aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

bloody robbed this afternoon against bogie team Kidderminster Harriers, ah well we played pretty well so the defeat a little easier to take.

Wenger looking a good bet for first Prem League manager to go. He's had such a good ride there but fans seem to be losing patience now. If he does go I'll miss his moaning and little strops.

I actually think Wenger may well quit/get sacked at some point this season. Not purely because of how he's doing at the moment but also because timing could be perfect to take over at PSG. Koumbouare is on borrowed time there at the moment, they've got the incredible Pastore and oodles of cash. PSG for champs league with Wenger in 3 years is my prediction.

Gary Neville is becoming one of my favourite pundits already, and I don't even like pundits. Whoever mentioned how doesn't have all teh stupid banter and just does his job a few pages back: that person was right.

I think I'm going to watch the West Ham vs Leeds and the Bolton vs Man City games today. Should be two good games I think, Living with the parents again has its perks :up:

A good result for the Dons and the first half performance by the whole team was enjoyable. I didn't much enjoy the nervy last ten minutes or so but we defended well under pressure. I can't believe we managed to sign Arnason, he's a touch of class. We'll definitely beat Rangers next week.

I actually think Wenger may well quit/get sacked at some point this season. Not purely because of how he's doing at the moment but also because timing could be perfect to take over at PSG. Koumbouare is on borrowed time there at the moment, they've got the incredible Pastore and oodles of cash. PSG for champs league with Wenger in 3 years is my prediction.

I don't know what the complaining Arsenal fans expect if Arsene leaves. If he leaves they wont have their incredible youth system when they regularly churn out 18 year olds that can play in the first team.

They simply don't have the cash to compete with the Manyoos/Citeh/Chelseas of the EPL. They could maybe come up with the transfer fee but they can't compete on wages which is the problem. They have an actual stable financial model and will still be a profitable team in 30 years time etc.

If they do fire Wenger I 100% agree, he's pretty much a lock for the PSG team and he'll then have piles of cash and he can continue to buy young stars. PSG would probably become a terrifying Champions league team with that mixture.

Arsenal would still have a very strong and very well funded youth academy in place whether Wenger is there or not. Wenger seems to take all the credit for all these youngsters that are picked out of nowhere, when a huge amount of that credit should go towards Arsenal's scouting system, which is consistently one of the best around.

Infact, it was youth coach Roy Massey who discovered Fabregas as a Barca academy player, and Steve Bould who spotted Aaron Ramsey when Arsenal U18's played Against Cardiff U18's a couple of years ago.

Arsenal would still have a very strong and very well funded youth academy in place whether Wenger is there or not. Wenger seems to take all the credit for all these youngsters that are picked out of nowhere, when a huge amount of that credit should go towards Arsenal's scouting system, which is consistently one of the best around.

Infact, it was youth coach Roy Massey who discovered Fabregas as a Barca academy player, and Steve Bould who spotted Aaron Ramsey when Arsenal U18's played Against Cardiff U18's a couple of years ago.

You can't discount Wengers involvement in the development of those players though and I'm sure a lot of other clubs are scouting the same places as Arsenal and receiving footage from their own scouts on the same players. Perhaps just not seeing what he sees in them.

Regardless I don't see them being as successful with their youth policy without him and their not going to suddenly have the cash to compete in the way the other big clubs do.

You can't discount Wengers involvement in the development of those players though and I'm sure a lot of other clubs are scouting the same places as Arsenal and receiving footage from their own scouts on the same players. Perhaps just not seeing what he sees in them.

Regardless I don't see them being as successful with their youth policy without him and their not going to suddenly have the cash to compete in the way the other big clubs do.

He certainly has an involvement in their development because he is a good manager, but the same youth policy will still be in place after he goes, I am certain. The quality of players they churn out from a very young age is very good, and because as you say, they can't compete financially, so it is one of their primary options.

Due to the FFP rules which come into effect next season, it will be primary option for most teams really.

A good result for the Dons and the first half performance by the whole team was enjoyable. I didn't much enjoy the nervy last ten minutes or so but we defended well under pressure. I can't believe we managed to sign Arnason, he's a touch of class. We'll definitely beat Rangers next week.

Agreed - especially given he was with Hearts pre-season. Very surprised they didn't snap him up. Hope we can hold onto him past next summer, but I imagine that will be pretty unlikely.

City v Bolton was a good game of football. Lots of nice passing, lots of aerial battles and lots of giggling (I'm looking at you Petrov, Davies, Richards and Milner).

Twitter

Top quality knowledge from BBC Sport editor

Someone should tweet back saying "No". What a shock he'll have when he finds out he's right good. Egg all over his face. LOLJOKES.

Mata is mint. However, lots of football forums now have posters using lots of bad "Mata" puns.

"It doesn't Mata that Chelsea have signed him. It's just Juan player"

Groan.

Holy titty christ!

Noid Roid, what are they saying?

Link is of a gun fight that broke out during a mexican league match. Players fled the field, spectators running about awai. Crazy stuff

Basically the commentators have no idea what's going on and are just describing what you can hear / see on the video. They talk a bit about security problems in mexico. The stadium announcer tells everyone to stay in the stadium and they've locked the gates to keep everyone in for security. So whatever was going on was happening outside the stadium.

Basically the commentators have no idea what's going on and are just describing what you can hear / see on the video. They talk a bit about security problems in mexico. The stadium announcer tells everyone to stay in the stadium and they've locked the gates to keep everyone in for security. So whatever was going on was happening outside the stadium.

Thanks dude.

Someone should tweet back saying "No". What a shock he'll have when he finds out he's right good. Egg all over his face. LOLJOKES.

Mata is mint. However, lots of football forums now have posters using lots of bad "Mata" puns.

"It doesn't Mata that Chelsea have signed him. It's just Juan player"

Groan.

I'll just leave this here... a video from the you tubes

I also have a feeling Wenger may quit Arsenal. He has been very loyal and kept his trap shut for a number of years during inhouse grievances in the past. Has anyone thought as he loves London so much, that he may end uptaking over from Capello. PSG would be tempting for him but just as stressfull. Also the chairman there will know how cautious he is and will look for a wheeler dealer type.

Guest Gladstone

Experienced my first ever Highland League match at the weekend. REAL FOOTBALL. Up in Inverness for a stag weekend and we decided to go for the hospitality deal at Inverness Clachnacuddin - we were the official match sponsors.

Quite remarkably they destroyed Deveronvale 3-0 with all goals in the second half. It was ace. "The Clach" are officially my new team. I'm a proper glory hunter now, seeing as Celtic couldn't fucking beat St Johnstone... (To be fair, I watched the highlights and it was 1-0 St Johnstone, going on 10-1 Celtic)

Arsene Wenger announced on BBC Five Live at the weekend that he has no intention to ever quit Arsenal, despite supporters getting on his back and pressure increasing. He also added that "One day I will prove to you my loyalty to Arsenal and I will reveal all that I have given up and turned down to remain here."

I'm assuming he was offered the Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd jobs at some point during the past. Or jobs of that ilk.

His name has become synonymous with Arsenal. Almost literally.