aberdeen-music

Ridiculous News

Soda Jerk

LOL. Seriosuly, after that, to go into "Don't want to be an American idiot, one nation controlled by the media..." (I think I heard that right) is just fucking SPLENDID. That's fucking amazing.

Billie Joe Armstrong is now THE American Idiot. But it's okay, cos he doesn't want to be.

It's the drink, man, he's in rehab don't you know?

The story doesn't particularly interest me, but I thought this article was quite interesting.

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/3-ways-green-day-just-had-least-punk-rock-meltdown-ever/

That article is is right on the money.

Billy Joe Armstrong is just a complete embarrassment to himself these days.

• Upvote 1

As an aside, this appeared on my news feed yesterday, and let to lots of "Booo!! Evil paedo Catholics!!!111!" comments, which are just ridiculous. The priest can have whatever he wants going on in the church hall for whatever crazy reason, it's not a public building. I do agree that it's ridiculous news, I just found that the anti-religous fervour that it brought up amongst my facebook friends was a little uncomfortable.

As an aside, this appeared on my news feed yesterday, and let to lots of "Booo!! Evil paedo Catholics!!!111!" comments, which are just ridiculous. The priest can have whatever he wants going on in the church hall for whatever crazy reason, it's not a public building. I do agree that it's ridiculous news, I just found that the anti-religous fervour that it brought up amongst my facebook friends was a little uncomfortable.

I agree that it's 100% up to the church/priest what he wants going on in his church. I do think it's an unusual viewpoint that yoga is un-christian... but it's his call. Same sentiment as the gay marriage debate, I suppose. His views about yoga don't matter a jot in the "real world" but in terms of what can and cannot happen in his church, his word is final. Attempting to have yoga nationally banned because it's un-christian in his eyes would be worthy of all the scorn, this is not.

xx