aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Actually, I have rarely found fault with Darren Mackie if I am truthful. I've always appreciated his resilience; sheer workrate; and the fact that he fucking binned Joos Valgaeren for ninety minutes at Pittodrie in 2001, in one of my most memorable ever Aberdeen games at Pittodrie. Fuck you, Joos. Fuck you, Celtic. Sure, Mackie's second or third touches are usually tackles, but at least he fucking genuinely tries. I also really enjoyed his fine headed goal away to Dnipro a few years back; I think I spat my beer all over the screen in amazement when he bulleted that header in. It was beautiful.

Josh Magennis, however, probably shouldn't be a professional footballer. He's big and strong, but he can't head the ball for fucking toffee. From what I've witnessed, he's not especially outstanding at kicking the ball either. Not ideal for a professional footballer.

Magennis' workrate is pretty good to and he is a real physical presence. A lot to learn but he's relatively young and I can see him coming good. He set up the first on Saturday with some good play and generally had a good game.

I see it goes to ET and pens tonight which I like. Saves fucking about with replays in the diddy-unless-you-win-it cup. I'm looking forward to going down to Pittodrie tonight. :up:

Magennis' workrate is pretty good to and he is a real physical presence. A lot to learn but he's relatively young and I can see him coming good. He set up the first on Saturday with some good play and generally had a good game.

I see it goes to ET and pens tonight which I like. Saves fucking about with replays in the diddy-unless-you-win-it cup. I'm looking forward to going down to Pittodrie tonight. :up:

I'm allowed an unreasoned hatred towards footballers, damn you!

I hate Josh Magennis as much as Soda Jerk hates John O'Shea.

Actually, I have rarely found fault with Darren Mackie if I am truthful. I've always appreciated his resilience; sheer workrate; and the fact that he fucking binned Joos Valgaeren for ninety minutes at Pittodrie in 2001, in one of my most memorable ever Aberdeen games at Pittodrie. Fuck you, Joos. Fuck you, Celtic. Sure, Mackie's second or third touches are usually tackles, but at least he fucking genuinely tries. I also really enjoyed his fine headed goal away to Dnipro a few years back; I think I spat my beer all over the screen in amazement when he bulleted that header in. It was beautiful.

The Lion Cub. :love:

That's Nasri off for up to 25million. Apparantly getting 200k a week wages.

Mental for a player that's had 1 good season then an ok one and a great 6 months last year. Crazy money.

Quite a good deal for Arsenal considering he is out of contract this season but not great selling to a team in the same league.

Desperate need for re enforcements now though. Ideally a defender, DM, AM and a striker. I reckon they'll get a defender and 1 midfielder though and that's it. Balls.

Arsenal are crumbling. I can see more players jumping ship in the next 12 months.

City have a massive squad of players who will be looking to start every game. It's interesting to see how Mancini will balance that.

Chelsea look a little soft in midfield, but have got plenty of quality up top.

United look soft in the middle too, but Cleverley and Anderson is working well so far. Can't see Carrick getting back into the squad, as he just doesn't play with the same sort of pace and urgency. Hopefully Ravel Morrison will stop smacking up his girlfriend and throwing her iphones under the tram and getting tagged so he can play for the first team. He is just stupid good. He'll more than likely be in prison before Christmas comes around though, because he's a clueless fucking bellend. Shame.

Liverpool are gay and will get relegated.

That's my impartial Premier League round up.

He was good against West Brom n'all. He was always good up until the first leg against AC Milan when Sky Sports showed a replay of Ferguson on the touchline pointing at Evans and yelling "Waken up you fucking *something* cunt" in slow motion. Couldn't make out what the *something* was. Either way, he fell apart after that.

I'm also including roundhouse kicking Drogba in the chest as part of Evans' good form, which resulted in Drogba having a spasm on the floor, looking like a fish out of water. Quality.

I'd never heard of them either. Eto'o has still got it in him to play at the top level for another 3 or 4 years I reckon, but this is bad move for him, from a football perspective. Also, from a personal point of view, if he thought racism in Spain and Italy was bad, he's not seen anything yet. Then again, he will have enough money to live inside the nucleus of some sort of Optimus Prime incarnation, where he can stamp on the nazi fascists with his personally controlled super robot.

SAM SMASH!

• Upvote 1

I'd never heard of them either. Eto'o has still got it in him to play at the top level for another 3 or 4 years I reckon, but this is bad move for him, from a football perspective. Also, from a personal point of view, if he thought racism in Spain and Italy was bad, he's not seen anything yet. Then again, he will have enough money to live inside the nucleus of some sort of Optimus Prime incarnation, where he can stamp on the nazi fascists with his personally controlled super robot.

