aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

I guess this is as good a thread for this as any - I'm looking to upgrade my shitty old 'gig box' where I keep all my leads/strings/tools etc, and possibly look at a new/robust (and small) pedalboard for my two tuners, fuzz pedal (Big Muff so not the same size as my Boss tuners), bass EQ and power pack thing.

Any suggestions/recommendations? Ideally the 'gig box' should also have some kind of divider/pocket device in the lid.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm after a reverb pedal. My amp has a surprisingly good digital reverb built in, which is good for light reverb, but I want also want something that can add huge, soaking wet spacey reverb, and that can also push the dry signal into the background a little bit.

Can any of your gearheads recommend something that does the above? I was looking at the EHX Cathedral, but it does a lot of stuff that I probably won't use (pre-delay, reverse reverb etc) so perhaps there is something more simpler and compact?

I'm after a reverb pedal. My amp has a surprisingly good digital reverb built in, which is good for light reverb, but I want also want something that can add huge, soaking wet spacey reverb, and that can also push the dry signal into the background a little bit.

Can any of your gearheads recommend something that does the above? I was looking at the EHX Cathedral, but it does a lot of stuff that I probably won't use (pre-delay, reverse reverb etc) so perhaps there is something more simpler and compact?

Holy Grail? It's the staple of post-rock bands the world over for a reason.

If you can pick up a Boss RV-3 I'd go for one of them over a Holy Grail, it adds delay as well as reverb for a cavernous sound. We use one.

TC Mini Hall of Fame might work if you only want one sound at a time?

If you've got the funds a Neunaber Wet or Strymon Blue Sky pack a big punch.

Eventide Space and Strymon Big Sky probably have too many options.

TC Electronics Hall of Fame is great, and the tone print feature is surprisingly non-shit and usable.

I just seen that tone print being used on a demo on youtube. I was blown away when the guy just picked up his phone and tapped it on his strings and got a completely different reverb setting.

Unbelievable!

Yeah, I dunno if I'd get much joy from the signature pre-sets, but it looks like I'd be able to dial in what I'm looking for with the desktop app. Think I'll pick one up.

I've not had a look at the software yet, but the tweaking you can do with the pedal itself is very satisfying. Realistically, I only use a couple of tones on my Trinity reverb, and that's the spring setting and the Sigur Ros toneprint.

I guess this is as good a thread for this as any - I'm looking to upgrade my shitty old 'gig box' where I keep all my leads/strings/tools etc, and possibly look at a new/robust (and small) pedalboard for my two tuners, fuzz pedal (Big Muff so not the same size as my Boss tuners), bass EQ and power pack thing.

Any suggestions/recommendations? Ideally the 'gig box' should also have some kind of divider/pocket device in the lid.

Really useful boxes , online or B&Q sell a few , very robust , lots of different sizes :)

• 2 weeks later...