aberdeen-music

BEST PUNK ACT - Fudge Awards 2010

The Ghost Of Fudge

surely that shows how punk he is, he doesnt care bout nuthin!

I'm actually sarca-neo-punk. I mean everything I don't say, don't mean everything I do say except that I mean it as a joke and I quite like guitar solos. I hate the world but it doesn't matter because I don't care. At least I have integrity though.

I don't have 2 accounts - the other one must be an e2v fan or something (judging by their user name). I'm sure Brian will deduct one vote if he so much as suspects foul play.....

and watching escape to victory was like watching a replication of Rise Against with a singer who looks 5 years old!

they sing about politics and all that jazz and they probably dont even vote. so dont even start. i respect them as musicians - but i think theyre taking this far too seriously. this whole jealousy thing is hillairious.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion - so dont even bother trying to sway people.

there are so many genres of punk - and just because i play in a band that doesnt write songs about politics or climate change etc doesnt make me any less punk than you. oh and also when it comes to shows - i think youll find weve played a shit load more than E2V - and im pretty sure that stands for something. weve pushed ourselves really hard this year and worked for everything weve got. we just tried to do something different for aberdeens music scene. just because hardcore is the "in" thing to do right now does not mean there isnt room for other bands in Aberdeen. and to be honest i think the hijacks should win it anyway. those guys are amazing - and theyre a hell of a lot tighter than anyone else in this poll. im done arguing with someone who whines like a little girl about not winning. (referring to E2V) I honestly couldnt give a flying fuck. so go ahead, get your mates to sign up and cast votes for you. you obviously want this more than anyone else in this poll so go ahead. youve clearly worked harder than any of the other bands that write songs and play gigs and sell merch and record albums etc in Aberdeen.

actually fuck it - that was sarcasm - i hope we kick your ass. :D

5 years old?! ok that's low man...I mean i've laid my heart on the line in this thread and you throw insults around willy nilly?!

You obviously have a lot of anger in you. That makes you at least a level 5 punk. i have only just levelled up to become a level 3 so I am in no way prepared to engage in any kind of punk verabalisations with you. I only just got my first pair of skate shorts and a copy of dookie...you must be at least well on your way to your 1st tattoo by now and maybe even have a bad religion release.

I better get all 27 of my friends to retract their votes because your in a different league man.

• Upvote 1

Despite the genres being historically associated with hair, stubble, sweat and general machismo (although to often ludicrous degrees) I love how it's the metal and punk threads that always contain the most girly bitching sessions on here. I blame all the emo developments in both genres.

Bring back real raspy-gargle blokes like Lemmy.

It does matter. This prestigious award should be given to the best punk band in Aberdeen. We shared it last year with two other bands and at the time we said to each other "that's good guys, well done! but we need to push ourselves further in the coming year and make sure that it is only our name on the award on 2010". We actually took our awards (we shared "best punk" and "best band") to meetings with some record industry executives and they pretty much said "come back when you're the undisputed best in Aberdeen and maybe we can talk then". Winning this award means everything to us. This has been our ambition and was included in our mission statement on our myspace page, which you may or may not have seen. I know music isn't just about award ceremonies and it is not really a competition but when you consider how winning this award could really help our music careers you may begin to get an idea about how important it is that the voting system is not manipulated.

Escape to Victory are deeply upset that these whippersnappers Heller State seem to be canvassing for votes on myspace and possibly (although we are only guessing) Facebook. I'm not sure if they are on Bebo but they could be doing it on there too. For me, this takes away from integrity of the Fudge Awards - as you said yourself Aberdeen votes for who they want to win. For all we know people who are friends with Heller State on social networking websites and don't even live in Aberdeen may be signing up to this website to vote. This, in my eyes at least, is not fair. They haven't even seen Escape to Victory (not to mention the other great bands nominated) to be able to compare us with Heller State - They are just doing a favour for a friend.

Despite what I have said above, we may have to resort to these tactics of online canvassing and play them at their own game. We are going to meet tonight to discuss our options and will have an update for you early next week.

To anybody who has seen us this year and enjoyed our music, please, please take the time to vote for us. This is our dream and it means the world to us. We can't come this far and not quite get there again.

Sincerely

Shaki, e2v

i don't know if it really needs any more attention drawn to it but jesus christ this post is incredible

and watching Hellar State was like watching a replication of Green Day with a singer who looks 5 years old!

I Wouldn't go posting about a band being a replica of another when your in hellar state,

so much fail

Its only natural that that youre gonna sound a little like the bands who influence you.

Personally i take inspiration from bands i like.

And if you say that you dont, then youd be a total liar.

And i dont really mind looking young actually - when im 40 ill still maybe look 30! :)

To be honest i like Grader - ive seen you guys a few times, and im not causing any arguments.

However - i hate the fact that people dont seem to take us seriously because were not playing the "popular" type of music that seems to be the "in thing" right now.

Whethear E2V's comments are serious or not, the fact that they posted a comment basically saying that they were entitled to this award was pretty offensive, considering the hard work every band in this poll has put in this year.

Sure they did well last year, but that doesnt mean they will automatically win it this year.

If they win, ill congradulate them and wish them all the best, because from what ive heard, theyre pretty nice guys.

But Its anyones game.

Everyone deserves a chance, and its down to aberdeen to decide who gets it.

And i agree with the comment about the brothel corpse trio..... the chances are the moorings votes will come in and theyll destroy everybody!

Good luck to every band in the poll!

Its only natural that that youre gonna sound a little like the bands who influence you.

Personally i take inspiration from bands i like.

I think its more the case that you sound almost identical to Green Day, and you put on an America accent when singing, when you are scottish, and most probably sound nothing like that when you talk

that being said, you could be american for all I know, but still. Thats why I find it all unappealing

• Upvote 1

you know, i was going to ask Heller State to play the awards show. you can imagine my disappointment to find they're already playing a gig elsewhere that night...

e2v are available if you're willing to discuss the addition of a one-off lifetime achievement award for services to the local punk scene. That could be just the boost we need to propel us further in our careers and reward the tireless, unrivalled, back-breaking, stick-breaking, sometimes heartbreaking hard work we have invested in the pursuit of our one true dream of musical perfection. Obviously we'd thank you on all future liner notes and wear Fudge T Shirts to the MTV awards (which we'd only be attending ironically). I know I'm thinking a little ahead here but have a think on it Bri.

e2v are available if you're willing to discuss the addition of a one-off lifetime achievement award for services to the local punk scene. That could be just the boost we need to propel us further in our careers and reward the tireless, unrivalled, back-breaking, stick-breaking, sometimes heartbreaking hard work we have invested in the pursuit of our one true dream of musical perfection. Obviously we'd thank you on all future liner notes and wear Fudge T Shirts to the MTV awards (which we'd only be attending ironically). I know I'm thinking a little ahead here but have a think on it Bri.

are you being serious?