aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

Fender facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/FenderGBI

I also like the Strat, though I'd worried the bridge might be a nightmare.

The tremolo is fine really, you just need to make sure it's set up properly, which takes minutes. It looks like it has an adjust-o-matic bridge too, which will stop the strings from jumping about, like what can happen with a Jazzmaster and Jaguar.

Looks like Fender are trying to cash in some more on the kitsch-y retro guitar trend:

292545_10151611414330271_24127490270_301368368_846627616_n.jpg

That reverse Jaguar bass is all kinds of wrong. Worse dusty end access than a Thunderbird, less coil switching options than an HH Stingray (whose pickup arrangement Fender seem to have aped), and while I understand the predicament of the left handed player when it comes to choice of instrument sometimes leads them to use a right handed instrument upside down, there's no need to ruin a perfectly good left handed instrument by putting the controls at the top of the body ;)

• Upvote 1

That reverse Jaguar bass is all kinds of wrong. Worse dusty end access than a Thunderbird, less coil switching options than an HH Stingray (whose pickup arrangement Fender seem to have aped), and while I understand the predicament of the left handed player when it comes to choice of instrument sometimes leads them to use a right handed instrument upside down, there's no need to ruin a perfectly good left handed instrument by putting the controls at the top of the body ;)

I concur!!

It doesn't really look like a Fender at all. They should be making music masters and duo sonic era reissues rather than these 'pawn shop' guitars. My dream guitar is probably a fender cyclone.

fender_cyclone_0001.jpg

Phwoar!

Why make that odd looking humbucking Jaguar when they could make Cyclones? They already make like 5 versions of jags with humbuckers. Naebody cares. Get that shite oot and old school treats back in!

It doesn't really look like a Fender at all. They should be making music masters and duo sonic era reissues rather than these 'pawn shop' guitars. !

Agreed, Fender have plenty of old cool designs that could be re-issued instead of Frankenstein-ing new ones:

Fender%20Lead%20II%20Japan%2090%20%20lb.JPG

82BulFullLineCat.jpg

1975_Fender_Starcaster_710773.jpg

Also agree on that bass being ugly as sin.

At the risk of a bunch of people giving me a Will Smith style 'aw hell naw', the bass is easily the best of the bunch there for me. Love the colour, love the maple neck. I can even see past the head stock. Fuck the top end of the fret-board. Bassists have no business there.

Plus, the rest are all lazy and ugly constructions chucked together from a variety of perfectly nice guitars. Want a Strat? Buy a Strat. Want a humbucker on a Fender? Kill yourself.

At the risk of a bunch of people giving me a Will Smith style 'aw hell naw', the bass is easily the best of the bunch there for me. Love the colour, love the maple neck. I can even see past the head stock. Fuck the top end of the fret-board. Bassists have no business there.

Plus, the rest are all lazy and ugly constructions chucked together from a variety of perfectly nice guitars. Want a Strat? Buy a Strat. Want a humbucker on a Fender? Kill yourself.

Aw hell naw!

No need to thank me, you earned it :)

• Upvote 1

Pretty sure that jag bass has a humbucker! :-P

Agreed, Fender have plenty of old cool designs that could be re-issued instead of Frankenstein-ing new ones:

Fender%20Lead%20II%20Japan%2090%20%20lb.JPG

82BulFullLineCat.jpg

1975_Fender_Starcaster_710773.jpg

Also agree on that bass being ugly as sin.

I remember rushing round to my mates after he texted me saying he just bought a Fender Bullet for 100 pounds. Only to see a very cheaply made squier strat. Argos also sell Fender Starcasters these days. They are just Strats but shite.

Fender have made some mental guitars over the years though...

SwingerCustom_pic.JPG

p1_ulv0noxol_so.jpg

Fender%20Performer.jpg