aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Was that not Shaun Maloney? I'm sure I read something about him doing that at Todders...

I'm sure it was the Dazzler and the story went that he then sent her some flowers to say sorry. Neither "Darren Mackie broken nose" nor "Shaun Maloney broken nose" deliver on google so we could both be wrong.

Irrespective of this, Mackie's going to BREAK THE NET tomorrow :p

Mario wont do an eye gouge now it has been done. He'll find something even madder to do.

Mental it all started from the Marcelo challenge that no one could have an argument with the ref's action.

Mourinho's has got all the Madrid players thinking like him. Casillas was saying that Fabregas went down too easily! All this nonsense could fuck up Spain big style. Apparently Xavi and casillas used to be great friends now hardly talk to each other.

He just gets worse and worse. Seems to genuinely believe he is the saviour of football punditry. As much as it pains me to say it, the likes of Gary Neville is the way forward. None of this he's-havin-a-laff-wahey bantah shite, a TV pundit needs to talk tactics and give genuine insight. GN seems to actually know the game well.

He may be a tad annoying and a bit loudmouthed but Stan Collymore seems to hit the spot alot of the time. He seems to be one of the stongest new pundits. D Pleat for me always makes sense when co commentating. G Neville just dosent look comfortable at the moment. He maybe needs Beckham in front.

The only matches I've seen with G Nev doing punditry so far I've watched in pubs and not been able to listen to the commentary analysis.

I'm very disappointed he's not caused any articles about him being controversial yet though.

Hopefully he's saving some cracking lines for when United play Liverpool.

The only matches I've seen with G Nev doing punditry so far I've watched in pubs and not been able to listen to the commentary analysis.

I'm very disappointed he's not caused any articles about him being controversial yet though.

Hopefully he's saving some cracking lines for when United play Liverpool.

If United win, hes going to get naked. Infact, with every goal United score, he's going to remove two items of clothing. The tie will stay on.

I came across this

Go straight to 2:17 and listen to SAF.

Fergie, "We're the luckiest team in the world. We were a disgrace of a performance.? Miller and McLeish won the cup for Aberdeen. Miller and McLeish played Rangers themselves. They were a disgrace of a performance. And I'm not caring, winning cups doesn't matter. Our standards have been set long ago and we're not going to accept that from any Aberdeen team. No way should we take any glory from that".

He may be a tad annoying and a bit loudmouthed but Stan Collymore seems to hit the spot alot of the time. He seems to be one of the stongest new pundits. D Pleat for me always makes sense when co commentating. G Neville just dosent look comfortable at the moment. He maybe needs Beckham in front.

I haven't heard too much of Collymore on the radio. On Twitter he seems decent enough and the few times he's done a live match he isn't bad at all. I'm a bit concerned with the leaning towards a Savage type. Football punditry shouldn't be about having a laugh, it's serious business. Well, not quite but at least have the knowledge to justify your presence. Take the guardian football podcast for example, good mix of actual solid football discussion and light hearted joking around. I think it's all to do with intelligence.

That podcast is one of my favourite things around. It's a great length for my train journey to work too. I love those days. It can be hilarious but when real talk is needed they know their stuff and give some really interesting in-depth conversation. Never argue with the likes of Jonathon Wilson or Philipe Auclair.

I came across this

Go straight to 2:17 and listen to SAF.

Fergie, "We're the luckiest team in the world. We were a disgrace of a performance.? Miller and McLeish won the cup for Aberdeen. Miller and McLeish played Rangers themselves. They were a disgrace of a performance. And I'm not caring, winning cups doesn't matter. Our standards have been set long ago and we're not going to accept that from any Aberdeen team. No way should we take any glory from that".

I stumbled upon this clip a number of years ago (perhaps it's in the Aberdeen DVD about with the 1983 CWC final). Loved it.