aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

That Jag bass looks like Fender trying to make a Thunderbird copy. It looks pretty baws around the top wing, or where the top wing should be, but otherwise I don't mind it.

xx

To be fair, Gibson nearly got sued by Fender for copying the Jaguar when they first released the Firebird and Thunderbird.

To be fair I put a Seymour Duncan JB on my strat years ago and never looked back. I still play that strat more than my Les Paul. On the topic - I'd like a Marshall SLP59

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCNX_m23qNLrW9d2fOw2Hmvi6_NMqf4-0-gW68M89kJHcExv0X

That strat is the fucking sex! Still think your LP Junior sounds so much better though.

Gear I want: 2Sax's LP Junior.

xx

I've been on a bit of a Spacemen 3 binge lately and I'm now lusting after mental 60's guitars and amps

A Vox Starstream, comes with built in fuzz and tremolo.

4570444571_4501c2c048_z.jpg

A Framus SL 1002, again has fuzz and tremolo built in. Also has the coolest fret inlays ever.

Framus%2BSL-1002%2Bsemi%2Bhollow%2Bw%2Bbuilt%2Bin%2Beffects%2Bon%2BeBay%2BB.jpg

A Selmer Selectortone Rotary. The Animals recorded House of the rising sun on a selmer!

rs4.jpg

Only recently found out these were made in Prestige spec. I'm no lover of pickguards but these look really classy. Shame about the pickup rings but still like them!

FR2620_NT_00_02.png

FR2620_DBS_00_02.png

Since the seller pulled out the last time still trying to decide on an amp. 3 to choose from and nowhere nearby seems to stock any! Trip to Edinburgh is in order. Don't think anywhere stocks the JCA22H but the H&K and Laney should be in a shop. I think the Jet City has the most unique sound (I love Soldano amps!) but the effects loop issue (only really works with rack effects) and shared EQ, combined with no attenuator may make it impractical. Featurewise the Laney wins hands down but it's £120 more expensive. Probably worth it though.

TM18H.jpg

263862.jpg

JCA22H-490W-Web.jpg

The place in the Academy has the H&K Tubemeisters. I know this because I was there half an hour ago. I looked at the head and thought it looked pretty badass.

Those Ibanez guitars look pretty neat. They remind me of the Jet King I used to have, but less wonky.

I should pay more attention! Was there last weekend and didn't notice any. All I really remember being there was the Engl display in the corner near the entrance and lots of vox/fender/line 6 stuff in the middle of the floor. Tubemeister is probably my least favourite of the 3 but might as well give it a shot.

I never like the jet kings but the FR's are really nice. Also good that they offer the prestiges with natural finishes instead of just the bland black/white options of the lower end FR320. I love the necks and build quality of prestiges but they cost way too much over here IMO. The two guitars in the post above are £950 and almost every single Ibanez other than some of the sig and j customs have pretty poor pickups - so add £200 onto the price for a pickup change. For £1150 I could get a bespoke custom from the likes of http://www.facebook.com/Invictusguitars and http://www.siggeryguitars.co.uk/gallery.htm with bareknuckles. No contest, I would take the custom every single time!

The sheer amount of dials on that Laney is terrifying. It looks like it belongs in a spaceship from Alien!

It's ok. I'm pretty experienced at handling that many knobs ;) It's nowhere near as terrifying when you actually understand what they are for.

From the brand that brought you the sound of Heavy Metal comes the IRT60H.

Forged in the Black Country.

Producing 60 watts RMS of all ECC83 & 6L6 valve tone the IRT60H possess masses of gain and like its metal relatives such as the Laney KLIPP and the Laney AOR hits you hard between the eyes like a power hammer from hell!

The three channels on the IRT60H give you: - Clean, Rhythm & Lead all with independent level controls. The Clean and the Rhythm channels share a 3- band EQ with pull-push shift features on each control that gives you total control over your sound allowing you to dial in that killer tone.

The IRT60H Lead channel has an independent 3- band EQ with pull-push shift features on each control allowing for some radical lead tones.

The Pre Boost feature is a great feature on the IRT60H.Pre Boost works just like kicking in your favourite boost pedal right before your amp. It's available where ever you are on the pre amp and can be switched in or out via the supplied footswitch.

A standout feature of the IRT60H range is the WATTS control in the master section. This allows you to really screw down the output of the IRT60Hs 2 x 6L6 output section, down to less than 1 watt! Great for getting the sound of a full -blown metal head at bedroom levels.

Combine this with a Dynamics control which tightens up you low end when you're playing a full power and you have a great metal tone at whatever level you decide to play at.

The Tone control works really effectively and allows you to make quick adjustments to your overall sound should you for example change guitars.

The IRT60H features a custom designed and specifically tuned reverb allowing you to add just the right amount of reverb wash over your tone. Adding additional effects via external processors is a breeze the FX loop on the rear of the IRT60H has a switchable level control meaning you can easily switch your FX loop output level to match the ideal level for your effects gear.

86466_l.jpg

• Upvote 1

What wattage is that amp? I know the answer is a short google away but meh, it's saturday.

60 watt, but it has a graduated watt control that can reduce it to <1 watt which is why I am seriously considering it. More than giggable and equally at home at low volumes. I edited the post with the huge photo with a couple of videos too. The clean channel sounds pretty decent as well as having more gain on tap than is actually usable so it seems incredibly flexible. It's basically a full featured 3 channel, gig worthy head for £540 (only £495 from Thomann at current exchange rate too!), which is insane value. Not built in the UK like the more expensive Laney's but it basically has no competition at that price point!