aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

There isnt enough buttons in my eyes!

schecter-finck-460-80.jpg

I played the above in Imported Instruments at the weekend. Its a beast. Has the worst headstock ever but I feel like I need it in my life. Great guitar to play. Lots of different pickup selections and combinations (27 I think..) Neck is well nice to play and the whole guitar is well built. I want een!

Have wanted one of these for a long, long time:

GUITAR_23_front_big.jpg

Always fancied an American G&L but having played with Neepheid's Tribute and realising it's got as much balls as a 'Ray but more versatility, I figure I'll go for that rather than pay 2-3x the price for the "USA" nametag. GLTS_L2000_BLB_MP.jpg

i'd want a matching headstock colour though, if I could pick one up cheaply I'd probably strip the colour off and redo it in hot pink or something equally quirky. Would be tempted to re-shape the headstock, too and get rid of that little pointy bit. Once I pay off my latest acquisition I'll probably invest in the G&L. Or maybe a new amp.

One of these.

AD200.jpg

xx

mode_pic.gif

I like the look of the one above. Can't really seem to find a U.K supplier of them though. All the other ones seem to be available but not the Modena.

imol_pic.gif

Reverse headstock, offset body, crazy f-hole, lots of pickups and lots of options. Sounds like my kinda guitar, I would be very happy with one of these. Had a listen to a few youtube demos of these and they seem well tweakable. Really nice clean tones, nice and warm too. It would be a banging guitar for shoegaze I reckon. It's just a shame on the demo videos people just play 'guitar shop' music on it. Know what I mean? Vintage white looks sexy as well.

Man I want one...

I like mosrite guitars. So did this guy...

kurt%20w%20mosrite.jpg

You can't see it because of his hand, but the bridge humbucker is likely angled like the neck pick up in that bass.

Eastwood guitars are making pretty good copies of the old Mosrites these days. Including a copy of the univox hi flyer that kurt used in the video for heart shaped box.

1818hiflyerphase4whiteFINAL.jpg

Complete with a lovely angled neck pickup!

They do a copy of the bass as well Stroopy, but only in sunburst and white unfortunately. They cost less than £400 as well!hiflyerbassshrtwhiteFIN.jpg

In a guitar shop in Inverness today and saw one of these. I generally don't like Fenders but this was the nicest guitar in the shop. I love a bit of spalted maple.

Telecaster_Custom_Spalted_Maple_Rosewood_Fretboard_ICF1004181_a.jpg

Will probably be getting one of these too - a Zilla Mini Modern. Not sure which colour tolex to get though. A couple that were offered to me but one is in 'rough blond' which I really don't like the look of!

1x12_mini_modern_200x160.jpg