aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

If you where to eat a 4stone steak would you instantly gain 4stone in weight?.......Genuine question lol.

Well, immediately yes, but once your body has processed it, absorbed the nutrients and converted the rest (you know how it goes) then it depends how fast your metabolism is as to how much of that 4st becomes body fat.

I would also add that eating a 4st steak is a very very bad idea and very very expensive. Probably.

May be time to bring back Kai's legendary "Eat your own height in Subway" challenge...

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/threads/could-you-eat-your-height-in-subway.2044/

Urgh. Reading how/what I wrote seven years ago makes me want to build a time machine and slap my 2004 self in the face for over-use of ellipses and going off on tangents. Also for being a twat when I was 19.

Am I making this up, or did there used to be a Cannon Fodder/Command and Conquer type game based on football hooligans, and you would organise your fans to attack opposing fans around the surrounding areas of a football stadium? If it's real, I really want to play it. If it's made up, I think it needs to get made.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hooligans-Storm-Over-Europe-PC/dp/B00009MGE2 ?

Should have that in the next FIFA. Non of this realistic chants crap, what we really want is the chance to bottle players taking corners, or a special Serie A mode for throwing flares and fireworks at goalkeepers.

Does anyone have any information on "subUrbia"? By this I mean the Scottish band who somehow got exposure from having "Always" featured on FIFA 04. I can find no trace of them on the intertubes and I would like to know if anyone heard of them while they were active in 2003/04?

The only bad thing about Music Magpie is that it takes ages. Took me about 8 weeks in total, from booking the courier, to the cheque clearing. The pricing is weird. I was getting about 30p for mainstream rock bands, but £3.00 for DIY punk bands. Since most of my CD collection was the latter, it really started to stack up, which was ace. I've heard stories about some people being ripped off a little, and MM claiming certain CD's aren't in the package, but I never had that problem, and got the full amount, even though I knew full well some of the cases were cracked, and the centre pin in the case was bashed in.