aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

I also have a feeling Wenger may quit Arsenal. He has been very loyal and kept his trap shut for a number of years during inhouse grievances in the past. Has anyone thought as he loves London so much, that he may end uptaking over from Capello. PSG would be tempting for him but just as stressfull. Also the chairman there will know how cautious he is and will look for a wheeler dealer type.

The next England boss will be English, for sure (probably Harry Redknapp tbf).

I also have a feeling Wenger may quit Arsenal. He has been very loyal and kept his trap shut for a number of years during inhouse grievances in the past. Has anyone thought as he loves London so much, that he may end uptaking over from Capello. PSG would be tempting for him but just as stressfull. Also the chairman there will know how cautious he is and will look for a wheeler dealer type.

PSG? Nah.

Personally, I don't feel Arsene Wenger is "cautious" in the transfer market; he's underlined publically on many occassions that he only signs players that are available at the right price and, crucially, improve the team. For a club like Arsenal, not many of these players are actually available. Those players that would immediately improve the team are just out of reach in terms of availability or actual price. See Phil Jagielka (twenty fucking million? Aye, okay Moyes, whatever).

As a result, Wenger implements a policy whereby his scouting team are deployed to look for young players with potential, with a more realistic market value, and then works on them to play with the Arsenal mentality. Personally, I think Arsenal are excellent at executing this approach and the number of world class footballers to come through and make their name at Arsenal speaks for itself, in my estimation.

I don't think Wenger would be interested in the PSG job. That club is too much of a circus.

Would be a completely disasterous appointment.

So...me too.

Precisely. :up:

Personally, I think the guy is a chump who relies on old footballing cliches in an attempt to sound as if he knows what he's talking about.

He also reminds me too much of John Lydon. Hate that guy.

A friend turned me onto this : Home - The Blizzard

Think I might splurge on a subscription. Looks nice and is apparently wonderfully well written. Anyone else get it?

Yes, it's brilliant. If you love long-winded football analysis as much as I do then you'll like it. Jonathan Wilson gathers together some of the best football writers in the world and let's them write without any restrictions. Quite refreshing in a country where "talking points" like "OMG ARSENAL NEED ENGLISH PLAYERZ" and "Wenger is stoopid" are trotted-out by substandard sports sections.

It also has Iain Macintosh, and he's the boy.

I don't get Welbeck. He had 3 or 4 good games for Sunderland, but is largely ineffective in such a clustered attack, when the opposing team defend in numbers. He might be of use if United get a counter attack, but I just can't see him fitting in to how United play. Hernandez should be on. Young and Nani are launching the ball into the box every chance they get, yet no one is throwing themselves at it. Rooney is dropping deep, which is fine, but Welbeck is just not in the right positions to get on the end of it. Hernandez will launch himself at anything coming into the box. Get him on.

Both sides defending well though, which is good to watch. Jones is the man. Kaboul has been great too.

Anderson and Cleverly really look the buisness so far for man u, this could turn into one of the best man u teams if they keep improving; I'm not convinced with Welbeck yet but that was a fine header, still think Hernandez will be first choice for the season.

Even Johnny Evans looks good so far! Jones is a brick and i think Smalling could be my new fav player!

I think Harry saw a bit on SSN about de Gea and made his game plan to shoot from distance the whole match.

He really did. I really didn't think he meant it so literally, but when VDV is taking shots from 45 yards out, you know he really meant it. They had the ball in good positions several times and wasted it with speculative efforts. Unbelievable tactic. Harry is such a fucking pleb. De Gea's not shit, he's just low on confidence. He was now at home, with 70,000 people behind him, and looked much more comfortable, which was always going to happen. Fuck off Harry. Knob.

Welbeck scored a goal, but still looked a bit out of his depth. He's not that quick or that strong. He looks to crumble when he's under pressure from so many defenders. Not sure where he really fits in, or what his best position is.

Smalling and Jones are solid. Fuck Rio. Vidic and Jones at the back will be mega.

Promotional video from Getafe football club. Listeners to football weekly will have heard about it.

The "plot" of it is that Getafe have very few fans, they need fans to donate sperm to create more. And to ensure a person is a true fan they have to get off while watching a special film they've made called "Getafe Hot zombies".

This almost makes up for the awful BK logo on their shirts.

We should all learn to stop commenting on the football as games are unravelling. It's like the commentator's curse: "Phil Neville is keeping the ball really well today and rarely losing possession"; queue Phil Neville hoofing an attempted pass into row XX of the Bullens Road Stand.

Or maybe, on matchdays, we should all slag the fuck out of our club's centre forwards if they haven't scored a hat-trick by the sixty minute mark. That way Josh Magennis will score barra-loads of goals. Oh wait, no he won't; because he's fucking horse.

He really did. I really didn't think he meant it so literally, but when VDV is taking shots from 45 yards out, you know he really meant it. They had the ball in good positions several times and wasted it with speculative efforts. Unbelievable tactic. Harry is such a fucking pleb. De Gea's not shit, he's just low on confidence. He was now at home, with 70,000 people behind him, and looked much more comfortable, which was always going to happen. Fuck off Harry. Knob.

Welbeck scored a goal, but still looked a bit out of his depth. He's not that quick or that strong. He looks to crumble when he's under pressure from so many defenders. Not sure where he really fits in, or what his best position is.

Smalling and Jones are solid. Fuck Rio. Vidic and Jones at the back will be mega.

REDKNAPP FOR ENGLAND.

Seriously.

"It's okay, lads: Spain are a t'riffick side and they are t'riffick at keeping and moving the ball, but they have this kid in goals who isn't so t'riffick - fire in shots from everywhere lads; that'll see us to a t'riffick victory."

Lol.

We should all learn to stop commenting on the football as games are unravelling. It's like the commentator's curse: "Phil Neville is keeping the ball really well today and rarely losing possession"; queue Phil Neville hoofing an attempted pass into row XX of the Bullens Road Stand.

Or maybe, on matchdays, we should all slag the fuck out of our club's centre forwards if they haven't scored a hat-trick by the sixty minute mark. That way Josh Magennis will score barra-loads of goals. Oh wait, no he won't; because he's fucking horse.

You leave Josh alone, take your frustrations out on Mackie if you must but big Josh is going to be our savior!

This new boy Chalali is dreadful, he couldn't hit a coo's erse wi a banjo.

You leave Josh alone, take your frustrations out on Mackie if you must but big Josh is going to be our savior!

Actually, I have rarely found fault with Darren Mackie if I am truthful. I've always appreciated his resilience; sheer workrate; and the fact that he fucking binned Joos Valgaeren for ninety minutes at Pittodrie in 2001, in one of my most memorable ever Aberdeen games at Pittodrie. Fuck you, Joos. Fuck you, Celtic. Sure, Mackie's second or third touches are usually tackles, but at least he fucking genuinely tries. I also really enjoyed his fine headed goal away to Dnipro a few years back; I think I spat my beer all over the screen in amazement when he bulleted that header in. It was beautiful.

Josh Magennis, however, probably shouldn't be a professional footballer. He's big and strong, but he can't head the ball for fucking toffee. From what I've witnessed, he's not especially outstanding at kicking the ball either. Not ideal for a professional footballer.