Rangers v Kilmarnock

Hibernian v Ayr United

Stenhousemuir or Threave Rovers v Stranraer

Hamilton Academical v Alloa Athletic

St Mirren v Peterhead

Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Elgin City

Dundee v Motherwell

Heart of Midlothian v St Johnstone

Could have been worse. Caley vs Elgin looks very tasty indeed.

And can Aberdeen screw it up again?

:up:

Surely not, we put 5 past them last season, though they did have their keeper sent off after about 4 minutes!

the possible refs strike even got coverage on the news down here! wonder if their English counterparts might be thinking the same thing?

in other cup news of no interest to anyone on here, we been drawn against another football giant Forest Green Rovers in the FA Trophy 1st Round. Excuse me for not exactly whooping around the living room in excitement.

McGhee not got the sack yet then?

Exciting night at Inverness Tulloch Stadium tonight, with Roy McBain's testimonial. ICT first 11 (*ahem*: all fringe/youth players) v. a Caley Thistle 'legends' team.

ICT Team: Tuffey, Jack Sutherland, Tokely, Munro, Shinnie, Cox, Sanchez, Morrison, Shane Sutherland, Odhiambo, David Chambers

Legends Team: Calder, Perry, Golabek, Mann, McCaffrey, McBain, Wilson, Ritchie, Brewster, Christie, Sheerin - Subs: Duncan, Craig, Bayne

Legends went one nil up with a 20 yard drive from Sheerin and held out till the start of the second half. But off went Bobby Mann and the ICT goals start flying in... currently 2-1, going on 4 or 5.

So, Mourinho gets his players to waste time to get second bookings and sent off so that their card-count is wiped for the knockout stages.

YouTube - Mourinho -REAL_AJAX

Allegedly.

I caught this last night on tv but with no sound and couldnt get my head round it. Whats the rule here? Card count gets wiped if too many players are sent off? Utterly bizarre.

I remember Liverpool doing the same a couple of years back. Benitez told Kuyt to pick up a booking (against PSV I think) so he would be clear for the knockouts. Kuyt went about wiping everyone out but it still took ages to get a yellow. There was a great shot of him complaining about not getting booked.

Timewasting is a shit way to get sent off. Ramos and Alonso practically threw away free tickets for a relentless crunching tackle. Nothing leg breaking, but a bit of excessive force in a shoulder-to-shoulder would have been much better.

Unless it was hideously spectacular time wasting, like running away with the ball in your hands and then booting it down the tunnel.

A guy has just ran onto the pitch in the Panathinaikos - Barca match and ran towards (i think) Messi, stopped a few yards away from him, stared and gave him the middle finger, then ran away. Great stuff.

Must be the night for it. Some random hugged Rooney when he scored the penalty for Man Utd.