aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Rooney has made his fan apology this morning. The United fans on RedCafe are still kicking off about it. Fucking lunatics. What has he even got to apologise for? He knows the club can't spend like other teams can, and they still haven't replaced Ronaldo, Tevez or arguably even Luis Saha, and he wanted to play for a team who will always be moving forward. He was convinced that United are moving forward, so he stayed. That's not exactly betrayal is it? Nor is he even emotionally tied to the club, since he's from Merseyside and he's an Everton fan. Diddums.

Wednesday finally lost Tudgay yesterday. We've been fighting to keep hold of him for far too long, and he was clearly on borrowed time this season until he finally left. He's also looked disinterested and lazy, and barely made an effort to get into the team, so he's on loan at Forest. They'll probably make it permanent too I imagine. Unless he keeps being shite. They've just bagged Aaron Ramsey too. They're gonna win the league!

Actually they won't. QPR will because Taraabt is better than Messi, Bale and Nedum Onouha combined.

I love football :love:

There's a guy I work with who has two season tickets for the Stretford End. We got chatting and I was saying that I've wanted to go to Old Trafford for years, but never got round to it. He was saying that he's a little short of cash at the moment so he's always happy enough to sell the tickets for the less glamorous ties and offered me the pair for the Blackburn game. I said I'd definitely take one and offer the other one to friends and he was happy enough that if I couldn't shift it, he'd use his and drive up to the game and I would take the other. Anyway, as it was getting closer I was getting progressively shorter on cash and beginning to wish I'd not agreed. To top it off, on Thursday I got offered 2 free tickets to see Gloucester vs. Saracens and I was well keen to take them, but since I'd promised to buy the Utd ticket, I declined. Then, on Friday, I was offered a free ticket to see Bristol City play and I was thinking how much less cost and hassle it would be to go there, but again, since I'd agreed to take the Utd ticket, I declined those two.

Anyway, to make a short story really long, I went to the game yesterday. Glad I did now!

I was at Rugby Park yesterday, pretty shambolic stuff, pies were the consolation as always. On another note, does any enter the Sky Sports Super 6 competition? I'm currently sitting in 15th place for the overall league standings out of roughly 100,000 registered users (according to Geoff Stelling ect), pretty happy with that!

I really feel like I'm missing out on something genuinely important as I have never tasted a rugby park pie.

Me neither. They can't be THAT good. What's all the fuss about?

Pittodrie steak pies are great, but the mince ones are horse. For the greatest mince pies in Scottish football, look no further than Fraserburgh's Bellslea Park in the Highland league. Their pies have to be tasted to be believed. The are worthy of the gods. The only downpoint being that you have to be in Fraserburgh before you can get one.

I was Fraserburgh at the weekend, went to the Wimpy (there aren't many of them left are there?) and got a free pubic hair in my Diet Coke. :puke:

Me neither. They can't be THAT good. What's all the fuss about?

Yes, yes they ARE that good. I played in an "Old Boys" charity match at RugBy Park a few years back and they laid on a buffet after the match - including Killie pies.

I ate FOUR....

I was Fraserburgh at the weekend, went to the Wimpy (there aren't many of them left are there?) and got a free pubic hair in my Diet Coke. :puke:

Gads-a-fuck min!

My favourite football ground snack are the steak bridies at Dunfermline. Always the highlight of a trip to East End Park.

I haven't seen anything of the Dons game from this weekend, but all the reports make it sound like we were completely awful once again. I'm getting very worried about relegation now.

Chelsea desperately need Lampard and Essien back. It's hard to believe how thin their squad has become. They have one of the weakest subs benches in the top half of the league. Spurs, Man U and Arsenal all coming up in the next 4 games. If the slump continues they could find themselves well off the pace.

I'm really looking forward to tonight's match, which probably means it will be very dull. Which I wont mind, if Barca win. I hope Real go for it, there's a lot of talk the they'll go defensive and play for a draw or hope to snatch 1 on the break. It'd be ace to have an open game where Messi and Ronaldo can play at their very best.

Both of Messi's assists for Villa were really great. All the handbags got a bit silly at times, but that's what you get in games as big as these. Things were made worse after the cron/pep incident by Valdes running half the pitch to start fighting. He always does that, I think he gets bored standing in goal doing nothing. Sergio Ramos is a cock, but everyone already new that.