aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

I'm surprised by the news of Robert Pires joining Villa. Good move for Villa. It appears to be that the only reason Villareal released him was some ridiculous change to their transfer policy. The fans were quite outraged about it. His final season with Villareal was very good, so it was a strange call to just chop him off the wage bill. I don't fully understand the deal though. Is he signing now, or in January? I thought no changes to the 25 man squad could be made until January.

He was a bit of a twat at Arsenal, but I liked that, specifically at White Hart Lane, when he pretended to throw the ball with some force into the crowd after he was thrown the ball, and he dropped it and everyone cheered. He should have actually thrown it at them. Spurs fans probably deserve it.

I was watching ESPN classic yesterday, for City/Hull game, where City ran riot. Ireland and Elano were just immense back then. Much better than Milner and Barry. It was quite strange that out of their starting line up, only 2 players are still there - Hart and Kompany. It was only 2 seasons ago. Whatever happened to Ciceido(sp?) ? He was an animal.

I'm surprised by the news of Robert Pires joining Villa. Good move for Villa. It appears to be that the only reason Villareal released him was some ridiculous change to their transfer policy. The fans were quite outraged about it. His final season with Villareal was very good, so it was a strange call to just chop him off the wage bill. I don't fully understand the deal though. Is he signing now, or in January? I thought no changes to the 25 man squad could be made until January.

No changes can be made, however if you've only registered 23 (over 21) players, the squad can be added to (with free agents, really, 'cause they're basically the only players allowed to sign for a club outwith a transfer window).

I've been watching this game for almost half an hour now. I wonder if Fabio Capello, and all his managerial and coaching qualifications, has figured out that France are better than England at football? I doubt it. I was onto it about 7 minutes in.

Why do we keep lifting the ball off the ground? TO FEET! ON THE DECK! MAN ON!

PJAG is not a fullback. JMIL is not good. where's ADJO? Probably boozing. Chav cunt.

bugger a pointless friendly between England and France, am watching ITV do some decent sport coverage for a change, really enjoying the Grand Slam Of Darts on ITV4.

ITV should stick with darts and leave football to Sky and the BBC. Hell even Channel 5's coverage is better than watching that prize miserable idiot Chiles fumble his way through a live game.

Spain losing so heavily was a bit of a shock. A team shouldn't keep the same coach after winning the world cup, get a new guy in who has to try and prove himself, there might at least be a little chance of motivating the players for all the matches which probably seem irrelevant compared to the WC final.

Portugal do seem to be doing better since Quieroz was booted though. Blanc's doing well with France after axing some of the deadwood, Capello should take note.

Arsenal Spurs on Saturday lunchtime should be good, it's a shame those early kick off's always seem to be dull games.

Speaking of Spurs

Some hilarious comments in this interview with VdV.

The Dutch playmaker said: "Harry is a very special man, that's why I already feel at home at Spurs. It feels like I'm back on the street.

"There are no long and boring speeches about tactics, like I was used to at Real Madrid.

"There is a clipboard in our dressing room but Harry doesn't write anything on it!

"It's very relaxed. The gaffer gives us the line-up 20 minutes before we go out to do our warm-up.

"And the only words he speaks to me are 'You play left or right, work hard, have fun and show the fans your best'.

"Then the defenders get an instruction about who to mark at corners and free-kicks - and that's it."

The Dutch Master, who has hit seven goals already this season, says training at Tottenham is equally low-key.

He added: "It's not that we do nothing - but it's close to that."