aberdeen-music

Iceland Volcano caused by...(from Daily Mail comments section)

Post of the year!

One question though... Who's gonna start the slow clap?

Steve Martin as, of course, Father of the Bride. He's never really liked Neil or thought him good enough for his daughter (commenting to his wife "and what about that stupid website he runs?!"). He'd been secretly hopeful that the ash cloud was going to postpone the wedding and he'd be able to talk his daughter round to marrying Cheadle. However, on seeing the effort that Neil has gone to, driven by his love for his daughter, he finally realises that he will make a great husband and son in law

......and the website? Well, they can just agree to disagree.

If you really love her, you'll wank and swim there.

Thats how I read that at first

We booked a package holiday through Jetline travel and they have just phoned to say I can get a refund on the flight, but have to wait to see what the hotel refunds them before they can say how much I will get back.....grrr losing out on a holiday they can't get me too sucks

Guest Gladstone
Thats how I read that at first

We booked a package holiday through Jetline travel and they have just phoned to say I can get a refund on the flight, but have to wait to see what the hotel refunds them before they can say how much I will get back.....grrr losing out on a holiday they can't get me too sucks

Bit of a nightmare situation - but good on them getting your flight money back really. This is a situation outwith anyone's control, and the terms of your tickets etc probably don't entitle you to anything back!!

This gives you an absolute winner of an opportunity to arrive at the last minute, against all odds, on a pegasus or something. Honestly though, it could be like the end of the best rom-com ever. They will be waiting for you and you bride will look beautiful (of course) but apprehensive and a bit sad. All of a sudden, a one engined plane will block out the sun, the music stops, and everyone squints their eyes to see what is coming, the mood is tense. The plane flies low over the trees and towards where the ceremony is being held, but wait, who is that dangling from the plane?

"It's Uncle Neil!" says your nephew Bobby

Your wife to be is in awe. "It can't be. It just can't."

You fly over the guests and leap of the plane,

who by the way is being piloted by Don Cheadle. He was an ex-boyfriend of your wife and was originally trying his hardest to stop the marriage, however during your gruelling journey to stop the wedding (in Don's case) and to make the wedding (in your case) you become friends and Don acquiesces to your logic and uses the knowledge he has gained from his three flying lessons to get you their on time.

You emerge from a nearby lake as the guests run over to greet you:

"Sorry to drop in on you like this"

Your fiancee doesn't know whether to slap you or kiss you. She kisses you.

You get married etc and as you get in to the car to go on your honeymoon you see Don

from a distance. He gives you a knowing nod and walks away. Your stare lingers on his position for a moment until Mrs Neil grabs you into the car. You drive into the sunset as the credits begin to roll.

Anyway, just a thought.

Loose Cannon 2?

Steve Martin as, of course, Father of the Bride. He's never really liked Neil or thought him good enough for his daughter (commenting to his wife "and what about that stupid website he runs?!"). He'd been secretly hopeful that the ash cloud was going to postpone the wedding and he'd be able to talk his daughter round to marrying Cheadle. However, on seeing the effort that Neil has gone to, driven by his love for his daughter, he finally realises that he will make a great husband and son in law

......and the website? Well, they can just agree to disagree.

My people will speak to your people and Neil's people to see what we can make of this. I think we're on to something. We will have to act quickly though in order to keep it topical. How long will this ash be about for?

Bit of a nightmare situation - but good on them getting your flight money back really. This is a situation outwith anyone's control, and the terms of your tickets etc probably don't entitle you to anything back!!

Yeah they are saying the flights can be refunded and they will try to see what they get back from the hotel....then there's the train tickets and the transfers too to claim back for...so much stress when what I really needed was a holiday to get away from stress!

heres the latest update sent from our company to all staff and clients:

"The volcanic eruption has reduced and the volcano is not currently emitting ash to altitudes that will affect the UK. Assuming there are no further significant ash emissions we are now looking at a continuously improving situation.

Based on the latest information from the Met Office, NATS advises that the restrictions currently in place across UK controlled airspace will remain in place until 0700hrs tomorrow, Tuesday 20 April 2010.

From 0700hrs tomorrow, Tuesday 20th April, Scottish airspace will be open, and south to a line between Teesside and Blackpool. Mainland Scottish airports will be open.

This is a dynamic and changing situation and is therefore difficult to forecast beyond 0700hrs local; however, the latest Met Office advice is that the contaminated area will continue to move south with the possibility that restrictions to airspace above England and Wales, including the London area, may be lifted later tomorrow (Tuesday).

NATS will continue to monitor Met Office information and review their arrangements in line with that.

It is now for airports and airlines to decide how best to utilise this opportunity. Many aircraft will require to be repositioned before normal service can be resumed."

theres hope yet Neil! :love:

I'm on the Icelandair flight out of Glasgow airport at 12.00. It's just got to stay open long enough for that to fly out!

Knowing my luck, I'll get to Iceland and Katla will then blow her top and trap me there for 6 months.

Got my first volcano jokes today:

"I came out my house yesterday and was hit on the head by a bag of frozen sausages, a chocolate gateau and some fish fingers.

I realised it must be the fallout from Iceland!"

and

"Its a bit early for Iceland volcano jokes. We should wait awhile for the dust to settle. "

oh min!

Mind you it looks like I'll be out of here tomorrow and back to the UK soon ...woowho!