aberdeen-music

Iceland Volcano caused by...(from Daily Mail comments section)

I like Ice Borg myself. Saying that I just made it up, but it would be a cracking name, especially if a boat hit it!...sorry I'm bored just now.

Aye, this ash carry on is a pest. We have 3 guys stuck in Jo-Berg, and I'm due to fly the middle of next week as well, I hope the backlog is cleared up by then.

My brother had to come back from Manchester. He was meant to be flying out to Mexico. Also spent two nights at the Airport Premier Inn and got back today. It was a wedding party as well. Not his, I might add. My Dad was meant to get back from a short trip offshore on Thursday, and he's said it could be as late as Tuesday before we see him. This fucking ash cloud has also prevented me from seeing my lovely lady this weekend.

Grrrrr.

This trekky states that volcanic ash is almost like a "talcum powder constituency"

BBC News - Iceland volcano: UK flights grounded for second day

(Dr. Hazel Rymer at the end of the video clip)

Sounds like a euphemism for a place the BNP might run for election...

I found my outside table covered in 'volcanic ash' this morning. Was tempted to make a spoof of this.

My brother had to come back from Manchester. He was meant to be flying out to Mexico. Also spent two nights at the Airport Premier Inn and got back today. It was a wedding party as well. Not his, I might add.

We met that wedding party. The bride was absolutely smokin' hot too. Proper MILF! Slim, long dark hair. Yum! When we got the taxi back to the long stay car park, the bride was phoning round trying to get something sorted for a ceremony. Tough break.

We met that wedding party. The bride was absolutely smokin' hot too. Proper MILF! Slim, long dark hair. Yum! When we got the taxi back to the long stay car park, the bride was phoning round trying to get something sorted for a ceremony. Tough break.

Want to hear my tale of woe? I need to get to Portland, Maine by Sunday...to get married.

I'm becoming increasing convinced I'm basically fucked (my bride is already over there - she went over a week before).

Want to hear my tale of woe? I need to get to Portland, Maine by Sunday...to get married.

I'm becoming increasing convinced I'm basically fucked (my bride is already over there - she went over a week before).

Call cunard, theres a sailing from tSouthampton on the 20h or 21stt and possibly takes 5 days

0845 071 0300

or...if you take proof of your forthcoming marriage you might be able to boat hop for small fees from aberdeen - norway - usa...quite romantic too

Could always try this....

Couple Take Wedding Vows Via Video Link - Sky News Video Player

I am meant to be sunning myself on a lounger beside a pool in Turkey all-inc 5 star luxury...but :( I'm at work and it's snowing outside

Thomas cook was on holiday on Saturday and cant get in touch with anyone.....apparently the agency I went through are doing nothing until the situation is resolved!

Guest idol_wild

If you really love her, you'll walk and swim there.

If you really love her, you'll walk and swim there.

"i dont care how you get here, just get here if you can"

sorry neil, that is really awful situation to be in. hope you can get something sorted out in time.

i work for a travel company in aberdeen. we get regular updates and everyday the airspace closure has been extended by 24 hours. the next update from NATS is in 2 hours.

until then though airspace closed until 0100 hrs on tuesday

This gives you an absolute winner of an opportunity to arrive at the last minute, against all odds, on a pegasus or something. Honestly though, it could be like the end of the best rom-com ever. They will be waiting for you and you bride will look beautiful (of course) but apprehensive and a bit sad. All of a sudden, a one engined plane will block out the sun, the music stops, and everyone squints their eyes to see what is coming, the mood is tense. The plane flies low over the trees and towards where the ceremony is being held, but wait, who is that dangling from the plane?

"It's Uncle Neil!" says your nephew Bobby

Your wife to be is in awe. "It can't be. It just can't."

You fly over the guests and leap of the plane,

who by the way is being piloted by Don Cheadle. He was an ex-boyfriend of your wife and was originally trying his hardest to stop the marriage, however during your gruelling journey to stop the wedding (in Don's case) and to make the wedding (in your case) you become friends and Don acquiesces to your logic and uses the knowledge he has gained from his three flying lessons to get you their on time.

You emerge from a nearby lake as the guests run over to greet you:

"Sorry to drop in on you like this"

Your fiancee doesn't know whether to slap you or kiss you. She kisses you.

You get married etc and as you get in to the car to go on your honeymoon you see Don

from a distance. He gives you a knowing nod and walks away. Your stare lingers on his position for a moment until Mrs Neil grabs you into the car. You drive into the sunset as the credits begin to roll.

Anyway, just a thought.

• Upvote 3

This gives you an absolute winner of an opportunity to arrive at the last minute, against all odds, on a pegasus or something. Honestly though, it could be like the end of the best rom-com ever. They will be waiting for you and you bride will look beautiful (of course) but apprehensive and a bit sad. All of a sudden, a one engined plane will block out the sun, the music stops, and everyone squints their eyes to see what is coming, the mood is tense. The plane flies low over the trees and towards where the ceremony is being held, but wait, who is that dangling from the plane?

"It's Uncle Neil!" says your nephew Bobby

Your wife to be is in awe. "It can't be. It just can't."

You fly over the guests and leap of the plane,

who by the way is being piloted by Don Cheadle. He was an ex-boyfriend of your wife and was originally trying his hardest to stop the marriage, however during your gruelling journey to stop the wedding (in Don's case) and to make the wedding (in your case) you become friends and Don acquiesces to your logic and uses the knowledge he has gained from his three flying lessons to get you their on time.

You emerge from a nearby lake as the guests run over to greet you:

"Sorry to drop in on you like this"

Your fiancee doesn't know whether to slap you or kiss you. She kisses you.

You get married etc and as you get in to the car to go on your honeymoon you see Don

from a distance. He gives you a knowing nod and walks away. Your stare lingers on his position for a moment until Mrs Neil grabs you into the car. You drive into the sunset as the credits begin to roll.

Anyway, just a thought.

Post of the year!

One question though... Who's gonna start the slow clap?