aberdeen-music

Something I learned today

waltz

I had to copy and paste Trigger's original post and Idol_wild's correction into a Word document to be compared together, then I got it. Then I thought about all the important things I have to do at work before the end of today and how these things often take a back seat to utterly meaningless exercises related to internet chat. I'm glad my Managing Director didn't spring up on me by surprise.

"How are you getting on with that proposal?"

"Erm, yes, not bad. I'm just, erm, I don't know what this is. There's something wrong with my keyboard."

The Oklahoma University American football team play at the Gaylord Stadium.

The Oklahomo University American football team play at the Gaylord Stadium.

I was almost the same. I used CTRL+F to search in Chrome and pasted in the original quote. It showed only one result so I knew there must be a difference. Then I posted and as soon as it refreshed I saw it.

What a cunt Phil is.

• 1 month later...

He's a true footballing villain, but somehow the most likeable one of the lot.

I'm not sure he'll go to United though. I don't think he could work with a club with so much financial restraint, and his lack of history of bleeding youngsters into a team would go against the way United do things, which is something Gill and Ferguson have said themselves, and I imagine S'Alex will have a big say in who gets the job.

Also the fans seem quite against having him, because he's considered a 'short term' manager, but what power do they have at United and the decisions the club makes? Absolutely none, clearly. 5 years of Glazers Out, and the Glazers are still in. The fans even produced a club fanzine this summer just gone called BUY OZIL NOW and submitted it personally to the club. Clearly that was a success too.

Fergie will probably have a say but he does get on well with Jose.

I think he'd be a perfect replacement for them. The pressure of taking over from Ferguson would probably be too much for most but obviously not for Jose and his super ego. He would be short term but he could provide a buffer between the Fergie era and someone else who takes over with the intention of sticking around for a long time.

I agree. He's probably the only man fit for the pressures of replacing possibly the most irreplacable manager. Knowing Fergie though, it'll probably be Sam Allardyce. Tight bros!

I personally hope it's Cantona. He'd probably replace tactical drills with Yoga and Painting classes. Football needs someone who doesn't do things by the book. Cantona fucking hates the book. And the Glazers.

If we're talking about the 'crossbar, goal line and in' goals, then it was Liverpool and either Wimbledon or Crystal Palace. I just remember it happening at Selhurst Park, where he did a few keepy ups through a few players before wellying it.

Unless it was a different goal that won Goal of the Month along with the one against Liverpool.

Tony Yeboah is still the only person to ever win the MOTD goal of the month competition twice in a row.

I'll stop posting footie ones now because we have a thread for it but still...

For some reason I thought I knew this fact but that the footballer was Matt Taylor. I'm willing believe you though as I can't be bothered looking it up.

• 1 month later...
Guest idol_wild
'Paps' as a name given to breasts comes from the latin word 'papilla' and was commonly used in the 15th century. I assumed it was a modern nickname in the vein of 'funbags' or 'chebs'.

It's all about 'chest-bollocks' or 'dodes'.

'Paps' is still a favoured word of mine, though.