not good enough. On current evidence, we just packed our best keeper off to Forfar.

Sort out the defence, and we stay up....don't, we go down. Simple as that for me.