aberdeen-music

Osama Bin Laden DEID

Did he get careless thinking everyone was more interested in Gadaffi just now?

Saw the report earlier, seemed a bit weird and anti-climatic that he was eventually found in some mansion rather than to have been tracked down in a deep cave for some Rambo 3 style shenanigans.

Seems the house was found last August and the US had been tracking the courier who led them there for years.

BBC News - Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden dead - Barack Obama

It's good, in that it is a real boost to Obama's re-election hopes, and he was a genuinely malevolent human who would have all the men in the west missing various limbs within months of a worldwide caliphate, and all the women in the kitchen wi' a cloot on their heids. Thankfully he is as much of an anathema to the mainstream of Islamic opinion as those god-hates-fags Westboro chursh lunatics are to that of the West. Perhaps after a cleansing catharsis, like a sting removed from flesh, the US can start to get a bit of genuine perspective on foreign affairs, and compel the Israeli govt to make possible a 2 state solution for Middle Eastern peace. Another case where religulous extremism is preventing accord, by building stuff on stolen land, etc etc.

But it isn't nice to celebrate death per se, unless of a personal revenge nature, so NY, fair enough, nothing is as simple as we'd like it to be.

Soooo....he was staying in a multi-million dollar stronghold, built in 2005, surrounded by a 6m wall, a stone's throw away from a Pakistani military training facility.

At least this erases any lingering doubts about the Pakistani government's collusion where Bin Laden was concerned.

It's all a conspiracy. During the news coverage they showed an image to demonstrate the compounds location that was CLEARLY from google maps. Therefor the only logical conclusion is that Google caught Bin Laden. He was probably sunbathing and some reclusive peeping tom found him by spying on google maps.

Also, this devalues my favourite work of literature of all time :(Where's Bin Laden: And Many Others: Amazon.co.uk: Xavier Waterkeyn, Daniel Lalic: Books

Also for old times sake ->

Guest davetherave
It does seem a bit odd that they don't have a photo or anything and we just have to take their word for it.

Same thoughts here. I'd like to see his head mounted on a spike on top the empire state building, with a live webcam feed as proof :popcorn:

The problem with dead terrorist leaders/fanatical dictators, is that they are like cans of lager in a fridge, when you take one out, another one just rolls into place!

Same thoughts here. I'd like to see his head mounted on a spike on top the empire state building, with a live webcam feed as proof :popcorn:

The problem with dead terrorist leaders/fanatical dictators, is that they are like cans of lager in a fridge, when you take one out, another one just rolls into place!

Surely it depends on how you've stacked them?

It does seem a bit odd that they don't have a photo or anything and we just have to take their word for it.

Apparently one is around but the BBC didn't show it because it was 'too gruesome' or something like that. Go look on 4chan, people are already probably photoshopping cocks on it as we speak

I was staying at my girlfriend's last night who lives right next to ground zero. Was woken up by crazy noise, everyone beeping their horns and shouting 'USA' As thy drove past. Needless to say I was pretty confused until I turned on the news.

In reality, this is more symbolic than anything else. It's not like terrorism is gonna stop now.

I was staying at my girlfriend's last night who lives right next to ground zero. Was woken up by crazy noise, everyone beeping their horns and shouting 'USA' As thy drove past. Needless to say I was pretty confused until I turned on the news.

In reality, this is more symbolic than anything else. It's not like terrorism is gonna stop now.

I imagine it will rise slightly for a period.

Oddly enough, that annoying woman who writes a column "Letters From America" for the Evening Express said in today's paper she was woken up in her flat near Ground Zero by everyone beeping their horns and shouting 'USA' as they drove past.

Is she your girlfriend?

I imagine it will rise slightly for a period.

Likewise. Martyr? Surely it will flare up, at least in the short-term? Can't wait for this to happen...

And yeah, I'm no conspiracy theorist but I do find it really strange that everyone is just expected to take the U.S governments word for it with zero evidence, coupled with the fact the photo of his body that's doing the rounds in the papers is fake...

Oddly enough, that annoying woman who writes a column "Letters From America" for the Evening Express said in today's paper she was woken up in her flat near Ground Zero by everyone beeping their horns and shouting 'USA' as they drove past.

Is she your girlfriend?

Nah, my burd can't write. Even if she could it wouldnt be for the EE.

It was pretty surreal. I wonder if it was just normal traffic or if people travelled there especially.