aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

TNA is on Bravo. Last time I saw it, there were loads of WWE guys like Angle and RVD. Who's on Vince's promotion now?

I've been watching TNA but it's balls just now. Bischoff and Hogan have turned it into WCW 2010, pretty much the entire roster is heels, people change from face to heel almost weekly with no rhyme or reason, the storylines make no sense, it's full of continuity errors and quite often they start a storyline and then just drop it without any explanation, eg. Samoa Joe gets abducted by ninjas one week, then the next week he's back on Impact and they don't mention it ever again. Also they are pushing old fuckers like Ric Flair, Jeff Jarrett, The Dudley Boys, Sting, Kevin Nash, Tommy Dreamer etc. Basically Bischoff and Hogan took everything that was good about TNA (X Division, tag division, high flying wrestling, the Knockouts division) and got rid of it in favour of old men having slow boring fights. FAIL.

WWE is pretty balls just now as well since it went PG, the top guys are still Cena, Orton, Edge, Undertaker, Kane, but they are bringing through tons of young guys at the moment as well, like Wade Barret and the rest of The Nexus, The Miz, Sheamus etc. It's starting to look better, plus they are allegedly dropping the PG thing now that Linda McMahon got trounced in the election and isn't running for senate any more.

Can you not stream or download it?

Sky Sports is great. They ruined top flight Sport for those who actually go to games. I'm not one of those people anymore.

Yeah you can, but it's just not the same watching wrestling on poor quality blocky video on my laptop with it's poxy little speakers as it is watching it in HD on my flatmate's 42" telly.

I've ranted about Sky Sports before, I hate them. They ruined football. And boxing.

True. Streaming is pretty crap unless you get a good one. You can watch dowloaded stuff on your telly if you have an Xbox, and link it to your laptop. Difficult to notice any real difference too.

I'd be pretty merked at Sky Sports if I still went to watch football. It's great if you want to watch it all at home though, and now that Match of the Day is utterly toss, Football First and Goals on Sunday now rule the roost.. They truly butchered and Americanised Rugby League though.

There's also ridiculous stuff on that you'll probably find yourself watching, purely because you're paying for it. Ten Pin Bowling and Handball can get pretty gripping.

True. Streaming is pretty crap unless you get a good one. You can watch dowloaded stuff on your telly if you have an Xbox, and link it to your laptop. Difficult to notice any real difference too.

I'd be pretty merked at Sky Sports if I still went to watch football. It's great if you want to watch it all at home though, and now that Match of the Day is utterly toss, Football First and Goals on Sunday now rule the roost.. They truly butchered and Americanised Rugby League though.

There's also ridiculous stuff on that you'll probably find yourself watching, purely because you're paying for it. Ten Pin Bowling and Handball can get pretty gripping.

I sometimes download films and watch them like that using TVersity, and yeah it's pretty good. It's hard to find WWE's weekly programs on download though, except the PPVs which you can normally find. I normally end up watching Raw and Smackdown on Daily Motion, where the picture quality is shite, the sounds of out sync and it's cut into ten minute segments for uploading and streaming. So there's usually bits missing. It's just not worth being a knock-off Nigel for that sort of shit as it's terrible quality. That said I'll still be downloading the 4 or 5 PPVs a year that are on Box Office.

I'll probably watch a fair bit of SOCCERBALLZZZZZZ on the Sky Sports as well, and hopefully catch some NFL highlights. I've decided this week that I support the Washington Redskins. Also I think Sky has Champ Car which I want to watch. The rest of it can get fucked though, no power on this Earth will make me sit at home and watch golf.

Streaming sports is ace. Ok it might not match up to watching a game on a 42" HD plasma screen but you can watch most important matches in very good quality these days. Spocast is wonderful. veetle too.

I think Sky could take the credit for many of the best things about modern football but also be blamed for many of the worst.

Streaming sports is ace. Ok it might not match up to watching a game on a 42" HD plasma screen but you can watch most important matches in very good quality these days. Spocast is wonderful. veetle too.

True. And you get the opportunity to watch football from just about anywhere. Massive derby/rival games like Galatasaray/Fenerbache or Boca Juniors/River Plate. Crazy games.

Guest idol_wild
Back on proper sports, Lee Miller has been punted out on loan to Notts County. How's that big move to Boro working out for you Lee?

Not too poorly - he's still playing with better players, better coaches, in a better stadium, in better training facilities. :up: