aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

No.....whenever I've been to the US, you usually just get a teabag and a mug of hot water. They literally have fuck all clue how to do it.

Better still, I asked for a bacon sandwich while in Salt Lake City.....after spending what seemed like an eternity trying to explain what a bacon sarnie was, I was eventually presented with one plate of bread, and another plate with bacon. The notion of combining the two was utterly alien. I really wanted brown sauce with it, but didn't have the nerve to ask.

One meat probably isn't enough. They didnt invent the BLT though.

Maybe it's a location thing. Like if you walk into a chippy anywhere outside of Yorkshire, you don't seem to be able to get bits on your chips. Bits being scraps of batter fished out of the fryer and spinkled on top, like a savoury dusting of sugar.

Why are delicious by-products being thrown away?

One meat probably isn't enough. They didnt invent the BLT though.

Maybe it's a location thing. Like if you walk into a chippy anywhere outside of Yorkshire, you don't seem to be able to get bits on your chips. Bits being scraps of batter fished out of the fryer and spinkled on top, like a savoury dusting of sugar.

Why are delicious by-products being thrown away?

My local chippy in Gateshead offers bits.

I was also very surprised to find HP sauce available in Cuba, I can only imagine it's purely for the Brits, as I doubt the Canadians have the enhanced taste buds required for broon sauce.

I'm from Edinburgh so chippy brown sauce is my favourite thing unavailable here. Not that I actually visit any up here, but the option of chippy brown sauce would be nice

My local chippy in Gateshead offers bits.

I was also very surprised to find HP sauce available in Cuba, I can only imagine it's purely for the Brits, as I doubt the Canadians have the enhanced taste buds required for broon sauce.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_Sauce#Canada

As for USA, don't they have something similar but they call it steak sauce?

Don't knock American breakfast sandwiches! The bacon may not be on par with British but they more than make up for it with the addition of cheese and an egg. That's standard if you ask for 'a breakfast sandwich'. And of course you have all different options: American bacon or Canadian bacon, Swiss cheese, American cheese, eggs done any style. I love that shit.

Tea is mince here. Bring tetley.

I'm a bit gutted that I've moved flats coz next door to my last place was an English pub that served full brekkies, broon sass and athin.

Lipton is just awful and doesn't make sense. It's prevalent all over the world in countries where they don't know about tea. They must have a great marketing department which fools all these ignorant folk. In Ghana people always wanted to give me tea because I'm British and have to drink tea but it was always a lipton teabag plonked in a cup of mildly hot water. Fuck Off.