aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Phil McGuire was at Formartine last season, with Jamie Winter.

McGuire signed for Arbroath in January, was still shit, and got punted at the end of the season. Don't know where he went after that...

And former Scotland u19 starlet and one-time Man United target Andrew Bagshaw.

Who is possibly one of the worst players ever seen at Peterhead. And we had Jon Smith last season...

Oh yeah. City game. Shite. City were the better side in the first half but too scared to attempt a shot at goal. Second half we sat far too far back and allowed manure to attack us. Neither side looked like scoring, though. It was shit. Boring.

Oh yeah. City game. Shite. City were the better side in the first half but too scared to attempt a shot at goal. Second half we sat far too far back and allowed manure to attack us. Neither side looked like scoring, though. It was shit. Boring.

I disagree. I really don't think City ever looked the strongest of the sides. Apart from a couple of Yaya Toure forward surges (with zero end product) and the free kick, City just soaked up the pressure. There were 2 or 3 excellent crosses which no one attacked, and Tevez tried to be the hero, when he had midfielders actually advancing, which rarely happened.

Poor game. I'd been looking forward to it all day. I thought Scholes and Silva would have worked a little more magic. Nani and Tevez both made very poor decisions. United were hindered by having to make 2 defensive substitutions, so the game could never be changed.

BManc needs a plan B. Players other than Tevez and Silva need to advance forward, or he needs to play two strikers. Or even play 2 wingers plus Silva in the 'Kaka position', between the lines. Like Van Der Vaart is doing and tearing up the Premier League.

I'd been annoyed that I wouldn't get to see the game, seems like I didn't miss out on much though. Chelsea might as well just get given the title, whatever they do the other teams will find a way to finish on less points. Battle for fourth is going to be interesting, the europa league places too especially if teams who would see it as a big achievement like Bolton, Newcastle etc are still in the fight come the end of the season.

Rangers losing tonight will unfortunately mean it could be more difficult for the dons at the weekend.

I'd been annoyed that I wouldn't get to see the game, seems like I didn't miss out on much though. Chelsea might as well just get given the title, whatever they do the other teams will find a way to finish on less points. Battle for fourth is going to be interesting, the europa league places too especially if teams who would see it as a big achievement like Bolton, Newcastle etc are still in the fight come the end of the season.

Rangers losing tonight will unfortunately mean it could be more difficult for the dons at the weekend.

United and Arsenal just haven't strengthened enough to keep up with Chelsea. United were only a point off last season, but Fergie must've known Rooney couldn't be expected to carry the team for another season. Arsenal missing Van Persie and fielding a disinterested looking Fabregas doesn't help either.

An annogram of 'Joey Barton' is 'Vile little cunt' if you change some of the letters, and add a couple more. He'll never change. Still, I can't blame him. Who wouldn't want to punch Mort Gamst Pedersen? He is extremely punchable. If anything, Barton should be accoladed, and Newcastle awarded the 3 points, for twatting Pedersen right in the lungs like he has thoroughly deserved for years now.

I don't understand the talk of possibly fining Blackpool like they did to Wolves last year for fielding a weakened side (10 changes from the weekend).

It's the clubs decision who plays what games and nothing to do with the FA? You don't see the big four getting fined for not giving a toss about the Diddy Beer Cup, so why should clubs fighting for survival get fined.

I totally see Blackpools point in making the changes, 4 games in 12 days and they are playing West Ham at the weekend. I would want my starting 11 all rested and ready to go for that game rather than the Villa game.

They're just playing the percentages. Good move in my opinion and nothing to do with the FA.

I don't understand the talk of possibly fining Blackpool like they did to Wolves last year for fielding a weakened side (10 changes from the weekend).

It's the clubs decision who plays what games and nothing to do with the FA? You don't see the big four getting fined for not giving a toss about the Diddy Beer Cup, so why should clubs fighting for survival get fined.

I totally see Blackpools point in making the changes, 4 games in 12 days and they are playing West Ham at the weekend. I would want my starting 11 all rested and ready to go for that game rather than the Villa game.

They're just playing the percentages. Good move in my opinion and nothing to do with the FA.

The ruling to play your strongest team isn't a Carling/FA Cup rule. Just a Premier League rule. It's stupid though, and very inconsistent. If a player wasn't good enough to play for Blackpool, he wouldn't be in their squad. It's that simple. What was the point in naming 25 man squads if you can't utilise all of the squad within a period of fixture congestion? I have no problem with teams prioritising games against possible relegation rivals, and neither should the FA.

Man United fielded a weakened side against Sunderland last season, which included Danny Welbeck, Frederico Macheda and Darron Gibson. United didn't win. If they had have won that game, then statistically speaking they would have won the title, but they didn't. That weakened side had a detrimental effect on the season, but they weren't fined. Wolves fielded a weakened side a few weeks later so they could prepare for a game against Stoke and they were fined. It's just ridiculous.

