aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Guest idol_wild
It was caught in a dispute regarding EU Fishing Regulations and has been since decommisioned. That's what happened.

That's what it gets for fishing in Real Time Closed areas and also misreporting catch figures when he lands the species.

Trawlermen are cheats. And the greediest people ever.

Assaulted his girlfriend. He assaulted another woman in 2008.

On paper he's clearly a twat but for some reason I like him.

Allegedly, of course. </greigsy>

The story's probably bullshit, to be honest. The lad's clearly a bit of a spanner but this lass just screams "attention whore". He probably breathed on her or summink, and the bitch thought "HOWAY MAN THAT'S ASSAULT, I'M GANNA MAKE MESELF SOME MONEY OFF THIS LEEK!". I feel really sorry for Nolan and his family, to be honest. Apparently they sprayed grafitti on his garage door too. Not nice.

If anything they should've made Andy move in with Cheick Tiote. I'm sure the sight of him eating raw goat for breakfast would've scared him shitless.

• Upvote 1

The Lech fans really are special. I see they've all put their shirts back on now. My favourite Lech fan was the naked guy with the mega phone.

The noise they are making (and the little noise City are making) makes it sound like Lech are at home.

They must be hardcore! If it's as cold at the Eastlands as it was at Ibrox last night it'll be absolutely freezing!!

I had a double check it was definitely in Manchester with the noise they're making!

The Poznan fans are absolute mentalists!!!!!

EDIT: Ian Holloway's rant is just wonderful. He talks so much sense. I like Blackpool.

Was he? I actually had no idea what his point was for half of that rant. Still great though, one of the best managers around.

I'm not quite sure how he would like contracts to work, but if he was suggesting a change back to a system where players aren't free agents even once a contract has expired then that's just nonsense, even if it brings it's downsides.

The Bosman ruling does make for simpler moves when the contract expires, unlike the old regime which had to go to tribunals to settle the deal.

I think what Holloway is getting at is that Wayne Rooney is almost double crossing United, when he owes United and Sir Alex a huge debt for the way they developed him as a footballer and could arguably be cited as the reason he is deemed so valuable. Both United and Cristiano Ronaldo knew they were going to part ways at some point, but Ronaldo signed a contract extension anyway, to ensure United didn't get held to ransom over a lowball fee when Real Madrid came knocking, because he said he loved the club, and felt he owed them massively for the way he was nurtured and protected, especially after the 'wink' escapade of 2006. When it gets to this stage in a want-away players contract, they seem to want to try and put one over on their soon to be former employees, by leaving as easily as possible, for as a cheaply as possible; which in Wayne Rooneys case would be despicable. I think Wayne Rooney's reputation could be salvaged somewhat if he just signed a contract, so United don't get taken to the cleaners, when they are already in a poor financial state. He's going to be sold now no matter what I reckon, as I don't think his loyalty can be trusted, and his heart is obviously elsewhere. An extra 12 months on his existing contract could see United command between 40 - 60million, easily.

It seems quite rare for a much loved player to leave a club on amicable terms whilst the player is in the peak of his career, especially if it is the player who wants to leave, but I think Ronaldo managed it, simply by giving United that financial headroom. Perhaps I'm being a little bit naive, but if Rooney actually cares about being respected, I really think he should do the same. Especially if all this "I'm at the best club in the world" stuff from only a mere months ago holds any shred of truth.

I reckon Paul Stretford has more to do with this than we're being led to believe. The guy is a straight up, massive massive bastard.

It seems quite rare for a much loved player to leave a club on amicable terms whilst the player is in the peak of his career, especially if it is the player who wants to leave, but I think Ronaldo managed it, simply by giving United that financial headroom. Perhaps I'm being a little bit naive, but if Rooney actually cares about being respected, I really think he should do the same. Especially if all this "I'm at the best club in the world" stuff from only a mere months ago holds any shred of truth.

I reckon Paul Stretford has more to do with this than we're being led to believe. The guy is a straight up, massive massive bastard.

Who's Paul Stretford? /assed with Wikipedia