SAM SMASH!

It's the same team that Bobby Carlos plays for. He recently stormed off after a Banana was thrown in his direction.

It's the same team that Bobby Carlos plays for. He recently stormed off after a Banana was thrown in his direction.

My colleagues brother lives and works in the Ukraine (he's Nigerian), he had to give up buying bananas because everytime he did the people in the shop made monkey noises at him, even the people working the tills. Like, people here act like racist tits sometimes, but at least when they're doing so they know that it's wrong and they shouldn't be doing, seemingly the "racism = bad" message hasn't quite made it to the Ukraine yet. I imagine living there to be like being in an episode of Love Thy Neighbour.

Mind you, I'm talking as though that kind of behaviour is dark ages stuff here, racism was rampant in football here until the 80s, which really isn't all that long ago.

PSG? Nah.

Personally, I don't feel Arsene Wenger is "cautious" in the transfer market; he's underlined publically on many occassions that he only signs players that are available at the right price and, crucially, improve the team. For a club like Arsenal, not many of these players are actually available. Those players that would immediately improve the team are just out of reach in terms of availability or actual price. See Phil Jagielka (twenty fucking million? Aye, okay Moyes, whatever).

As a result, Wenger implements a policy whereby his scouting team are deployed to look for young players with potential, with a more realistic market value, and then works on them to play with the Arsenal mentality. Personally, I think Arsenal are excellent at executing this approach and the number of world class footballers to come through and make their name at Arsenal speaks for itself, in my estimation.

I don't think Wenger would be interested in the PSG job. That club is too much of a circus.

When using "cautious" todescribe Wengers transfer policy i was meaning in a positive sense. Only signing a player that is at the right price and would improve the team is surely a cautious approach comparitively to the likes of lets say Leeds. I too don't believe Wenger would go to PSG. I also know that the English FA are courting English managers at present for next year. However stranger things have happened.

Talking of bananas the Dons got past a potential banana skin this evening. We were all over Dundee in the first twenty minutes with some incisive attacking play. A well taken goal from the Dazzler. Pawlett put in a deep cross from the left, Clark headed it back across goal and Mackie controlled it with his back to goal and swivelled round to crack it past Rab Douglas. After that there was a lot of flat passages of play but we were deserved winners. Chalali came on for Clark and looks like he could be a good signing. Pretty direct and skillful if a bit lightweight. He had a great chance to score having robbed their centre back but he tried a little trick and got the ball stuck between his feet. Jason Brown had one or two decent saves and looks pretty composed.

Two wins in a row can't be scoffed at :up:

Bring on the Huns.

My colleagues brother lives and works in the Ukraine (he's Nigerian), he had to give up buying bananas because everytime he did the people in the shop made monkey noises at him, even the people working the tills. Like, people here act like racist tits sometimes, but at least when they're doing so they know that it's wrong and they shouldn't be doing, seemingly the "racism = bad" message hasn't quite made it to the Ukraine yet. I imagine living there to be like being in an episode of Love Thy Neighbour.

Mind you, I'm talking as though that kind of behaviour is dark ages stuff here, racism was rampant in football here until the 80s, which really isn't all that long ago.

It's always fun getting the translations of what my wife's gran is saying while watching football, especially when black players are on the field (to be fair it's at anything with black people in it).

It was also a bit odd being in Ukraine as you really don't see many black people, think i saw two the whole 2 weeks I was there, only saw a couple of Asian tourists as well, god knows what's going to happen with Euro 2012 there.

On a side note Vitali Klitschko wants to run for mayor of Kiev on a bill of getting rid of all the coruption in Ukrainian politics.

Talking of bananas the Dons got past a potential banana skin this evening. We were all over Dundee in the first twenty minutes with some incisive attacking play. A well taken goal from the Dazzler. Pawlett put in a deep cross from the left, Clark headed it back across goal and Mackie controlled it with his back to goal and swivelled round to crack it past Rab Douglas. After that there was a lot of flat passages of play but we were deserved winners. Chalali came on for Clark and looks like he could be a good signing. Pretty direct and skillful if a bit lightweight. He had a great chance to score having robbed their centre back but he tried a little trick and got the ball stuck between his feet. Jason Brown had one or two decent saves and looks pretty composed.

Two wins in a row can't be scoffed at :up:

Bring on the Huns.

Rab Douglas is still playing? Wasn't he about 30 when he joined Celtic in like 1998?