aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

As I love the fuzz pedals and that, I end up watching many videos of countless variations of the fuzz tones. The most recent pedal that floats my boat is this one -

https://robertkeeley.com/shop/sfocato-fuzz-wah

keeley_sfocato.jpg[

I doubt that it will have a practical function for live playing, or do anything that my fuzz factory can't do (combined with wah), but it sounds GOOD.

• 3 weeks later...

M-Audio kit is decent for home use, Novation Launchkey might be a good alternative for a few quid less?

The launchkey doesn't have a midi-in/out so i'd ruled it out. Also, it looks like its the same sort of price. I liked the fact the Axiom has semi-weighted full size keys as well which would make it a bit more playable live if i needed it.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

That is a mental price, apparently it is a rebranding of the "Belcat" amplifier brand. With my Sound City not being gig worthy anymore and my Superchamp not coping with un mic'ed venues, I would actually be tempted by this. Hard to find any decent reviews or sound clips of it however.

Can't you get the sound city refurbed/rehoused?

I love the Sound City and I've had it serviced. However, the gentleman who carried out the service told me that to get it running "as new" would cost more than going on eBay and buying the amp again. I have gigged it a fair few times since I've had it, between Das and Seas, I think I played around 40 gigs last year and it took it's toll on the 1970's amplifier. I am still keeping it, but it will be for recording, it takes so long to warm up nowadays, it's barely usable for band practice.