aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

What was the problem with 101? I use it every week. It's banging.

I just couldn't find them really. The only video I saw on there for the highlights was on a link to a Daily Motion video and it had been deleted from there on copyright.

What's your avatar, Lucky?

Generic emo girl picture. I have a tattoo which is very similar to it.

re: the banking one - are you saying that there are actually transactions showing when you get your statement? Because the normal thing is that people have £100 in their accounr but spent £25 on Amazon and £13 on Paypal and they havent fully debited their accounts but are panding to leave and the ATM shows that they have £100 but only £60 available.

re: the banking one - are you saying that there are actually transactions showing when you get your statement? Because the normal thing is that people have £100 in their accounr but spent £25 on Amazon and £13 on Paypal and they havent fully debited their accounts but are panding to leave and the ATM shows that they have £100 but only £60 available.

That was me.

And no. No transaction showing. A week last saturday ago, I had £80 available in my account. The next day, it said the current balance was £80, but the available balance was nothing, or very little, I can't remember the exact number. It stayed that way from Sunday til the Wednesday, meaning I had no money I could withdraw, and then on Thursday morning, the available balance went back up to £80. So the money was replenished, no transactions showing the money leaving and then coming back. It was just like it was borrowed and then given back a few days later, as if a transaction was pending, but then didn't go through. But I can't think what that could possibly have been as I keep a tight check on outgoing money. Weird, and annoying, as I had money I couldn't access, which had been budgeted to buy food.

Some further reading for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_negative

An MIT linguistics professor was lecturing his class the other day. "In English," he said, "a double negative forms a positive. However, in some languages, such as Russian, a double negative remains a negative. But there isn't a single language, not one, in which a double positive can express a negative."

A voice from the back of the room piped up, "Yeah, right."

• Upvote 7

That was me.

And no. No transaction showing. A week last saturday ago, I had £80 available in my account. The next day, it said the current balance was £80, but the available balance was nothing, or very little, I can't remember the exact number. It stayed that way from Sunday til the Wednesday, meaning I had no money I could withdraw, and then on Thursday morning, the available balance went back up to £80. So the money was replenished, no transactions showing the money leaving and then coming back. It was just like it was borrowed and then given back a few days later, as if a transaction was pending, but then didn't go through. But I can't think what that could possibly have been as I keep a tight check on outgoing money. Weird, and annoying, as I had money I couldn't access, which had been budgeted to buy food.

Did you visit your branch/call your branch/check your online banking, etc and see what was showing there?

The bank don't borrow money out of your account in circumstances like that, that's not how lending works.

I checked my online banking every day, but no actual transaction ever appeared, and then the money just returned back to my account a few days later. The "current balance" never actually changed. Just the "available balance" going from 380, to zero, back to £80. I don't believe the bank borrowed it. It is more likely a transaction tried to take place but then didn't go through, but I don't know what. Perhaps a fraudulent attempt of someone trying to clear out my bank account? Not a clue.