aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Do you need a special kind of bow to play guitar with or do violin or cello ones work the same?

From my experience, you don't. But there is a skill to it. If you watch some Sigur Ros live footage, Jonsi fairly goes at it, snapping lots of the bow hair. I've seen Alan Cynic play live with a bowed guitar before...

From my experience, you don't. But there is a skill to it. If you watch some Sigur Ros live footage, Jonsi fairly goes at it, snapping lots of the bow hair. I've seen Alan Cynic play live with a bowed guitar before...

Aye Jonsi does seem to pretty hard on them. I don't know anything about violins but I imagine guitar strings are a lot harsher than violin strings.

Guest Giles Walker

I HAVE A QUIK QUESTION?

yes.

When people from the us of a say "i could give less of a fuck" what do they mean by saying "i could give less of a fuck"?

Do they mean that they have the capacity to care less, but are choosing not to?

Or do they mean something else?

saywhat.jpg

I HAVE A QUIK QUESTION?

yes.

When people from the us of a say "i could give less of a fuck" what do they mean by saying "i could give less of a fuck"?

saywhat.jpg

They probably mean the same as we do when we say " I could'nt give a fuck !" ......

but you know that they spell and say things that are just stupid !

"They don' talk like we does, does thay !" :D

I HAVE A QUIK QUESTION?

yes.

They're doing that stupid American thing of saying "I could care less". Which is wrong, of course, they mean "couldn't".

How much trouble would I get from sound engineers for fucking about with my effects pedals at the end of a set?

Like, fucking about with the level of gain and overdrive and shit and basically completely altering the level of noise coming from the amp.

If that is your plan, why don't you check it at soundcheck? Tell him what you intend to do at the end of the set and demonstrate so the engineer can make any necessary adjustments. Just in the same way a guitarist should demonstrate the use of any volume-altering pedals.

How much trouble would I get from sound engineers for fucking about with my effects pedals at the end of a set?

Like, fucking about with the level of gain and overdrive and shit and basically completely altering the level of noise coming from the amp.

Or you could write a proper ending to a song. Just a thought.

• Upvote 1

If i was on the desk with everything gained and ready to go and you started fucking with your volume i wouldn't be very pleased at all.

Hence why this was said.

If that is your plan, why don't you check it at soundcheck? Tell him what you intend to do at the end of the set and demonstrate so the engineer can make any necessary adjustments. Just in the same way a guitarist should demonstrate the use of any volume-altering pedals.

You fucked off before the epic ending though. It was epic.