The ruling to play your strongest team isn't a Carling/FA Cup rule. Just a Premier League rule. It's stupid though, and very inconsistent. If a player wasn't good enough to play for Blackpool, he wouldn't be in their squad. It's that simple. What was the point in naming 25 man squads if you can't utilise all of the squad within a period of fixture congestion? I have no problem with teams prioritising games against possible relegation rivals, and neither should the FA.

Man United fielded a weakened side against Sunderland last season, which included Danny Welbeck, Frederico Macheda and Darron Gibson. United didn't win. If they had have won that game, then statistically speaking they would have won the title, but they didn't. That weakened side had a detrimental effect on the season, but they weren't fined. Wolves fielded a weakened side a few weeks later so they could prepare for a game against Stoke and they were fined. It's just ridiculous.

I agree completely. They have to name 25 man squads now under PL rules, and as a result this ridiculous concept that the FA can decide who a manager's strongest team for a particular game is has to stop.

Whilst it's fairly obvious he's played a weakened side, what's to say Holloway hasn't been preparing for weeks for that particular game in the knowledge he'd play those eleven players and so getting them up-to-speed on a particular tactic or manner of play?

The opinion on strength of team selection should rest with the manager of that club, not the FA.

Young players need to be exposed sometime, and for a team like Blackpool it won't be in an Carling Cup run like United and Arsenal do when they test out their youngsters. Their squad is already small enough so loaning out youngsters/fringe players isn't too much of an option either.

The only way around it is feigning injury, which I'm pretty sure the big boys do all the time anyway. Terry, Lampard and Rooney have made some astonishingly quick recoveries after being injured days before England friendlies/away qualifiers.

That's an amazing turn of phrase. Unless they've got Mystic Meg on the board, it's just a series of words that mean nothing.

That's what all football statements are all about. All this "just taking one game at time" and the like too. Well of course you are. You're not going to run between 2 different games, you plank. Everyone involved in football shouldn't be allowed to speak. Only internet warriors and Ian Holloway should be allowed to speak. And King Pat.

That's what all football statements are all about. All this "just taking one game at time" and the like too. Well of course you are. You're not going to run between 2 different games, you plank. Everyone involved in football shouldn't be allowed to speak. Only internet warriors and Ian Holloway should be allowed to speak. And King Pat.

Speaking of King Pat - it was nice to see Tevez going to have a nice word with Pat after he knacked himself last night. Good to see they're still super friends despite the rivalry between their clubs. Truly the Romeo and Juliet of the football world.

Totes agree with the ridiculousness of this Blackpool thing. It will be a total fucking shame if they do get fined and even more of a shame if Holloway "packs it in" as he has said he would do if they are fined. He almost definitely wont even if they do get fined, but its a shame all the same. I've found myself looking out for their results every week as i like many aspects about them as a PL club. Maybe its more to do with the fact that all their games yield heaps of goals though! I reckon some of the bigger clubs would get away scot free under similar circumastances. I'm sure they regularly play weakened sides against a game they think they can definitely win in the premier league. I like Adam's point about how Holloway could have been preparing for this game, with a specific 11 players in mind, for weeks. Why should it be any different to any other tactics? If its to do with keeping the league as competitive and entertaining as possible then maybe certain other approaches, like opting for a completely defensive approach in hope of grinding out a point, should maybe be lambasted? These are slightly different examples perhaps, but I think that argument has some validity.

Chelsea have parted with Wilkins. That's a shame. Wilkins is one of my favourite people involved in football. Very honest and straight talking. You don't get any nonsense with Wilkins. I was hoping that some day he would get a shot at managing Chelsea full time once they were done with bringing in an endless queue of foreign celebrities. I do reckon Carlo will be there for some time though. He's a good man. I hope Wilkins gets back into management though, and not a shorts wearing assistant.

Here's Joey Barton punching Pedersen in the chest, and then trying to convince the ref he slapped him in the pec playfully.

YouTube - Joey Barton Punches Pedersen

Here's another video of Joey Barton nominating himself for THE SINGLE WORST HUMAN BEING ALIVE award, where the voting is currently unanimous.

This is Joey Barton being a right cunt

joey-barton.jpg

This is Joey Barton right after being a right cunt

Joey-Barton-appeals-to-th-001.jpg

The result of Joey Barton being a right cunt

SNN2907E-380_541247a.jpg

The ideal result of Joey Barton being a right cunt

joey-barton-jail2.jpg

The despicable twat should be fucking buried alive in a casket full of wasps and rats.

When are the powers that be going to let managers manage? The whole Blackpool thing is ridiculous, who the fuck are the Premier League to say what kind of side Ian Holloway is to put out? And where do you draw the line? They should stop meddling in such matters like pesky kids in a scooby doo cartoon and let the managers get on with the job they're paid for. Twats!

• Upvote 1

Just saw all of Hibs' goals against Rangers. Something looked a bit Bruce Grobbelaar about all 3. What was McGregor doing? He stood still for the second goal, and dived out of the way on the first and third. I reckon he had wedge on a 3-0 Hibs win down at the gambler. If his house is plated with solid gold this week, then that'll be a telltale sign.

There's strong rumours of an 'incident' in the dressing room last night at Chelsea which has caused Wilkins to be sacked. We'll probably never know what though.