aberdeen-music

Places to Eat

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest droid

Lahore Karahi make all their food very spicy,the staff are a bit rude too.Jewell in the Crown is the dogs bollox when it comes to currys.IMO of course.Also try Mi Amore on Huntly Street for Italian.

why not sushi

Hi oryza sushi in 75 Huntly st. is very good. fresh tuna and eel fish as well a big variety of fish roes are the best. you will not find them in the other japanese restaurants in Aberdeen. And the price is so good as well. You definitely have to try.

Guest droid
The Yangtze River on the Union Street end of Bridge Street is an incredible Chinese restaurant. It costs a fair bit like.

It's been shut for a while...!

I'll second the Braided Fig, was there for lunch recently and it was brilliant. Watch out if you decide to leave a tip though, they automatically add a service charge to the bill anyway.

There was a Chinese in Leeds that used to do this, but you could opt to not pay it, for whatever reason. Is this the same? Or is it a mandatory charge?

I sound dead tight fisted, but I'm just curious. I'm not one for tipping much unless it was especially good food and service.

There was a Chinese in Leeds that used to do this, but you could opt to not pay it, for whatever reason. Is this the same? Or is it a mandatory charge?

I sound dead tight fisted, but I'm just curious. I'm not one for tipping much unless it was especially good food and service.

he's convinced me give me my dollar back

It was added to the bill by default. I assume it was a mandatory charge but I never asked as I was going to leave a tip in any case because it was good food, I'm just glad I noticed it and didn't end up tipping twice.

It wasn't a large charge (tree fiddy if I mind right) but I'm not sure if it was a set charge or if it's a percentage based on your total order.

Had my football night out at Meze House on Rose Street the other night. Food was maybe slightly pricey for what it is but its a BYOB place so you can get seshed without paying for expensive restaurant drinks. The guy that runs it - Mohammed - is cool and happy enough for you to be loud, roudy dickheads. I think we stopped a few people from deciding to sit in but we brought them 230 business on a Monday night so I doubt he was too fussed.

I used to like the Gourmet Kama on Bridge Street for a curry but I am not overly convinced that its still open. Anyone ken?

Oh god, I second this. Best pizza in aberdeen, bar none.

Disagree.

It's a great takeaway pizza and far superior to the pizza hut, dominos, snappy and phd efforts but it's too greasy and top heavy (some of the topping combinations are fucking ridiculous, like a child that just wants to put everything on at once) to qualify as the best in Aberdeen.

Best takeaway pizza probably. But there are better pizzas served in local restaurants.

Guest Bob Knob
Disagree.

It's a great takeaway pizza and far superior to the pizza hut, dominos, snappy and phd efforts but it's too greasy and top heavy (some of the topping combinations are fucking ridiculous, like a child that just wants to put everything on at once) to qualify as the best in Aberdeen.

Best takeaway pizza probably. But there are better pizzas served in local restaurants.

Such as?

Edit: It's not better than Dominos because they do the Double Decadence pizzas :up:

Guest droid
Really?!?! Laaaame! I love(d) that place!

:(

The 3 course lunch for 7 was great value for money...did you know the previous owner was called Elton Chong? Priceless