aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Watching Real rip Barca a new arsehole at the moment. Barca have touched the ball once in the first ten mins. No exaggeration. What with Coentrao coming in and Benzema finally looking like the player he was in France, I think Real could be in with a shot of winning everything this season. They scored something ridiculous like 27 goals in pre-season. Mourinho's had time with the squad and it shows. No more naive defending followed by balls out attack, everything is more calculated now.

1-0 real. Ozil from Benzema. Deserved.

Am also enjoying the last of three games today. 20 a month for sky sports is so worth it. It ll probably end up costing me a pound a game at this rate. Sergio Ramos looks the spit of a young Val Kilmer.Class goal from D Villa

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown felt his side deserved more from their 3-0 away defeat by Hearts, but conceded that the Edinburgh club were the better side.

"In spite of the scoreline, I think it's a distortion," said Brown. "Because I don't think Hearts missed a chance and we must have missed five.

I wasn't at the game but this does not correspond to the reports I've heard from people who were, I heard we were absolutely useless going forward and barely had a shot on target the whole game. Can anyone who was at the game clear this up?

I saw it on Alba. We were poop, but had several chances and hit the woodwork yet again.

McArdle simply is not a right back. Woeful player. And Foster still can't pass for shit.

Same problems as last season, no full backs or width in the team. You would think these problems would have been addressed in the close season instead of signing heaps of central midfielders.

Dons = fun.

I saw it on Alba. We were poop, but had several chances and hit the woodwork yet again.

McArdle simply is not a right back. Woeful player. And Foster still can't pass for shit.

Same problems as last season, no full backs or width in the team. You would think these problems would have been addressed in the close season instead of signing heaps of central midfielders.

Dons = fun.

I predict this season going the way of 99/00, we'll go 8 games without scoring then put 6 past Motherwell. Where's Andy Dow when we need him? :D

he's not likely to go into interviews saying "the boys are shocking, that guy mackie can't finish worth a fuck and vernon's got the touch and pace of a sloth. frankly i'd be amazed if either of them could score in a brothel."

they know we need a striker, hence why they keep getting them in on loan. slagging our existing strikers in the press isn't going to help them score though.

he's not likely to go into interviews saying "the boys are shocking, that guy mackie can't finish worth a fuck and vernon's got the touch and pace of a sloth. frankly i'd be amazed if either of them could score in a brothel."

They haven't had that kind of honesty* since Pele was manager.

*Must read his book again sometime...