aberdeen-music

Iceland Volcano caused by...(from Daily Mail comments section)

Guest Gladstone
People actually think that?

I honestly think there are people out there who think it - maybe not Rab C Nesbitt, but he would be seen as an exaggeration of your average Scotsman under the stereotype.

We are all foul-mouthed, drunken idiots. That guy with the Hooters top shouting "I hate Iceland" whilst clearly under the influence of booze, like the idiotic football fans that seem to get wheeled in front of the cameras whenever there's a big game etc, do us no favours. It's very rare they catch a sensible, quiet, well-spoken Scottish person in these clips. It just makes me cringe.

Yes, Mr Hooters, it is Iceland's fault. I say we all hunt down Kerry Katona and make her pay...

Guest Gladstone
Surely more people associate that with Italians, rather than Scots?

I certainly do.

Italians? Really?

The British are the only people I think of as drunken yobs. I was of the opinion that our continental cousins don't share our binge drinking culture.

In my opinion, a stereotypical Italian is someone that cheats at football.

Guest Gladstone
I bet he went and defiled the Bjork section in HMV as well.

Do you reckon we could blame all of this on Bjork?

I think it's feasible. Let's do it.

Fucking Icelandic bitch.

Guest Gladstone
I blame it on Scouting For Girls getting to number 1 in the charts. This act alone has thrown the whole globe off-kilter and caused volcanoes, earthquakes, Ross County beating Celtic, etc.

Even if they are blameless in your above list of bad things, I'd still kick them in the balls. Twice.

They had some Vulcanologist on the radio speaking about it. It's a major disaster, you would think they'd be able to get somebody with better credentails than some Star Trek geek.

This trekky states that volcanic ash is almost like a "talcum powder constituency"

BBC News - Iceland volcano: UK flights grounded for second day

(Dr. Hazel Rymer at the end of the video clip)

Sounds like a euphemism for a place the BNP might run for election...

Guest idol_wild
Italians? Really?

The British are the only people I think of as drunken yobs. I was of the opinion that our continental cousins don't share our binge drinking culture.

Have you seen footage of the utter devastation that occurs after major football matches in Italy? Whether it's at international or club level, all you can see is inebriated mentalists acting like fucking apes in a tree, flinging shit at eachother.

Have you seen footage of the utter devastation that occurs after major football matches in Italy? Whether it's at international or club level, all you can see is inebriated mentalists acting like fucking apes in a tree, flinging shit at eachother.

Do you remember a few years ago the bloke (Parma fan I think) who managed to get a moped in the stadium wheeled it up to the top deck and threw it into the fans below? At least the huns only throw pies.

I think the only posts I've made recently have been about football hooligans?!

Do you remember a few years ago the bloke (Parma fan I think) who managed to get a moped in the stadium wheeled it up to the top deck and threw it into the fans below? At least the huns only throw pies.

I think the only posts I've made recently have been about football hooligans?!

It was Lazio and they set the moped on fire before they lobbed it from the top deck. Those fascist nutters.

Yes, but it seems like it's not worth the risk of plunging to your doom. Especially if it was plunging to your doom with BA, as that would be a horrible experience to take into infinity.

I trust the airlines will only fly when it's safe and certainly don't blame them for what's happened, I'm sure they are just as eager to get back to normal

I'm being optimistic!

I like the folk outside the airports who complain "We haven't been told anything". Erm, have you asked anyone? Called your airline? Read the news?

That always cracks me up, geez the general public can be a bunch of clueless cunts especially during time of a crisis. I've heard loads of reports from airlines saying when they are deffo not going to be flying till. What do they want to be told exactly?

On a smug note, I'm going on holiday on Monday. I am not flying. I feel smuger than Noel Edmunds.