aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

You missed my post where I said that I had been wrong about Esson. 100% wrong. He has been incredible for us since he signed. Best keeper we've ever had = >Nicky Walker, Les Fridge, Jim Calder, Mark Brown et al

I also took the piss out of Duff when he was at the Dons, but he has been one of our best players this season :up:

Is it just me, or does just about every Dons player improve when they leave?!

Christ....apparently even Duff is decent!

Wifebeating centre half who got the clap and passed it onto his wife. Played for juniors and I think is now in Cyprus... mind's gone blank. How quickly we forget.

Phil McGuire.

Todays announcement turned out to be that there's going to be a further announcement later in the week.

He was playing for Cove last season, I think...along with Ben Thornley....or was it an even lower-league lot?

Phil McGuire was at Formartine last season, with Jamie Winter.

Alex Notman has also signed for Formartine this year.

Ben Thornley plays for Witton Albion at a regional football league below Conference level.

Evra, Vidic and Scholes played through the flu on Saturday, and you could tell. Vidic looked like he'd just been divorced and had been sleeping in an alley. Dropped a clanger for the Ebanks Blake goal too. Lots of players returning from being sidelines will create a fair bit of imbalance and incohesion I reckon. Can only see a City win. Berbatov just isn't cut out for 4-5-1 these days either. He needs to play behind a striker, not leading the line. No doubt he'll yell at everyone and throw his arm about for 90 minutes.

Tame game. Both managers were very afraid of defeat under the circumstances. What is with City getting no players forward when they attack? So many excellent crosses and nobody there. Tevez split the defence apart in the first few minutes and he should have wellied it but he hesitated, which is a huge dampener on his game. Panicking under pressure. Still, Yaya and Barry need to be getting in the box if the ball is outwide. Or it's 4 or 5 against one for the cross.

Yaya Toure and Scholes were both excellent. Scholes was just everywhere at all times and he just ran the game, like last season. Yaya Toure seemed to pick up the ball everytime and just think "fuck y'all", including his team mates, and charged forwards. What a monster. His figure reminds me of Johnny Bravo. He's like a massive triangle.

United weren't going to win as soon as Evra came off, because he's the god of football, and O'Shea nearly hand delivered all 3 points to City, the wonky footed, fat head. For a right footer, he's got two left feet. And he's shit.

And Wednesday battered Hartlepool in the Johnstones Paint Trophy. Through to the semi's. Not even Administration will stop us winning that.