aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

NAMM is horrid.

If you mean it's horrid in that it is causing a great deal of GAS then I agree. It's nice to see Boss trying new things with their pedals, the MO-2 is the only one I'm tempted by at the the moment. Other NAMM announcements that have caught my eye: Peavey ValveKing Micro, Hagstrom Pat Smear Signature, Dunlop mini Fuzzfaces, Arturia Spark LE and the EHX RTG for some noise.

Also seen some pictures of potential new Squier Classic Vibes, if the blonde Tele becomes widely available I'm going to be in trouble.

EDIT: I'd also been keeping an eye on Orange as they had hyped up a ground breaking announcement. Turned out to be a gizmo for checking valves. Bit of a let down...

T

That is being gotten as soon as possible!

Depends on price. Just seen an article say it's going to be $599 which puts it out of my reach. If it was to come in at microKorg XL price point then it would be a lot more tempting.

Looks fantastic though. Analogue synth with midi and USB? Yes please.

Minibrute has midi, USB and CV - it is also a lot of fun if you are on the look out for modern analogue and comes in around £400. I'm sure the Dave Smith Instruments mopho and tetra have at least USB and midi. Mopho is definitely in that price bracket - £250 for the desktop version. When you consider the price that even a vintage MS-10 goes for I think £499 for the MS-20 mini not a bad shout.

In addition to the rackmount ironheart there is also a head version.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/laney_irt15h.htm

The only thing as disgusting as how cheap it is to buy is the looks. Seriously fugly. £330 for a 3 channel 15 watt head which is good at high gain stuff is pretty game changing though. I'm told on the bigger heads the clean channel is good but breaks up at relatively low volumes so I wonder if that would still be an issue on these. If it's not it would be grateful value for pretty much any style and not just rock/metal. The rackmount is calling me though....

Minibrute has midi, USB and CV - it is also a lot of fun if you are on the look out for modern analogue and comes in around £400. I'm sure the Dave Smith Instruments mopho and tetra have at least USB and midi. Mopho is definitely in that price bracket - £250 for the desktop version.

But none of those look like an old telephone operator's desk.

I should really just learn to get the most out of miniak instead of lusting after more gear.

In addition to the rackmount ironheart there is also a head version.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/laney_irt15h.htm

The only thing as disgusting as how cheap it is to buy is the looks. Seriously fugly. £330 for a 3 channel 15 watt head which is good at high gain stuff is pretty game changing though. I'm told on the bigger heads the clean channel is good but breaks up at relatively low volumes so I wonder if that would still be an issue on these. If it's not it would be grateful value for pretty much any style and not just rock/metal. The rackmount is calling me though....

I kinda dig how that Laney looks actually. Looks difficult to cart around, but if it was just sat on a small cab at home, it'd look pretty badass.