aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

What's the best 'attraction' you have ever been to/seen?

I went to Elvis Presley's house in Memphis many years ago. It's now a museum. It was pretty tacky, but also great. Stayed in an Elvis themed hotel. It had a little two seater sofa shaped like a guitar. Guitar shaped soap. Eating all you can eat breakfast in the Elvis restaurant, whilst they play nothing but Elvis. The more I describe it, the less great it sounds, but it was great.

Edited by Joda Serk
  • Upvote 1

I went to Elvis Presley's house in Memphis many years ago. It's now a museum. It was pretty tacky, but also great. Stayed in an Elvis themed hotel. It had a little two seater sofa shaped like a guitar. Guitar shaped soap. Eating all you can eat breakfast in the Elvis restaurant, whilst they play nothing but Elvis. The more I describe it, the less great it sounds, but it was great.

This sounds awful.

I do totally agree with you. Mayonnaise is ghastly. Still, was "No mayo" an option in Belgium? Or do you now have to avoid Belgium and all those Mayonnaise loving Belgians, putting Mayonnaise on everything?

If you're caught yawning in public they pour mayo into your mouth! It's almost completely unavoidable. Asking for "no mayo" or speaking out against the Great White Hope, as it's known, is punishable by being publicly waterboarded using Manneken Pis (the little pissing boy statue).

xx

• Upvote 3

Do Langstane Housing flats have cookers? I phoned up and they said "unfurnished, no washing machine, etc" for the street I'm meant to be moving to and forgot to ask about a cooker! They're closed today and cba waiting to find out 'til tomorrow. Figured if they didn't have a cooker it'd be a bit over the top? Kinda like having no toilet.

Do Langstane Housing flats have cookers? I phoned up and they said "unfurnished, no washing machine, etc" for the street I'm meant to be moving to and forgot to ask about a cooker! They're closed today and cba waiting to find out 'til tomorrow. Figured if they didn't have a cooker it'd be a bit over the top? Kinda like having no toilet.

I doubt they will have a cooker.

How come? :S It seems pretty stupid to me, but I'm highly doubting it myself. I've seen most built into the kitchen unit but would you say that they'd just have a space with nothing? D:

They have fitted kitchens and bathrooms. but no appliances. and if you're unlucky, like my ex was, it'll be very badly redecorated too, if it is at all. We spent quite a lot of money in that flat like.