aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Where's the best place to park in town? I started my new job at Apple, and parking outside union square is a bit dodgy...! Where are alternatives that is safe enough?

Within walking distance of Union Square and free? Torry. South Esplanade West and East, Sinclair Road, Crombie Road and Victoria Road amongst others all have free parking.  Though a lot of it is near fish processors so there's a high chance of your car being covered in shit when you get back to it.

Also loads of spaces on Riverside Drive outside Riverside House if you get there early enough during the working week. 

They could of made another floor exclusively for staff, with a card pass or whatever. That's what I miss about my last job, free private parking. Maybe I'll look for something else in the airport, working for the airport, but I'll never go back to my last job. Unless the manager leaves, I'll take his place! Hahaha!

Who else can work 5am in the morning!? I can! But my last manager would rather have my work from 8pm one day and the next day 5am (illegally), just so he can get out of getting up early himself. Poor show!

I need a new mp3 player, my 120Gb ipod classic is in its twilight years and I heard they stopped making them. Is there an alternative that can hold 60-70Gb and has decent interface software? I know iTunes can be a pain but I'm kind of used to it.

Yeah, the 160gb iPod classics are no longer I'm afraid! They stopped producing them around August. The highest storage you can get is 64gb, unless you get an iPhone with 128gb.

So, Apple blew all the high storage mp3 player competition away, and now they don't make a high storage mp3 player anymore? Good one.

The FiiO X range seems to get good reviews, though it would require an additional 128GB SD card to make it a high storage player. The most recent X5 is pretty pricey as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/X1-Portable-Resolution-Lossless-Player/dp/B00NS3MRKC/ref=pd_sim_ce_5?ie=UTF8&refRID=0TE417JMGAR4D8QX61ZN

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-X3-Portable-MP3-Player-Black/dp/B00DQBWY04/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1419463006&sr=8-2&keywords=fiio+x

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-X5-MP3-Player-DAC-Black/dp/B00I4Q9S32/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1419462713&sr=8-5&keywords=fiio

Reviews seem to suggest they sound superior to the iPod Classic, but that isn't too difficult. I think a tape walkman would run a Classic pretty close.

60Gb is the lower end I'd be happy with, I've currently got about 80Gb worth in my pocket and that's cut down from around 100. I expect the 64Gb touch costs a cunting arm and a leg as well. Apple is fucking expensive. I do Spotify a lot of course which would negate the need for so much stored locally but I only have 5Gb on my phone package and I am pushing that every month. I'll check out the links when I'm sober. Merry Christmas you filthy animals.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe, just doesnt seem to have a noticable camera, i was thinking maybe mobile phone thing or something.

Anyone know the name of an old kids TV programme that had a group of kids with old artifacts, swords, chalices ect. A man was always after them, with this guy who could smell the artifacts, sniveling little thing with a weird snout helmet. Also remember the ghost of a drummer boy around a stone circle

Sounds mental but i know i'm not making this up. :swearing:

I have finally found it. My mind combined earthfast and this show: 

Do you remember your memories?