aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

McGhee is obviously a bit emotional, but it was a much better interview than the tosh he came out with last Saturday.

What he was saying does rather reinforce the following point. Given the injuries, given the size of his playing staff, and given the total absence of resources to change it, what can you possibly expect from any would-be new manager?

McGhee is obviously a bit emotional, but it was a much better interview than the tosh he came out with last Saturday.

What he was saying does rather reinforce the following point. Given the injuries, given the size of his playing staff, and given the total absence of resources to change it, what can you possibly expect from any would-be new manager?

Spot on.

Give him a full season with his players, there's nothing anyone coming in can do to change things as drastically as they need to be changed.

Can't believe McGhee is still spouting this 'injured player' excuse. WE have an injury crisis too and have done for since the start of the season! Our team tonight had three 18/19 year olds in Gavin Morrison, Graham Shinnie and Nick Ross all starting instead of seasoned players like Duncan, Cox, Gillet, Innes; who are all long term injuries.

Terry Butcher's interview was lovely though :)

Can't believe McGhee is still spouting this 'injured player' excuse. WE have an injury crisis too and have done for since the start of the season! Our team tonight had three 18/19 year olds in Gavin Morrison, Graham Shinnie and Nick Ross all starting instead of seasoned players like Duncan, Cox, Gillet, Innes; who are all long term injuries.

Smuggest post of the day! :swearing:

I was gonna watch the game on bbc alba but inadvertantly saw the score before. I can't be bothered watching it for analysis purposes. How bad was it?

If we are going to bring in a new manager now is the time to do it. This would give time to assess the squad and get a full transfer window to make changes.

Personally, I would like to see us stick with McGhee. From what I saw tonight, it didn't look like the players had given up on the manager and they seemed determined. There are clear weaknesses in the team and the defence is in need of an organiser at centre half but midfield forward I thought we gave it a good go. McGhee is clearly up for it going by his post match interview.

The board chose to remove a manager who had brought us consistency in the league so I think they should stick by their decision and give him a proper crack of the whip.

The Aberdeen squad is incredibly thin even without injuries. I'm not sure of the state of the ICT squad but I imagine they have more experience to draw on.

The experienced:

Langfield

Howard

McArdle

Ifil

Diamond

Considine (INJURED)

Vujidinovic (INJURED)

Hartley (SUSPENDED tonight)

Folly

Young

Aluko

Vernon

Velicka

Mackie (now INJURED)

Maguire

Supplemented by the young:

Jack (now INJURED)

Robertson

Fyvie (INJURED)

Pawlett (INJURED)

Paton (INJURED)

Magennis

Megginson (INJURED)

Which leaves us with 14 players to take to Ibrox at the weekend. The budget is not there to strengthen any, so to be fair, injuries are a relatively valid excuse IMO.

The Aberdeen squad is incredibly thin even without injuries. I'm not sure of the state of the ICT squad but I imagine they have more experience to draw on.

The experienced:

Langfield

Howard

McArdle

Ifil

Diamond

Considine (INJURED)

Vujidinovic (INJURED)

Hartley (SUSPENDED tonight)

Folly

Young

Aluko

Vernon

Velicka

Mackie (now INJURED)

Maguire

Supplemented by the young:

Jack (now INJURED)

Robertson

Fyvie (INJURED)

Pawlett (INJURED)

Paton (INJURED)

Magennis

Megginson (INJURED)

Which leaves us with 14 players to take to Ibrox at the weekend. The budget is not there to strengthen any, so to be fair, injuries are a relatively valid excuse IMO.

Plus Velicka won't play against R*ngers.

I'd rather McGhee is given until the end of the season. League cup win and relegation?! Perversely I want that to happen because I both love and hate the Dons sometimes. Once it got to 8-0 on Saturday I actually wanted 10. There's something wrong with me.

You're an un-supporter

Season of the un-supporters' club | Harry Pearson | Football | The Guardian

I really feel for the dons fans at the moment but its amazing how football can change very quickly. seven games ago Martin Ling was at last chance saloon at Cambridge - four defeats on the bounce - losing at home to bath fucking city. team playing with no confidence. Ling was in a similar position to McGhee - this was his first full season with a squad of his own players and we were in the relegation zone. Most of us were calling for Ling's head, I wasn't myself because continually chopping and changing managers means you have to start again from scratch. but my god we were awful in that bad run, some of the worst performances I have ever seen from Cambridge and thats flipping saying something!

Suddenly out of nowhere we got a draw away at Fleetwood in a game we all expected to lose heavily. not lost since - 7 games including matching league one huddersfield in the cup. desperately unlucky not to beat grimsby tonight and the team are looking more and more confident each match. and considoring what a lengthy injury list we have right now and grimsby were at full strength.

my point is keep the faith, i'm sure it'll turn out fine.

If we are going to bring in a new manager now is the time to do it. This would give time to assess the squad and get a full transfer window to make changes.

If McGhee isn't getting anything to spend in January what makes you think a new manager would? Especially after we pay off McGhee?

Mr Levein, please watch the Dons v. ICT highlights. Esson was inredible yet again. Chris Maguire was crap yet again.

Ahem...

How Esson gets into the Scotland squad ahead of Brown i don't know- He gifted us our goal by dropping the ball at Bayne's feet, had shocking distribution, and was dreadful at crosses. Incomparison, Brown has had absolutely brilliant performances in every game, and gets overlooked.

North Tonight just mentioned Ryan Esson is in Inverness for signing talks with us :down:

;)