aberdeen-music

Osama Bin Laden DEID

I imagine it will rise slightly for a period.

Fuck sake. Hope I don't get blown up. It wasn't my idea to kill Bin Laden.

I think killing him straight off was wrong. They should have captured him and given him a grilling as to what he's been doing, what he has done, and why. I'm sure Bin Laden has plenty of men beneath him who aren't just gonna shrug helplessly and join the dole queue because their boss is dead.

Oddly enough, that annoying woman who writes a column "Letters From America" for the Evening Express said in today's paper she was woken up in her flat near Ground Zero by everyone beeping their horns and shouting 'USA' as they drove past.

Is she your girlfriend?

Nah, my burd can't write. Even if she could it wouldnt be for the EE.

It was pretty surreal. I wonder if it was just normal traffic or if people travelled there especially.

Forgot to mention, she likened the sound of everyone cheering, beeping their horn and chanting "USA!" at Ground Zero to "being at Pittodrie", much to my eternal amusement. Parochial much?

I think it was handled so badly.

1. Killing him will probably mean a lot of the terrorist groups might plan some sort of 'payback'.

2. If you believe you're getting 72 virgins in heaven, I'd probably rather die than go to jail, they almost did him a favour by making him a martyr.

3. Killing him isn't justice, it's revenge. He should've been jailed for life.

4. Throwing the body in the sea means all the conspiracy theorists will have something to go on about.

5. On all the news broadcasts there's been no mention of him having a weapon (if I'm wrong, please tell me) so it looks like they went in, when he wouldn't come peacefully they shot him.

6. Twice in the head? why not in the arm or something so he can be kept alive for a trial? I'm not in the army so I don't know if what they do in the movies can really relate. But surely you can just aim a bit lower?

7. They shot his son and the woman being used as a human shield. Shoot then think later much?

Fucking steaming in gung-ho as usual without thinking of what should've been done and what the after math will be.

My two cents:

The report I read (please correct me if there has been more info since) stated words to the effect of "troops stormed a heavily defended villa/compound and took out Bin Laden and two others."

How the fuck do you storm a 'heavily defended' compound and only kill 3 people? And going by what Jake said, one of whom was a civilian / innocent of some sort?

I smell shit somewhere. I also find it funny that Bin Laden was killed at the time Obama's popularity is waning and re-election season is drawing closer.. But I'm a cynic.

xx

They were given orders to kill>capture. Obviously due to the chance of him getting away, i think just because, fuck him getting away, get him sorted when you have the chance.

In my opinion that's shit orders. Capture>Kill every time. Only as a last resort should he have been killed.

Saying that. I think that Saddam should still be alive in a jail somewhere, so you know where I stand on this or any other things like this.

This just has Bush's 'smoke 'em out' attitude written all over it.

I think it was handled so badly.

1. Killing him will probably mean a lot of the terrorist groups might plan some sort of 'payback'. would have been no different if captured alive

2. If you believe you're getting 72 virgins in heaven, I'd probably rather die than go to jail, they almost did him a favour by making him a martyr. dont really get the point

3. Killing him isn't justice, it's revenge. He should've been jailed for life. still not really justice is it though?,where would you hold the trial for the worlds most hated man? where would you put him in jail?

4. Throwing the body in the sea means all the conspiracy theorists will have something to go on about. just like everything else then?, I do think that pictures will get released, they also filmed the "funeral". If he was still alive surely the press would be getting a picture/ video of him staring at todays page 3.

5. On all the news broadcasts there's been no mention of him having a weapon (if I'm wrong, please tell me) so it looks like they went in, when he wouldn't come peacefully they shot him. bbc website states he wasnt willing to surrender peacefully

6. Twice in the head? why not in the arm or something so he can be kept alive for a trial? I'm not in the army so I don't know if what they do in the movies can really relate. But surely you can just aim a bit lower? so much better that hes just dead.

7. They shot his son and the woman being used as a human shield. Shoot then think later much?. dont really know the circumstances but youve got to question someone who uses a human shield (possibly your own son) especially when your apparently looking forward to getting stuck in to 72 tight ones

Fucking steaming in gung-ho as usual without thinking of what should've been done and what the after math will be.should have just knocked on the front door and asked him to come out nicely eh?

not having ago, just my two cents. at the end of the day the guy was clearly a cunt, I find it hard to rejoice in someones death but I really believe the world is a slightly better place without him

Where as Bush's popularity was always so high that he never needed to pull out this ace card?

Touche.

Never considered it from that angle if I'm honest - although it could be that Obama had a saunter through to Pakistan at the start of his presidency, captured Bin Laden but decided to hold him privately, just incase they needed an ace in the hole..

xx

not having ago, just my two cents. at the end of the day the guy was clearly a cunt, I find it hard to rejoice in someones death but I really believe the world is a slightly better place without him

This just gives them another reason to get all bomby with us. They have operations all over the world. They might have had plans that just got moved forward to act as payback too.

Touche.

Never considered it from that angle if I'm honest - although it could be that Obama had a saunter through to Pakistan at the start of his presidency, captured Bin Laden but decided to hold him privately, just incase they needed an ace in the hole..

xx

Exactly. And also HOW DID THE FLAG STAY UP IF THERE'S NO WIND ON THE MOON???

Bit of a catch-22 for the Americans: capturing him would have been extremely difficult alive and killing him will probably result in him becoming a martyr but you couldn't really just have left him to it, unchased and unpunished, eh?

Which country should he have stood trial in?

The US? Death penalty.

Saudi? Death penalty.

Pakistan? Death penalty.

Afghanistan? Death penalty.

He was never, ever, EVER going to be locked up, and shooting him just cuts out the middle man.

Right decision. Dreadful bastard. Deserved to die.

• Upvote 1

It's not like they were going to go ah well he's just in jail for the rest of his life, we wont retaliate then.

No I get that. But I just think killing someone isn't justice. He should've been tried in a state where you can't kill then sent to jail forever. I'm sure he'd probably be hate in jail too so its not as if he'll have a cushty life.

And cheers Stroopy, I thought I might lighten things a bit.

I wonder if the Bin Laden family will have anything to say? I smell I Michael Moore doc around the cornerrrrr.